Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dano's 40th!

Pages: 1 10 replies

D

Here are some pictures of a birthday party I had on June 19th. I turned 40 on June 14th, and decided to have my first Tiki Party. Bamboo Ben had made a bar for me about two years ago, and I decided to add onto it before the party. Enjoy . . .
(PS. I was pretty plastered during the party, that I forgot to take good pictures of the bar until after the party)!

Lay your gifts before the Tiki Mon!

People at the bar

Limbo!

The Bros singing "Danny-Boy" (NOT TIKI)

Dano!

Dano & Wife

Bartender! I see light through my glass - mind the gap! The bottle stands near you!

[ Edited by: Dano on 2004-07-14 23:28 ]

Great bar! Happy Birthday by the way. I love the sign for your tiki bar and grill , who did it?

D
Danno posted on Thu, Jul 15, 2004 1:17 AM

Thank You!! Oh Man!! I can't believe I forgot to mention Paul at Pariarts! I dealt with Paul, and he was very friendly and helpful during the whole process of making the custom sign for us.

http://www.pariarts.com/index.html

Here is the original drawing . . .

Bartender! I see light through my glass - mind the gap! The bottle stands near you!

[ Edited by: Dano on 2004-07-15 01:19 ]

S

Super cooool pix!
Looks like a blast.
Hope ya had a great party, it sure looks like it.
Happy Belated!

D

Thanks sweetpea! It was pretty good for a first try at the Tiki ~ Luau Theme. Next time TikiCentral invites!!

Happy belated Dano!
The 40's are fun! (so far)

D

Thanks Unga!!

A little ditty from John Lennon:

Life Begins at 40
John Lennon

They say life begins at forty;
age is just a state of mind.
If all that's true,
you know, that I've been dead for thirty-nine.

And if life begins at forty,
well, i hope it ain't the same
it's been tough enough without that stuff
I don't wanna to be born again.

Well, I tried to sweep the slate clean
with a new broom ev'ry day
if that don't work,
I'll jerk around until my next birthday

yeah, life begins at forty,
age is just a state of mind.
Well, if all that's true
you know that I've been dead for thirty-nine.

S

Happy Birthday Dano. I had my 40th on June the 15th. Damn, I blinked and I was fourty. Sungod

Mine's in September, and I'm not getting anything as nice as you did. :( But I expect my parents to buy me a Black Forest cake from King's Hawaiian Bakery. :)

H

Happy birthday, Dano! I got to see your bar at Bamboo Ben's when I was down there a few weeks ago--it's a real beauty!

D

Thank you for the greetings sungod, freddiefreelance, and Humuhumu!! sungod . . . another 1964'er (and one day after mine)and fellow Gemini ~ the most easy going and carefree of all the signs. Not that I believe in it. freddiefreelance . . . I asked mostly for booze since I am just really starting my bar. Hey, but a Black Forest cake is nothing to sneeze at (maybe they can add some rum)! Humuhumu . . . didn't you get a bar, too? I thought I saw one in the back of a truck (or was that for Cherry Capri?) Anyways . . . Thanks again!

Pages: 1 10 replies