Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

HukiHuki of Fort Lauderdale - New Pics

Pages: 1 22 replies

Greetings All; Kern of the Mai-Kai was kind enough to let me post this picture showing some of the HukiHuki Spongebob Aloha Shirts that will be available at Hukilau 2004. Joelle and I are trying to get an idea of how many kids shirts she should do - so if anyone has any requests (like for matching kids/adult shirts) please PM me and let us know!

Full size picture is available here:

http://hukihuki.com/images/sb-large.bmp

Cheers!

---- ORIGINAL POST ----

Greetings; just a quick note to let everyone know that after much work, we're finally bringing the lovely Joelle's ever-popular Aloha Shirts to a wider audience, with the official launch taking place at Hukilau 2004! Much thanks for the encouragement from everyone, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Flounder - we owe you a shirt with an extra "sushi" pocket! Drop us a line, and let's get your size and style down!

http://www.hukihuki.com

Stay on the beach. The natives over there are cannibals.
They eat liars with the same enthusiasm as they eat honest men.

http://www.cybertiki.com

[ Edited by: cybertiki on 2004-07-20 12:53 ]

[ Edited by: cybertiki on 2004-07-20 12:54 ]

[ Edited by: cybertiki on 2004-07-20 12:55 ]

[ Edited by: cybertiki on 2004-07-20 12:56 ]

[ Edited by: cybertiki on 2004-07-20 12:58 ]

P

Terrific! Now I can get that 7X I always needed.

Congratulations to Joelle and Cybertiki and I hear your works are now available at the Mai Kai!

Thanks Pablus!

Correct - Joelle is making the official Mai-Kai logo Aloha Shirts for the Mai-Kai Gift Shop, and will soon begin producing the Sarongs as well!

7x ... no problem bro! Now the extra arm that you use for holding that third Mai-Tai, that's gonna be the real challenge. I got some special Uke fabric that I'm holding just for you since I know you're gonna appreciate it!

Cheers!

...the extra arm that you use for holding that third Mai-Tai
(...or Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster :wink: )

Cybertiki,
Do your shirts have matched pockets?
I'm looking forward to seeing them!

-Patrick

Patrick McNeal,
Lurker Extraordinaire

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 on 2004-07-15 14:45 ]

As far as the matching pockets - YES - absolutely! We wouldn't do it any other way - except for Flounder who needs a contrasting pattern so he can FIND the pocket as he stows his last piece of sushi for a midnite snack!

Glad to see a fellow h2g2 fan out there! Douglas Adams who I had the great honor of working with, albiet briefly, on the Hitchhiker's Guide Game (about a lifetime ago) is sorely missed these days, and I never lift a G&T that isn't in his memory.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Belgium!

Belgium!

Watch your mouth!
Now everyone else is wondering what in the farking zarqwar's going on here!

B

Cybertiki, I can't wait to beet you guys at HukiLau. I'm sure we will be ordering a shirt or two. Congrats!!!

Thanks Ben; we look forward to seeing you as well! The Headhunter Lounge is finally starting to take shape and I'm probably going to need some more tikis by Hukilau time!

Great to know you guys will be at Hukilau! So glad you made it in before we are sold out of vendor space.

Can't wait to meet you!

Congrates Joelle and Cyber. I was starting to wonder about you Cyber, we haven't heard from you in quite a while.

We had some sushi pattern material lying around somewhere I'm not sure if the wahine got rid of it though. If I can find It I will send it to you for a shirt.

For those of you who are wondering what the whole sushi reference is about, me and Kailuageoff went to the Mai Kai and met up with Cyber and Joelle. After to many Zombies I apparently shoved some sushi into my pocket during dinner then got up and walked back to my hotel room.

That last one was my 666 post so I must post again now.

Glad to see a fellow h2g2 fan out there! Douglas Adams who I had the great honor of working with, albiet briefly, on the Hitchhiker's Guide Game (about a lifetime ago) is sorely missed these days, and I never lift a G&T that isn't in his memory

The Hitchhikers books were the best. I don't think I ever laughed so much reading a book. What is this game you speak of?

Cybertiki, I can't wait to beet you guys at HukiLau. I'm sure we will be ordering a shirt or two. Congrats!!!

