Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki items at Menards

Pages: 1 8 replies

Got a "7 Tiki Patio Light Kit" today at menards on sale for $6.00: It contains 6" tall multi-colored Tikis, including the light set. Made by Enchanted Gardens, a company that markets a lot of garden statuary and decorations.

Also picked up scented pineapple and coconut candles (on sale for $2.50). They look like someone took a pineapple and coconut, cut them in half and stuck a wick in. The wax inside has the color and texture of the fruit (and smells like the fruit). Sort of neat.

I'll try to post pics tonight.

[ Edited by: Palm Paunch on 2004-07-13 21:48 ]

T

In what state was that?

This was in Iowa. I believe that the Menards stores are located basically in the mid west.

Menards is Il, Ia & I think In, maybe Wi, too?

I think I saw the same items in Dixieline here in San Diego the other day. I wa sgetting a key made & didn't have time to look closer.

T

Yep I live in Wisconsin so I was thinking about getting some to add to the raffle for the WI. Tiki Event, mahalo.

Here are the pictures of the tiki lights and coconut and pineapple candles:

The Tiki lights are the same as the Pic-n-Save/Big Lots lights I bought a couple months ago, I saw a different set in Dixieline. Be careful with where you put the cord, mine said they used a lead-based flux in their solder; keep the cord away from food & drinks and away from pets or kids who might chew on it. You won't get alot of lead off the cord, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the info, FFL.

Here's a Tiki Totem Candle from Menards -- three candles in one package:

Pages: 1 8 replies