Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

FREE AAC Carving material in Huntington Beach!!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

I recently posted a string re: Trading some AAC Blocks for some seasoned Palm material.

To check it out go to:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9840&forum=7&9

This post is called "Looking to trade some tiki carving material", and will give you all of the info on AAC Blocks, how it carves, what it looks like, etc....

Also check out the links in this string to "Gavtiki's" awesome AAC tikis.

I bought a pallete of this material a couple of years back, and split it 50/50 with my friend Erin, who lives in Huntington Beach, CA. Her art took her in a different direction, and she never used much of it. To make a long story short, her condo is now in escrow, she's moving into a new place, and the blocks aren't going with her.

So, for all of you who have seen this material used on tikis posted on TC, this is your chance. You've got (2) weeks to go get these blocks, or they will wind up in the dumpster, which would be a shame, because it carves up soooooo nice!

If you are interested in picking up these blocks, please PM me and I'll give you her contact info.

Mahalo,

Aaron

B

WOW I acnt believe you don't have 100 posts clogging everything up just to get a piece of this stuff. If I were over there on the other side of the world I would have piched up the whole pallet by now. Come on guys,??

I wish you could get your hands on some of this stuff - you could work wonders with it.

I just traded some Palm for this stuff - it carves REAL easy, no need for a mallet (almost). I can't wait to seriously work with it.

THanks for posting this, Aaron, and for being such a great host to my fiancee and myself. Check your PM brother!

Okay, got the PM's figured out! I received four requests for the blocks, and I answered/ forwarded all of them.

Good luck fellow tiki heads! Just make sure to post your creations on TC so we can all see 'em!

Mahalo,

Aaron

I'd love to try this stuff out. is it just too heavy to send even a small sample do you think? I could pay shipping and carve you a Tiki pendant if you think it a reasonable possibility.

B

Yeah, I would love a piece also. How heavy is it and what size is the blocks and , and ,and
I found out they have a plant here in Florida around Plant City I think

Benzart and McDougall,

Sorry, I'm getting low on my supply, and I think it wouldn't make sense to try to ship the blocks.

But...you gave me a great idea. Check out this new posting that I made re: AAC Blocks.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10055&forum=7

This should get you started if you are interested enough to pursue this material further.

Good luck,

Aaron

McDougall,

Just a follow-up - Go to the link in my message above, then scroll down. You will find a MFR of AAC who is willing to send you a free sample.

Aaron

Pages: 1 7 replies