Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

concert fools

Pages: 1 42 replies

I

Today's Washington Post had a great and amusing article today about an annoying subspecies of people - the concert fools. These are the discourteous people who disturb the decorum at shows, by doing things like

a) singing along - way too loud
b) constantly screaming out the song they want to hear
c) talking loudly during a show - sometimes even on their cellphone ....

There are other types listed too, and sadly, I have personally experienced every one of them.

The full article can be read here ....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63181-2004Jul19.html

Vern

FREEBIRD!

M

STAIRWAY!!!!!!

I like going to concerts with the wife, we've finally started using a hierarchy for determining the likelihood of lousy crowd behavior.

We have started selecting shows based on the likely predominant drug of the crowd.

Ecstacy crowds are polite and friendly. People help make way for each other to walk past and don't litter the floor.

Alcohol crowds are the classic screaming, fighting, barfing, debris jettisoning folks we have grown accustomed to over the last few decades.

Pot crowds like the sway-dance kind of motion and make accomodating gestures and winks at everybody.

Sober crowds - like many punk acts - tend to be sober (as in not innebriated), as I mentioned, and also very energetic. You can pick your energy and physicality level by where you go in the room.

Old sophisticated drunk crowds - Shows like Simon and Garfunkel, Bruce Cockburn, Cowboy Junkies, They Might Be Giants, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt....still get drunks, but the concertgoers are usually concerned about bashing up the Volvo on the way home if they get too loaded. They also seem to act as though they think their bosses are one row back so they behave like they are being supervised. Lotsa jackets with leather elbow pads. How do you act up in a jacket with leather elbow pads?

Anyway, it seems every crowd except the basic alcohol crowd is low on the annoyance scale. Alcohol must be the hardest drug for people to titrate.

Wow, that wandered off topic, apologies!

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-07-20 07:55 ]

T

Vern, you opened a can of worms for me here!

This is a huge peeve.

I was at the celebration for the grand opening of Chicago's public park this past weekend.

Thought I'd take in the nice weather Chicago is enjoying this summer, relax in the new outdoor concert venue, and enjoy some Shostakovich and Elgar.

I didn't manage to enjoy (much less hear) any of the music, because most of the audience were talking, laughing, making all sorts of other sundry noises through the whole concert. I'd say 25% of the audience were paying attention to the orchestra. It was really annoying.

At a punk rock show, I would expect the crowd to shout and act as though a riot was in progress, but don't people know that when you're going to see the orchestra, you're supposed to shut the fuck up?

Now Geeky - your observations are interesting. But I think that I wouldn't give the pot smokers so much credit for politeness. I see concerts for a living (I estimate about 2000 to date), and I have noticed that the neo-hippies who go to see 'jam bands' like Phish (and their legions of imitators) are the WORST.

The jam band crowd vandalize the venues more often, make more of a mess, smoke FAR more, are more disrepspectful to the venue staff and the venue itself, and are more likely to pass out, piss in the corner, or sneak their friends in the back door than any other scene: punks, hip hoppers, metal heads, or (pick your favorite formerly subversive musical scene).

This observation isn't based on a few shows - this is based on seeing HUNDREDS of shows, and after a while, I noticed that every time Galactic, Bug Wu, Umphree's McGee, or some other Phish/Dead-type plays, the crowd are a nightmare. Every time.

Oh, and out of the 2000-odd shows I have worked, I'd say that some jackass has yelled out "Freebird" at 1998 of them. It isn't clever, funny, original, or nescessary. I estimate that most of the people who yell it don't know that it's the name of a song by Lynrd Skynrd, and wouldn't realize that their request had been honored if that band indeed started playing it.

If any of you are the Freedbird guy out there, then stop it. Now.

Okay, thanks for letting me rant.

Now, back to TIKI!

I had a jerk throw up on me at a Clapton concert in '87 - so drunk he couldn't hold his head up.

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-04-10 11:56 ]

Hi Tikibars,

My observation is hampered by having avoided jam band shows!

I went to two dead shows in my life.

I only went to the second one to make sure the first one was as bad as I thought.

I have one more obeservation I'd like you to verify, though.

At the Dead show, I saw people with the worst sense of rhythm, ever.

Do all the crowds at jam band shows dance to a random beat that has nothing to do with the music?

