Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Talk about a slimy seller...

Pages: 1 7 replies

K
Kono posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2004 8:03 PM

Here's a good one!

Original auction ended 07.03.04 for a framed August Holland "Pearl of Wisdom." A couple flaws noted. freeuptikihut is the winner. Good deal. "Pearl of Wisdom" framed for $28! Good job freeuptikihut!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20149&item=3733011472

But wait! Seven days later the same item comes up again for auction with freeuptikihut as the seller! Buy It Now! for only $900! What a deal! Hey, no reserve! You could steal it for $50 if you're lucky! What you wanna bet that the shipping charges are unbelievably indecent? No mention of those flaws...it's in "Magnificent condition!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20149&item=3735789997&rd=1

Tonight I am defender of the ebay seller. The print listed at 50 bucks is about right, the condition was listed better first, but for an old cheaply made print seems to be in very good condition. As far as the "buy it now" this feature costs 5 cents and disapears after the first binding bid. The 900 was likley a mistake/joke/lark/dream/attempttogrababid. No one else bids I may grab it, sorry I missed it the first time, thanks for pointing it out.

F
foamy posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2004 8:35 PM

If it's so coveted why isn't the buyer/seller hanging on to it? Why is it being misrepresented? $900? A joke? I don't think so. A nice piece, no doubt, but I have issues with that kind of mentality.

see how it's gone already?

F
foamy posted on Mon, Jul 12, 2004 8:45 PM

–?–

Sorry, was referring to the "$900 But It Now", peace, -Higi

K
Kono posted on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 3:41 AM

On 2004-07-12 20:38, McDougall wrote:
see how it's gone already?

It bothers me that the original seller admitted flaws (granted they were small ones) but this seller didn't mention them. You should email the seller for S/H if you haven't already.

[ Edited by: Kono on 2004-07-13 03:44 ]

F
foamy posted on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 5:46 AM

It just struck me this morning. I knew I had seen that picture somewhere. When I was a kid, my aunt and uncle had a place at the beach. That same picture adorned thier living room wall.

Pages: 1 7 replies