Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Dimensional, Tropical Woodburning Update PIX

Pages: 1 15 replies

B

At a local wood carvers club, I met a lady who had a Beautifulrelief wood carving/burning of a tropical Island with the normal waves and beaches and trees. It was really nice and was Begging for a few Tikis to "Finish" it off. She is going to do some Tikified scenes and promised to come and post them here. Her work is Different from anything seen here so far and I promise, you will really Love it.

Stay tuned..

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-08-03 18:40 ]

Dude, you are like the Billy Graham of Tiki!

Keep speading the gospel, bruddah!

Ben, It's funny that you should bring up woodburning. I have a small shelf in my office that my father burned when he was in grade school in 1950, and I was just thinking that some tiki-related woodburning would really be cool. I don't see it done much anymore. I'm anxious to see her work.

I remember in the 60's when cork burning (and other types of burning. :) ) was the biggest rage. They even came out with burning by numbers.

W
wushu posted on Thu, Jul 15, 2004 6:30 PM

Wood burning is great fun. I found a woodburner at a thrift store and picked it up. I have been working on a hula girl wood burnt old school wooden Ironing board. I'll post it as soon as I get bqatteries for my cammera. Its a wicked hobby and the smoke beats fixitive fumes anyday

B

Here it is, The First tiki piece from Judith. Woodburning and releif carving painted with watercolors on Mahogany and signed front and back

dimensions are 13 1/2" X 7"
Enjoy

That is absolutely amazing!

If I could only somehow gather even a tenth of that talent, I would be thrilled. This place never ceases to amaze and humble me.

That relief is really nice. It's cool that you posted it here, cause it's really different than most of what we see here on TC. Give my compliments to Judith. I am glad that she went tiki with it. Great job - please post more!

B

Judith wants you to know she can do more of these. This is JUST her 7th piece since she began, so she is a real newbie, but you would never know..

O
Octane posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 7:19 PM

looks great, i love the dimensional part, allows there to be shadows. good work, i look forward to seeing more from her keep posting these great pictures Ben

B

I m selfishly trying to help her. She was sitting there doing all these beach scenes and they were really neat and I wanted tikis in them. So I finally got one and I,m sure she can make more, she put rhinestones in the eyes

B

Juith appreciates all the feedback and kind words. Says she will be making more in the near future She says she may get brave and visit in person soon
Thanks

That is really impressive, Ben. It's so cool, yet not at all how I imagined it would be. It's so unique too. Let her know that we really enjoyed seeing this piece, and that we'd love to see more!

F
foamy posted on Thu, Aug 5, 2004 11:16 AM

That is a pretty hip piece of work. Looking forward to seeing the next one. How long did it take to do the burning?

B

Foamy, she said it took her 3 days, but like me sha only works half a day.
Good news, Judith will be creating more Tiki Beach scenes since our TNTiki was fortunate enough to score this one from her. She thanks TC very much

B

Good news, Judith just joined TC and is "SuitCase" she is recovering from an accident which totaled her van and will have more"Tiki Beaches" soon.
Computers are new to her so be patient , thanks Ben

Pages: 1 15 replies