My wife says that the Dead crowd gave me my 'cooties' posture, where I walk around with my hands crossed across my chest, shoulders a little forward - not wanting to touch anything.

The people seemed very nice, though. I don't mean to over-judge.

I was just wondering were in the heck the weekly hippy bashing thread was.

M

What happens to me, without fail, is that I get to a show early as hell, sit on a sidewalk for hours (which is no fun in front of the Warfield in SF I assure you), rush in to get the perfect place to watch the show on the floor...and then it turns to shit. Someone who got there 5 minutes before the headliner always pushes in front of you. And that person is always pablusized. (that's a new word meaning "big guy"). So you watch a head for two hours. I mean, I am six feet tall, but there's always some 6'5" guy who shows up at every band I like. Grrr..

As an aside, JT: the most recent show this happened at (last week) was Neil and Tim Finn. I was tempted to yell out "What does the name Split Enz really mean?!" but I showed good concert manners and refrained.

On 2004-07-20 09:27, tikibars wrote:
If any of you are the Freedbird guy out there, then stop it. Now.

just incase you are hinting in my direction, no I am not that guy. Though I did think it was funny when someone yelled it at a VERY ethnic wedding where 1/2 of the guests did not understand the language of the singer.

BTW, I nominate the air-guitar or air-drummer guy as most annoying.

-Z

And speaking of "concert fools"...

Back when I worked for a record distributor and was privy to such information, I heard that Patti Smith was going to do a short set at a local small club (I believe as a birthday present for one of the members of REM who were in town that day; he had never seen her live and wanted to) Anyway, a smattering of music industry folk who had gotten wind of the performance started to fill the dancefloor as she was setting up, forcing the Bud-guzzling fratboy types off the floor.

We stood there listening, enjoying, having a good time until I heard a conversation from behind us:

"Who the hell is she?"

"That's the lead singer from Scandal"

"Well when is she gonna sing something we know?"

-Z

careful F.Z.ied, you're dating yourself with the Patti Smith stuff.....lol!!!

Matt

I've been Anglered. After waiting near the stage for the headliner bands, sometimes 2 or more hours, someone manages to stand in front of me. I just wonder what they were thinking when they do this because I'm only 5' and pretty much everyone in the U.S. is taller than me.

Only other annoyance is stuffed animals at gigs. At a recent gig a kid would lifted his duck above the crowd and wave it at the band in between songs. Granted it was an all ages show, but really, stuffed animals?

[ Edited by: sallyandjay on 2004-07-20 13:10 ]

[ Edited by: SallyandJay on 2004-07-20 13:11 ]

Geeky,
I've never been to a Dead or smellyPhish show, but I know that those "types" if you will, sometimes show up to my local Rockabilly hangout (cause they often have hippy-ish shows) heehe, and trust me, nope, none of em have rhythm. hahaha. As luck would have it, I'm the gal they always wanna boogie with. I used to be nice and try to dance with everyone, but I've finally learned to nicely decline, as I'm no good at the Patchoulli Prance.... hehehehe
PEa

I've decided long ago that when I pay to see a rock concert I'm paying for the whole experience, the drunks, the distractions, the whiffs of pot smoke, and the bad fashions Looking back on bands I've seen in the past I can't remember who played there but the memory or someone passed out in the toilet is etched in my consciousness. I mean what would Star Wars be without the 2 hour line?

Fortunately cocktail music followers are very well mannered, must be the gin.

T

On 2004-07-20 10:17, Geeky Tiki wrote:
I went to two dead shows in my life.

I only went to the second one to make sure the first one was as bad as I thought.

I once saw Dylan and the Dead together. It was without a doubt the worst show I ever saw.

Speaking of yelling out songs, I recently heard a recording of Ray Charles' response to someone in the audience yelling out a song request. I can't quote it verbatim, but he basically said don't yell songs out at me, I don't take orders from anyone!

The loud talkers really bug me too. Especially when they stand real close to the stage. Go to the back if you want to talk!

Man, it's so nice to bash the hippies!!!!!!!!

I am glad I am not the only one who can't stand those self-satisfied little snots!!!!!

I am glad that more then a few people find them to be irritating, annoying and just plain stupid...

I really liked the comment about hippies having no rythem in thier dumb little drum circles!!!! it's so true!!!

In Berkeley, they have a drum circle that plays near the bartstation also near the college....the most god-awful noise I have ever heard!!!

These people don't take the time to study and appreciate anything at all....they just buy a 400 dollar djembe and now think they are really cool....they have this fake look of "spritual bliss" on thier faces, as they pound away...mindlessly, endlessly!!!!

They don't understand what Zakir Hussein, or any of the other great percussionists are really about: Learning, listening, practicing, studying and having RESPECT for ethnic music and the people who invented modern percussion like Tito Puente and others.....it's more then just buying a 400 dollar djembe, and "getting into the groove"

And to answer Mr McDougal...dude, we bash hippies around here because hippies stand opposite to most of the values we tiki people hold dear...it's 180 degrees the other way from what people like me enjoy....that's what McDougal can't seem to figure out!!!! He thinks there is a tie- in between tiki and hippy because both respect mysticism and the enviromment, and the laid back attitude....

Mc Dougal, at one time there may have been a few slight similarities, but the hippies of today are not your parent's hippies!

And before you get your birkenstocks in a knit, I was raised a hippie, by hippie parents....I know what I am talking about!!!!!

Hippies, for the most part, are fake, fake fake!!! They are like Eminem..the otherman ripping off the brotherman!!!! Poseurs and spoiled rich kids!!!

Just because some WASP offspring listens to hip hop, or wears baggy clothing, it does not make him really "ghetto" at all...he's copying..and so are you hippies!!! How many of you have actually read the beat poets, or people like Camus who came before??

Mick, Mick, Mick,

Lighten up my brotha!

First of all, there are no more hippies (or punks), only those that play dress up as them.

Wow, that was a lot of apostrophes..

I would like to add-in the category of oblivious dancers.. be that jivers or "mosher" types depending on the show..
I like dancing as much as the next girl, but when khaki sporting, sneaker wearing usually SOBER yuppies come to rockabilly shows and start doing ARIEL MANOUVERS in a bar that has a full dance floor and is only 15 square feet.. I am not amused. People do not like getting kicked in the head by little @(*#^#'s who don't even have the decency to apologise afterwards. These same people often show a blatant inability to acknowledge their peripheral vision, and often throw their partners into other couples that are dancing..

The "mosher" types also like throwing their stinky, sweaty bodies into the surrounding crowd who gathers by the stage to watch the band, I've even had people stop and spit on me. He was so 'punk' it bleewwwww my mind. I have since given up standing on the dance floor for these shows, I'll squint by the bar thanks.

T

I hate the chair dancers. The people who stand in front of you in the front row balcony seats and have to dance through every song - slow, fast whatever. They don't notice that no one else is dancing in the balcony. They don't care. And, worst of all, they dance badly. They almost look like they dont want to be dancing but are sopmehow unable to stop themselves.

People, if you want to dance, get floor tickets, get in an aisle, or sit the hell down!

J

On 2004-07-20 12:13, tiki mick wrote:
And before you get your birkenstocks in a knit...

Is there no end to this irrational prejudice against the world's most comfortable shoe? :)

On 2004-07-20 12:13, tiki mick wrote:
Man, it's so nice to bash the hippies!!!!!!!!

I am glad I am not the only one who can't stand those self-satisfied little snots!!!!!

I am glad that more then a few people find them to be irritating, annoying and just plain stupid...

I really liked the comment about hippies having no rythem in thier dumb little drum circles!!!! it's so true!!!

In Berkeley, they have a drum circle that plays near the bartstation also near the college....the most god-awful noise I have ever heard!!!

These people don't take the time to study and appreciate anything at all....they just buy a 400 dollar djembe and now think they are really cool....they have this fake look of "spritual bliss" on thier faces, as they pound away...mindlessly, endlessly!!!!

They don't understand what Zakir Hussein, or any of the other great percussionists are really about: Learning, listening, practicing, studying and having RESPECT for ethnic music and the people who invented modern percussion like Tito Puente and others.....it's more then just buying a 400 dollar djembe, and "getting into the groove"

And to answer Mr McDougal...dude, we bash hippies around here because hippies stand opposite to most of the values we tiki people hold dear...it's 180 degrees the other way from what people like me enjoy....that's what McDougal can't seem to figure out!!!! He thinks there is a tie- in between tiki and hippy because both respect mysticism and the enviromment, and the laid back attitude....

Mc Dougal, at one time there may have been a few slight similarities, but the hippies of today are not your parent's hippies!

