T

So, you break 101
What does it all mean?
On the computer to much?
Am I more now than I was?
Do I get a parade?
Perhaps a watch?
I wonder if I look different?
What is the shortest amount of time to get there?
I have never been a Socialite before!
I am all tingly.
I don't know what to say.(can you tell)
I'd like to thank
My parents
My wife
My kids
My manager
And most of all I want to thank
Tiki
Whom without I could not be what I am today
Oh stop
I know what your thinking
Me too
See you at next years awards

I recently saw mine creep upwards of 100 and thinking "What the heck did I say in a hundred posts?"

W

Rather than take the time to write you personally, baxdog, I just have to say that I do a lot of laughing at your posts...All the spelling mistakes and bad grammar really crack me up. No, I kid. Your free association rambles verge on poetry, and I really do laugh a lot...EVEN WHILE SOBER!

T

HANFORD,
i Demand sPel chek

BB

Alooha bexdogg,
Now u Can hang ten with the big boys! Being a socialite requires donating an hour a month to walking aimlessly threw Fasion Island and test driving Feraries at Newport Imports! No spell check needed. 99% of the reader/posters are on mai Tai's!!!

"Real Artists Don't Spell!!"

W

Just in case this whole thing snowballs (not like that would ever happen on Tiki Central) I have to clarify that my comment about spelling and grammar were a joke (please see "No, I kid" in my original comment above). As for spelling, I was going to use the word errs/errors but I can never remember which is which or which one isn't at all or however it goes. As for grammar, my motto is "Grammar schmammar!"

So it's only the quantity of posts that makes one a 'Socialite'. I was hoping it was the quality!

On 2002-09-04 06:57, thebaxdog wrote:
HANFORD,i Demand sPel chek

You read my mind! I was just about it add it.

NEW FEATURE: Due to a popular request to make Tiki Central better, I am proud to announce that we now have Spell Checking! Just follow this link for details: tikicentral.org/spell_checking

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-09-04 17:01 ]

Um, I theenk tha link yous gived es badd, it tuk mee two an dickshunerry webb syt,

T

Woofie muter,
I never take this to heart, except Bong
Now that guy really pisses me off.
Hanford, again you are so the man.
Just put the spell check link at the top of the page and away we go!!!!

H

bax dog, your posts are pretty darned entertaining. I find myself counting the syllables; half the time I think you're speaking in haikus or iambic pentameter. Or just riddles.

BB

Aloha,
I almost didn't get my art degree cause I couldn't spell. Ooooops, wait a minute. I didn't attend college. I was to busy being an artist! That's what they call me, but I don't agree. You's should of seen the stuff I did when I was in high school! It would scare you's back a notch or two!!

T

Yeah, I thought i was the bomb cause I was a tiki socialite and not a Centralite.... but then I realised it was just cause I talk too much.

Still, I do feel I have a certain "elder" status here....

Anyone who flies from Canada to SF for a tik crawl gots to get tha props, no?

S

On 2002-09-04 21:56, bamboo ben wrote:

I was to busy being an artist! That's what they call me, but I don't agree. You's should of seen the stuff I did when I was in high school! It would scare you's back a notch or two!!

Saw your artwork after the OC Pubcrawl, Ben!

Cool stuff! You the artist, man!

But what really scared me was the Spandel Ballet look you was sportin' in the 80's! :wink:

Aloohaas!

Uncle Arty

BB

That's what happend to my hair when I used shampoo & conditioner, Uncle Smarty!

I spat on your spandex ballet!!
They used to call me "Eraser-Head! Now days, short and lot's of "Crew Comb". And one more thing, always look out for the head-less chicken spatting goo! Great movie!

T

I've been trying to always post quality as opposed to quantitiy, but I am on the cusp. Good God, it is so tempting to post a couple er and um messages, but I think I will try to earn the 101 honestly. I just need to know, is there going to be confetti or a siren (I don't want to attract too much attention at work!). This site has made work so much more enjoyable. I look forward to all the posts and information. Got to go work on my acceptance speech. Thanks Hanford for such an awesome site, Though it's not easy to explain to people outside the forum what exactly it is. I recently had a party where members Johntiki and PoweroftheTiki attended and I couldn't exactly explain were I had met them from. My sister thought we were some secret society, which we all kind of agreed we were. No handshake, but we've got the Shecky Power.