Ben why would you want to beet Cyber? He's a nice guy and I think you should reconsider. :lol:

Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-07-16 06:50 ]

Hey Flounder!

Yeah I've been doing more lurking than posting lately ... sometimes my company has this totally unrealistic expectation that I'm actually going to do something productive, and they send me on the road for weeks on end during which time I have lengthy discussions regarding advanced cryptography methods, secure voice and data communications, and basically accomplish nothing. Then they let me come back home and do nothing here for awhile. At least I can get a decent Mai-Tai when I'm home - it's hell when I'm on the road, although I've managed to concoct a few interesting libations while trying to improvise!

I think I've seen a nice sushi pattern locally and if you can't find yours let me know and I'll go see if they still have some. That would be cool! Now, all we need to do is think about a lined pocket!

About the game ... A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away (early 80's - Cambridge Mass. actually), I worked with a company called Infocom, who created some of the earliest games for the original IBM PC and Apple platforms. These included the legendary Zork series, as well as The Hitchhiker's Guide game, and a later work, Bureaucracy - these latter two created in collaboration with Douglas Adams. The games were billed as "interactive text adventures" and were crude by today's standards, but were amazingly entertaining, and consumed thousands of hours of what might otherwise have been useful time devoted to more productive pursuits. Since it's off topic, PM me if you're interested, and I can give you a LOT more information than you'll ever want or need!

Cheers!

T

On 2004-07-15 14:44, Biotron2000 wrote:

...the extra arm that you use for holding that third Mai-Tai
(...or Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster :wink: )

... the effect of which is like having your skull smashed in by anvil wrapped in a small bit of lemon peel.

On 2004-07-16 09:36, tikibars wrote:
... the effect of which is like having your skull smashed in by anvil wrapped in a small bit of lemon peel.

"... the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick."

Sorry ... damned photographic memory kicks in and out between drinks. I would like to add that is also an accurate description of one of the Rum Bowls that Pablus mixed last time we got together up at the Hawaiian Inn in Daytona. I know that I sustained some permanent brain damage from that one.

Cheers!

On 2004-07-16 06:44, FLOUNDERart wrote:
We had some sushi pattern material lying around somewhere I'm not sure if the wahine got rid of it though. If I can find It I will send it to you for a shirt.

http://www.reprodepot.com/minisushi.html

On 2004-07-16 08:18, cybertiki wrote:
I worked with a company called Infocom, who created some of the earliest games for the original IBM PC and Apple platforms. These included the legendary Zork series, as well as The Hitchhiker's Guide game

okay, veering it back off topic to this topic, but i LOVED the infocom hitchhiker's guide game! don't recall if i finished it, i think that was before invisi-clues... brilliant game!

you can't look in trillian's purse. it's hers and it's private.

That's pretty cool Tikiwahine. The stuff I have is a little different though.

Cyber, I found the material what kind of measurement do you need. S, M, L or do you need actual measurements? Also how much material does Joelle need to make the shirt?

Thanks and look forward to seeing you two at Hukilau.

Thanks Tikiwahine!

This is a really nice fabric, and ReproDepot is one of the companies that we've sourced fabric from in the past - always some great stuff! They also have another sushi fabric that has larger pattern, with the names of the various sushi printed on it (including uni- yum!)

Flounder, I PM'd you the info we need - I just checked, and Joelle says that a Large takes 2.5 yards of fabric. I was shocked considering how much fabric it takes to make a shirt for me!

NEVER try to modify a post after the third Mai-Tai!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

cybertiki,
If you haven't already seen them, http://www.equilter.com has quite a few sushi fabrics. Just type sushi into their search box.
I work for a fabric shop, but our sushi material is long gone! I'd love to see a picture of the sushi shirt when it's completed, maybe Flounder will model it for us at Hukilau, hint hint :wink:

-Tikiwahine

SPONGE BOB ALOHA SHIRTS!! coooooool.

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-07-20 13:30 ]

Here's the Sushi material for my shirt.

I think it will make for an awesome shirt!

Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-07-20 15:56 ]

T

Flounder you are going to be doing some serious stylin in that shirt!

Pages: 1 22 replies