And before you get your birkenstocks in a knit, I was raised a hippie, by hippie parents....I know what I am talking about!!!!!

Hippies, for the most part, are fake, fake fake!!! They are like Eminem..the otherman ripping off the brotherman!!!! Poseurs and spoiled rich kids!!!

Just because some WASP offspring listens to hip hop, or wears baggy clothing, it does not make him really "ghetto" at all...he's copying..and so are you hippies!!! How many of you have actually read the beat poets, or people like Camus who came before??

I find myself felling pretty intelligent (I don't know all the awnsers but I'm always learning). I don't feel "self-satisfied". I would never spend "$400" on something I can make and feel something of self-accomplishment on my ability to create something. Again why would I spend $xxx on birkenstocks when I can get a knock off brand. I'm not spoiled nor rich. I never asked for anything that was trendy (unlike my sister), I wear "baggy" jeans, not because I'm "ghetto" (personally can't stand that look) , because I feel confortable in them. I wear bowling shirts and tie-die. I wear patchwork pants and jackets. I also collect items from the 1940s - 1970's. I respect other peoples views, and other cultures beliefs, but I also respect our planet. I'm a reader of many things, I'll be honest though I don't read alot of poetry. But what I do read I do enjoy, beat and non-beat. I love to listen to jam-bands, psychedelic, blues, surf, rock, classical, swing, big band, etc.
Ienjoy the tallents of Duke Ellington, Dick Dale, Grateful Dead, 13th Floor elevators, Lightning Hopkins, Choplin, etc.

I dont think I'm a hippy of yesterday, but I try my best to live each day hoping that what I do is peaceful. I enjoy pretty much most of what you "dissed" above. I feel I have contributed alot to TC, and I enjoy every minute of it. I don't care for stereotypes, because most of them have a negative tone to them. But by liking what I like, what type of person do you think that makes me? I can tell you. Me.

8T

You know how people used to all hold up their lighters and sort of move their arms to the music? Well back in the early 80's, Mrs. 8FT was still single and went to a concert once where she saw a girls hair catch on fire by one of these lighter wavers. They figured out that she had sprayed on way too much hair spray. A bunch of girls with her had to beat her over the head until the flames went out.

On 2004-07-20 10:54, martiki wrote:
What happens to me, without fail, is that I get to a show early as hell, sit on a sidewalk for hours (which is no fun in front of the Warfield in SF I assure you), rush in to get the perfect place to watch the show on the floor...and then it turns to shit. Someone who got there 5 minutes before the headliner always pushes in front of you. And that person is always pablusized. (that's a new word meaning "big guy"). So you watch a head for two hours. I mean, I am six feet tall, but there's always some 6'5" guy who shows up at every band I like. Grrr..

As an aside, JT: the most recent show this happened at (last week) was Neil and Tim Finn. I was tempted to yell out "What does the name Split Enz really mean?!" but I showed good concert manners and refrained.

Oh My God! I wonder if it's the same tall guy follows them (or Neil at least) around the country on every tour. He's done this to me twice. It's usually toward the end of the show though. He got me last Wednesday at the Finn Brothers show in Hollywood. I was in the second row, and he shoves in front of me saying "You've been up here long enough." I'm thinking "Bloody Hell. This is the same guy who did this to me five years ago at The Roxy." It was pretty amusing to see the shock and dismay on the face of the crowd of accountants who seem to also frequent the Finn shows.

I didn't see him the following night, but he showed up at The Grove in Anaheim on Friday. Luckily, there were some very burly, yet friendly, accountants there. He didn't come near me, but if he had I would not have given up the death-grip I had on the stage.

By the way, it was originally Split Ends, but they changed it to Enz in 1974 to emphasise their New Zealand identity.

Lol, I knew I could get another rant out of you Mick, you funny!

On 2004-07-20 10:17, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Do all the crowds at jam band shows dance to a random beat that has nothing to do with the music?

Yes.

LOL.
How was the show otherwise?
I've bee on the fence about going to the one here in a few weeks.

Any Enz tunes?

On 2004-07-20 12:06, naugatiki wrote:
I mean what would Star Wars be without the 2 hour line?

It would be 2 hours of shit, instead of 2 hours of shit after a 2 hour wait.

...and this is coming from a guy who wrote, glowingly, about the original SW trilogy for a SF mag for 8 years.