Later On,
Chris

:sheckymug:

S

I will still call you Eraser Head, Ben!

That is one of the greatest movies of all time! Gave me nightmares, but I love them little chickens and the dancin' gal with Big Cheeks!

What about Blue Velvet?!?

"In Dreams I Walk With You..."

Aloha,

Uncle Arty!

S

Aloha,

I unwittingly made it to 101 posts and I have now joined the ranks of the Tiki Socialites.

I feel like I'm caught in some Orwellian nightmare!

"Room 101 is the worst place in the world."

From 1984 - George Orwell, 1948

BB

Hey Sten!
Did you get your "101 badge yet?" They're very cool!

T

I am nervously approaching 101 as I post this, I've never been a "Socialite"

Will I have to act different? Can I still drink my mai tais straight from the pitcher standing behind my bar in my underwear?

And does anybody out there know how to get lint out a bellybutton??

On 2002-10-09 10:15, tikimug wrote:
I am nervously approaching 101 as I post this, I've never been a "Socialite"

Will I have to act different? Can I still drink my mai tais straight from the pitcher standing behind my bar in my underwear?

And does anybody out there know how to get lint out a bellybutton??

You will act no different? I was a dumbass before, I am a dumbass now. Yes you can drink that Mai Tai from the pitcher in your drawers. And A small amount of 151 and a lighter should remove that lint. Have a nice day tikimug! See told you I am a dumbass.

T

On 2002-10-09 15:31, KokomoTikiBar&Grill wrote:

A small amount of 151 and a lighter should remove that lint. Have a nice day tikimug! See told you I am a dumbass.

OK, OK, I did a shot of 151, then I lit the lighter but the lint didn't budge. So, I did another shot of 151 and lit the lighter... still nothing! So I lit the shot of 151 (and damn if'n I didn't burn my mouth!) But I couldn't see to well after that so I couldn't see no more lint neither, musta worked! Thanks and RoCK-oN!

Well lemonade just flew out my nose and I hacked up a hairball (from my wife of course). Thanks tikimug for that. I needed a good laugh.

S

On 2002-10-06 08:59, bamboo ben wrote:
Hey Sten!

I think I got it early at the OC Pubcrawl! Cool original Bamboo Ben design!

Thanks, Bro!

Arty

bamboo ben wrote:

I haven't got one (yet), and I'm writing my 101st post right here in "101". Anyway, I don't know where I'd put the badge....It's 9:09 a.m., I'm sitting in a dark room, shades pulled closed, with bed-head, underwear, and sipping an iced-tea in a plastic tiki cup listening to the rain outside and staring at the Tiki Central logo....umm....that's pretty much my day...everyday....

SugarCaddyDaddy

Happy 102 Daddy Cady Sugar!

K

Suger Daddy - What a visual that was! Congrats on your 1-0-1 Status!

Much like sugarcaddydaddy, I'm hitting 101 as I sit with bed-head in my rudolph the red-nosed reindeer pajamas in front of the computer. Not even so much as a plastic tiki cup for me, my double-tall almond roca breve mocha (crafted for me with love by the darling Mr. Humuhumu) is in an italian mug. Harumph.

However! Today is Humuhumu Room Improvement Day, and I have high hopes of finishing a fountain and taking a new round of better pics. It's gonna be a good day.

look at me I'm a socilite now, what happens now do I get to learn the secret handshake, will i have to ride the mechanical bucking tiki, if run out of rum while mixing a cocktail should I shout out "will no one help the beachcomber's son" so that other socilites have to give me some of their rum.

Okeedokeee.... Here I go! It only took me 10 months to get here.

Hey!

Congratulations Atomictony and Weirdunc. Me too. Does that make the three of us blood brothers or something? All I can say is, if I'm now a Socialite, then when's my Debutante Ball?!

My God, three people reaching 101 on the same day within five hours of each other thats a record or something.

I hit 101 awhile back!

Bax, I just looked an mine-110! And I have nothing to say, blah, blah, blah. But look at Bigbro-540! or Trader Woody-546! Hanford your only at 313

hey, I'm at 111-NO 112!

1. How can I stop this?
T

GET_____OFF______THE_____KEYBOARD
and get back on Daisey Duke

DZ

1 0 1!! At last - Socialite status! Ahhh... the good life...

Now somebody buy me a drink!

It happened to me and I didn't even see it coming!

Pages: 1 38 replies