Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki on Rocket Power

Pages: 1 7 replies

I used to be the color supervisor on Rocket Power.....we did an episode a few years back where a Hawaiian character "Tito" gets homesick so the kids throw him a luau! It was a kick to paint these backgrounds even though the art director was a Russian and didn't quite kow how to design cool tikis.....I tried but couldn't get any design changes! Anyhow, here they are!

Those are cool. Nothing like introducing our kids to the tiki bar scene.

B

Really cool expressions. I like how you have made the tikis Your tikis.

F
foamy posted on Thu, Jul 15, 2004 7:19 AM

Real nice layouts. It's great when you can do a project that involves your personal interests. It happens so rarely.

I

I actually saw that episode with my kids. Good one Bruddah! Excellent art work. Wish I had a talent for art.

I-Tiki

Yep, definately Russian Tikis! Makes you think, maybe Thor Heyerdahl's younger brother Ole was right about the Polynesians carrying their culture on giant Balsa wood rafts across the steppes from the base of the Urals to the Pacific... Either that or he was completely pickled from his attempts to perfect the Aquavit Mai-Tai (but it would explain the cerimonial use of Blinis in the Kava-Kava rituals of the Easter Islanders, and why so many Moais look like Hasidim...).

my favorite is the one with the cat ears and medieval helmet! Crazy Sergey! Love the guy! If I was still doing that show, I would definitely slip in some of my own designs but it was cool nonetheless.....there was a cool transition shot when the characters walk past a palm tree and it magically carves itself to hook up with one of the tikis in the Shore Shack!

Cool show. My son and I watch it. I see a new episode is set to air tomorrow 7-17. Its titled "Island of the Menehunes". The previews show alot of tiki.

Pages: 1 7 replies