On 2004-07-20 13:16, Velvet Ruby wrote:
but when khaki sporting, sneaker wearing usually SOBER yuppies come to rockabilly

If the meaning of the 'yuppie' acronym is 'young, urban, professional', is it safe to assume you're the antithesis of one, and hence an old, rural, union-laborer?

(hey, a new acronym - orulie!)

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-07-21 11:02 ]

Unkle John, with all due respect: by your self-definition, you are not really a hippie......and I mean that as a compliment! That goes for Mc Dougal too.....if either of you guys like Tiki, hopefully, it cancels out your hippiness!!!

After all, if this was 1968..your parents would be the ones drinking mai-tais in thier backyard parties with the chinese laterns and the martin denny music on the hi-fi....

You, the hippy, would be in your room trying to tune out the whole parent's scene by listening to rock music!!

I doubt the two scenes mix well at all........

and even if they do, you are more then likely an exception to my stereotype....

However, I stand by what I say about the other 98% of hippies out there....they are a stereotype because they LIVE according to a hippy code, a hippy dress code, that is. With little or no deviation....

I have lived in Berkeley before...few hippies like punk...few hippies would eat at sizzler, or go to a football game!!!

They would however, live in a co-opt called "lothlorien" and be into Wicca, tofu berry shakes and Bob Dylan....

They define themselves, just as much as we tiki people do, with our aloha shirts and funny hats!!!

I went to a few Dead Can Dance shows several years ago and discovered a new genre of fans I had never encountered before: Hippie Goths. Yep, they were wearing Birkenstocks, long hippie-like skirts and unkempt hair, but they also were wearing black and were pale with black eyeliner on. I was with my friend who wears a real corset and full Victorian regalia to these shows (reducing her waist by up to 6 inches...she does a hell of a Vampira impression) and needless to say the presence of such unkemptness at what she saw as a strictly Goth show was quite a shock to her.

Personally, I kinda miss the days when EVERYONE stood up (even if there were seats) and danced at shows with danceable music. That way you weren't really blocking anyone if you wanted to dance. (Although I always tried to get an aisle seat when I could.)

On 2004-07-21 11:01, Tiki_Bong wrote:

but when khaki sporting, sneaker wearing usually SOBER yuppies come to rockabilly

If the meaning of the 'yuppie' acronym is 'young, urban, professional', is it safe to assume you're the antithesis of one, and hence an old, rural, union-laborer?

HOLY CR*P!
People can bash hippies here but yuppies are off limits! What's the world coming to! hahaha!

But seriously folks, While I am young, I did grow up rural, I am about to be rural again, and I am certainly not a 'professional'.. very unprofessional I am.. ha ha
Whatever the 'group label' of these people, my point was they're inconsiderate. The fact that they're usually yuppies is just an amusing coincidence.

killing threads with every post..

[ Edited by: Velvet Ruby on 2004-07-21 13:46 ]

On 2004-07-21 13:44, Velvet Ruby wrote:

On 2004-07-21 11:01, Tiki_Bong wrote:

HOLY CR*P!
People can bash hippies here but yuppies are off limits! What's the world coming to! hahaha!

But seriously folks, While I am young, I did grow up rural, I am about to be rural again, and I am certainly not a 'professional'.. very unprofessional I am.. ha ha
Whatever the 'group label' of these people, my point was they're inconsiderate. The fact that they're usually yuppies is just an amusing coincidence.

Just asking a question ma'am. But down here in the So Cal, where trends start and migrate in all directions, we haven't used the term 'yuppie' since the late '80's.

Hey! Be a trend setter in your province and stop now, way ahead of the trend curve!

And by the way, we now use a term called "whizzeldoink" to refer to people we used to call "yuppies"; give it a try at your next concert outing.

waddayamean?
The 80s are SO in right now..
I'm way ahead of you

:wink:

You ARE funny Bong, don't let 'em stop you from speaking your mind.

H

The live music scene in Seattle is incredibly bizarre if you're underage, or at least it was when I was underage, I think it's improved somewhat. Seattle had this thing called the "Teen Dance Ordinance" that made it virtually impossible to see music live if you were under 21. A very small handful of clubs would occasionally jump all the hurdles to make a live show happen, but mostly you only got a chance to see live music in a park during the summer. Counterintuitively, the evening, club-based all-ages shows were actually okay (mostly kids were just tripping on acid), the daytime park shows were either fantastic or frightening. My worst experience at a park all-ages show: striking up a conversation with a 6-year-old girl, parents nowhere to be found, with a pet rabbit under one arm, drinking a beer. She was sharing her beer with her rabbit. Didn't exactly get in the way of enjoying the music, but it was pretty damned disturbing.

