Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Java Lanes is being torn down right now

Pages: 1 4 replies

What I mean is the acutal demolishion is occuring right now. The beautiful googie style sign is gone, and they pulled out a few things off the outside wall. The little sign that says "Java Lounge" was still there a couple of days ago, but it may be gone now.

I felt really sick to my stomach when I drove by it the other day. I signed every petition I could get my hands on, maybe I should have chained myself to it.

By Java Lanes, I mean the one on PCH in Long Beach, CA, if there are any other Java Lanes out there.

M

sniff!!!! not zazz at all. :(

yep, depressing stuff. I went for a final bowl there a few weeks ago and after a couple games it was hard to leave. I knew I'd never be back.

Progress...ain't it grand?

ATTENTION:

IF YOU'D LIKE TO MAYBE, JUST MAYBE HELP IN PRESERVING THE TAHITIAN "A" FRAME CANOPY AT THE JAVA LANES PLEASE CALL JOHN O'BRIEN OF BROOKFIELD HOMES AND LET HIM KNOW THAT THAT IDEA HAS YOUR SUPPORT! DO IT IMMEDIATELY, EVERY PHONE CALL COUNTS!WE ARE TRYING TO GET BROOKFIELD TO PRESERVE THE FEEL OF OUR LONG BEACH NEIGHBORHOOD BY INCLUDING IT IN THEIR NEW DEVELOPMENT. TELL HIM THAT THIS HAS BEEN DONE ELSEWHERE, AND IS A GREAT IDEA NOW. THANK YOU! MAHALO. RANDY

JOHN O'BRIEN 714 200-1653

Randy Williams
[email protected]

[ Edited by: SlikdudeLB on 2004-07-19 00:48 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies