Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Does anyone have a recipe for a rarotongan?

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

Good day all,

I was in Florida recently and I had a drink at one of Emeril's restaurants called a Rarotongan. It was made from a combination of Banana Rum, Bailey's Irish Creme and fresh pineapple. The drink was very cold and frothy and was topped with some toasted coconut. It was very tasty and refreshing. I have all the ingredients listed (at least those were the ingredients listed on the menu), but I am not sure of the quantities of each, or how they are mixed to get the drink as cold and frothy, or how to get the consistency correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike R

[edited by Hanford to remove the recipe tag]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-08-02 22:43 ]

I checked Emeril's site and found no drink recipes, so my guess would be that it was the bartender's creation, not Emeril's. Bribe him (or her) to see if you can get it, or just experiment and taste...by the end of the evening you may not care what you've created!
Aloha
TQ

I checked FoodTV.com and didn't find it there, either. Have you tried the local newspaper's Food Section Editor? Sometimes they'll act as go-betweens for you to get recipes. Or you could try contacting someone at the restaurant or Emeril's corporate headquarters in Nawlins.

i'm going to ask the foodies on http://www.egullet.com ~ do you mind if i cut and paste your request?

M

Dogbytes,

Not at all. Go ahead and cut/paste all you like. In fact, short of smacking around little children and old ladies, anything you want to do to assist me in the search for this recipe is OK by me!!!

Mike R

D

sorry miker ~ no one on the egullet list was able to help ~ that must be a "house drink" invented by Emeril or his minions.

so, experimentation ~ or when you go back, chat it up with the bartender for the recipe, or watch carefully!

elicia

Pages: 1 5 replies