Quote Humuhumu:

"...striking up a conversation with a 6-year-old girl, parents nowhere to be found, with a pet rabbit under one arm, drinking a beer."

I need more info, this may have been the celebrity sighting of a lifetime!

Light blue dress, blonde hair, white rabbit, beer container had a label that read "Drink Me"????

If not, it was probably just Courtney Love's daughter.

In case you meant by that sentence that your parents were nowhere to be found and it was you holding the rabbit and drinking the beer, then Nevermind.

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-07-21 18:47 ]

D

On dancing/moshing: Bob Black once referred to folx at punk & hardcore shows as looking as though they were engaged in some kind of forced labor when they danced. In my experience, that's what most people who dance at shows look like. It's simply a matter of being considerate. The assholes of the pit who insist on bumping or elbowing non-moshers are just doing it to be annoying. And don't tell me that they're simply drunk, either. I've been exceedingly drunk on many, many occasions at shows, and I've never elbowed anyone in the face. Accidentaly.

Maybe this is just a Minneapolis thing, but I guess I get most annoyed by people at standing-up, club-type shows who plant themselves (and usually a whole crew of their poser buddies) right in the middle of some important thoroughfare. I.e. two feet in front of the door to the bathroom, right in front of the entranceway to the bar, or in any other place where there's no way to get through from one part of the club to another. And you know that they know what they're doing, because they pointedly ignore you when you're trying to get past, staring at some imaginary spot 10 inches from their faces and refusing to step aside. GRRRR! That burns me up.

I'm going to see a punk show tonight at St. Paul's venerable Turf Club, which is usually ok, although it does have a lot of potential bottlenecks.

[ Edited by: DaneTiki 2009-08-30 19:07 ]

A

your average white suburban pseudo-hipster who hides their insecurities under a mask of haughtiness

Woops, that's me. Dang, I was hoping no one noticed.

-Randy

That is very disturbing Humuhumu. I don't know if I would blame it on the "Seattle music scene". Raising a child like that is horrible and is not limited to any segment of society(Not that I think this was your point). Happens in every city in the Country every day. I have seen simular at "hippy" concerts but know it is not the music or culture that is the problem it is something far more encompasing(sp), I've seen simular more than I would like to think of on the streets of South Florida, San Francisco, Hartford ect... There is a small ugly segment of society that exist in all areas of society and when thousands of people get together in one small spot a group of leaches will always follow creating problems, I would not blame this on any one group at all. I do know that the people I have met who love Tiki and the people I have met that are "hippy's" (or what might be called a hippy nowadays) are very cool people usually and the "ugly" element is always less when I am amongst these people. My point I guess is that when I meet someone who likes Tiki or who maybe considered a Hippy I am interested right away, it is a good start I think. I think maybe I am strange I love both modern hippy culture and Tiki and I realize it maybe my strangness that is the issue, Peace Mick.

M

On 2004-07-21 10:15, tikibars wrote:

LOL.
How was the show otherwise?
I've bee on the fence about going to the one here in a few weeks.

Any Enz tunes?

The show was great, JT. Good energy- Tim still jumps around like a lunatic, even though he looks like Jeff Bridges in Lebowski. Played about four Enz songs, I think- I got you, Six months in a leaky boat, and a few others (sorry- more of a finn bros./neil/crowded house fan and I don't know the Enz stuff real well)

You should go. They always have a great vibe - relaxed and casual on stage, but rock when they need to.

On 2004-07-21 18:34, Humuhumu wrote:
...a 6-year-old girl, parents nowhere to be found, with a pet rabbit under one arm, drinking a beer. She was sharing her beer with her rabbit...

Here's something disturbing - an artist friend of mine and his wife were sleeping in their motorhome in a parking lot on Hwy 19 in Florida near Perry. They were awakened by a knock on the door around 3 am. When he peeked out of the blinds to see who it could be, it was a boy no older than 7 with a revolver in his hand.

D

[ Edited by: DaneTiki 2009-08-30 19:06 ]

Pages: 1 42 replies