Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki / Witco questions-Keigs, Bigbro, anyone?

Post #34917 by laney on Mon, May 19, 2003 5:52 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.
L
laney posted on Mon, May 19, 2003 5:52 PM

The challenge...Here are some Witco (?) piece I need info on.
First are the Hawaiian Islands I talked about after my Birthday in this thread

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2184&forum=5

As you can see there is a lot of detal. These came with hangers on the back to hang seperately but I mounted them on burlap (and plan on adding some modern paint touches to the blue). The blue color is most like the first picture. The canvas wasn't big enough to space them out correctly but a larger on wouldn't fit the area. I am missing the two smaller islands and have e-mailed Keigs about making them for me. I believe these to be Witco pieces (even though Sven dosen't) They remind me of the globe art pieces by Witco.

Next is a set of heads. These have a large hole at the top and hangers on the backs. I just put them on heavy rope and they hang above my fireplace. I got these as part of my first bar set from the same shop the Hawaiian Islands came from later. Were they part of a lamp? Were they meant to be strung?

I know what these are but thought I'd share some pics anyway. Check out the orange wall color. I LOVE it. The firedancer pieces are, and always have been, my favorite. You can't see all the guys on the lamp but there are 5 different dancers. Were there any others or just the lamp and art piece?

If anyone has these items pictured in a catalog, I'd pay for color copies (just for my personal use and documentation) Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Laney

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-05-19 17:53 ]