Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

TikiQuest at Good Eye in DC August 1st

Pages: 1 22 replies

B

Aloha DC/Baltimore TCers!

On Sunday afternoon August 1, Duke and I will be at GoodEye in Washington DC (4918 Wisconsin Ave) where he'll sign copies of Tiki Quest. We will also be selling a very limited quantity of the Munktiki Tiki Quest mugs. You can check out the mug at http://www.pegboardchicago.com/mug.html

More info and specific time to be posted in the next day or so.

Looking forward to meeting everyone who comes out!

-Amy

T

So any chance if you two will be able to join us in your back yard of Wisconsin for the Tiki Pa'ina?? Would be nice to meet you both and have you along for the party! I also wanted to see if it would be possible to buy some books from you for the raffle? Hoping to hear back from you when you can, I know your schedule is busy.

Supportive comments are great, showing up in support is even better

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-13 07:41 ]

excellent! we will do everything to get there and see you! sadly we can't take you to the honolulu afterwords :( ...

B

We'll be looking forward to meeting you Johnny$, it should be lots of fun. We have been trying to put this together with Good Eye since last fall. We are really bummed about the Honolulu being closed, but we did get in one last visit when we came out to visit family at Christmas. We used to go there every time we came to DC. We wanted to get something when they held the auction but were outbid. Where does everyone in Baltimore/DC get their fix these days? Your home bar?

Tiki-Toa, didn't we send you an email a while back? We'd love to be able to come up for your event, but we have commitments that weekend. If that changes for any reason– we'll be there. Let's talk about getting you copies of Tiki Quest, just drop us an email.

T

Yes you did reply, but then the dates were changed from when I first emailed you, I then sent a second email with all of the updated info, but I am sure with travelling to siginings and trying to have a normal life outside of tiki, along with a young baby (me I have 4 kids, 9 month old girl the youngest) I know things can get lost in the shuffle. So how can we talk more about the books? Do you want to email me your number and I will call you, or something else?

I

Bad timing for at least one of us DC'ers - as it looks like we'll be doing the tiki switcheroo trick.

You're going from Chicago to D.C., and that same weekend I start my own driving trip, driving from DC to Wisconsin via the Hala Kahiki/Chicago route.

I've been surviving the closure ofthe Honolulu with the help of Dave and Anna's mai-tai mix .... that medicine helps relieve the pain of the Honolulu closure.

Vern

T

On 2004-07-13 09:17, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Yes you did reply, but then the dates were changed from when I first emailed you, I then sent a second email with all of the updated info, but I am sure with travelling to siginings and trying to have a normal life outside of tiki, along with a young baby (me I have 4 kids, 9 month old girl the youngest) I know things can get lost in the shuffle. So how can we talk more about the books? Do you want to email me your number and I will call you, or something else?

So how do I get a hold of someone about books?!?????????

B

Good Eye has also added a Tiki Swap Meet to the festivities on August 1st. Great idea and should be lots of fun for folks who bring stuff to trade. Check out their website: http://goodeyeonline.com/ or:
http://goodeyeonline.com/tikiquest.htm

Oh yeah, the event will be from 2-5pm.

Tiki Toa, we just sent you an email. This week has been insane! Duke has a show of his contemporary artwork opening at a gallery tomorrow and has been busy with the installation and preparations.

Amy I got your email! Just in case I wanted to post here, I replied hopefully the internet works and it gets to you ok.

B

We just heard from Skip at Good Eye that the fine folks from the Honolulu may attend the event and hopefully will be bringing some of their special recipe Mai-Tai mix to offer for sale! Maybe we can't be at the Honolulu room, but we can taste their tropical elixir!

Ikitnrev, sorry we will miss you, but drinks in the garden at Hala Kahiki are magical, enjoy!

How about a head count? Who is planning on coming out?

Did I already mention that the Tiki Quest mug is one of my all time favourite new mugs?

Go and get it, kids!
Duke, you should post a picture of it!

hey mr & mrs boutiki, you can plan on mr & mrs johnny dollar there! hasta!

p.s. amy and duke, there is a chance that local tc'ers may not be able to make it but may want a mug from the event. i would be willing to score one for them. wuz wondering though, how many can an individual buy? i promise not to ebay them :) mahaloZ~

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-07-23 07:22 ]

It looks like David and Anna from Honolulu will both be joining us for Duke's book signing and the Tiki Swap Meet. Please email Skip if you are planning to attend. For info visit:
http://goodeyeonline.com/tikiquest.htm
or email [email protected]

Hi Amy,
Any plans on coming to California?

B

The folks at Good Eye keep making this event better and better– they have confirmed that David and Anna Chan will be there and David will most likely be pouring Mai-Tais. They will also be selling their mix so you can enjoy the taste of the Honolulu in your home bar. Good Eye will also be offering some door prizes so be sure to come by.

Unga Bunga, we have been trying to do a California trip– the lovely Naomi at 8 Ball has expressed interest in doing something. We wanted to go to the Oasis this Spring, but we were adjusting to our new baby. Hopefully, we'll be able to get out there soon.

Johnny $, we are looking forward to meeting you, and if you come out to Good Eye we'll have a mug waiting for you. Unfortunately, since we only have a small amount from the modestly sized edition we can only offer them to folks who come out to the events we are doing. We are trying to remedy that, and if possible, we'd like to be able to offer mugs directly from our website to folks who can't join us at any of the events we are doing this summer.

Here is a picture of the mug per Sven:

Aloha!

still trying to get a head count so I can stock the bar, so please RSVP by emailing [email protected]

S

Mike and I DEEPLY regret we will be unable to attend, what will truely be, the DC area Tiki event of the season.

Suck 'em up for us!

dagonne sabina!

i guess i WON'T be driving home! :)

B

We just arrived in D.C. and are looking forward to seeing folks at Good Eye. Since the Hololulu is gone we are thinking of motoring down to Vera's White Sands. Is it worth the drive? We'll see...

Is anyone bringing stuff to trade at the swap meet?

we have a few swap meet RSVP's, plus Good Eye has a bunch of tiki home accessories. Amy from Herbert designs is bringing her latest barkcloth tiki purses, and "Crazy lady" Fonda is bringing her luau gown collection. All SHAG merchandise is on sale for the swap meet also. Come!

[ Edited by: przywara8 on 2004-07-31 11:15 ]

hey boutikis, i've never been to vera's but i hear tell the decor is spectacular, the drinks are disappointing.

ima bringin a munktiki evil bastard and a rum barrel to trade. wheee!

thanks to the boutikis, the chans, skip and everyone at good eye for the spectacular event yesterday! david and anna chan and clan were distibuting good cheer and mai tais without skipping a beat due to their retirement, and duke and amy were two of the most friendly and interesting people you might ever care to meet. a special thanks too to the boutiki extended family for living in northern virginia and bringing d&a out to our neck of the woods :) p.s. the tiki quest official mug is a beaut ~ oh yeah...

B

Here are a few photos from the Good Eye event. We had a great time! Skip and Travis were the nicest hosts, we got to meet a bunch of very cool folks and savor the legendary Honolulu Mai-Tais. Thanks to everyone who came out in the sweltering heat and humidity.

-Amy

Skip

Travis

Johnny $ and Duke

Me and Logan

The Chans

Pages: 1 22 replies