Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts / Tiki Diablo carves for OA !

Post #56310 by Tiki Diablo on Wed, Oct 22, 2003 2:05 PM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

A tiki I carved for the Forbidden Island (8" tall)

A cook I carved up for Oasis

A shrunken head shadow box with changing color LED lights illuminating it. Did this a couple of months back. Not sure if I shared it with y'all.

Here is a place I just finished up in Vegas. Fremont and Vegas blvd called Mickie Finnz and is next to Henneseys Tavern. This place is not traditional Tiki, but is more socal surf theme. The big schindig is next thursday March 23rd. I had a good time on this project and am totally wiped out with the hours worked.

Did more finishing details here and there that aren't pictured.

A lil tiki I carved a while back I guess it is about time I show some of my work to get the new folks familiar with my stuff.

some lights I made for a new place opening up in Redondo next to Hennessey's . I am doing a ew things for them and will keep y;all posted as I wrap it up.

all finished up.

So sometimes you have to carve a tiki that you are not so excited about. The client picks a style of tiki that is not one that particularly "calls" to you. I was asked to carve a tiki with some of the flavor like the horse-face one BOT pg 109. I mixed this with my own eye and came out with this. It is out of my usual style, but I like it now. Oh it is OVER 9.5 FEET TALL! Point Break tiki is almost done. PCH in Redondo Beach. I'll post more pics as I progress, but it'll be done for a monday delivery.

oh, here is a new shiftknob I am doing as well.

Y'all didn't know I can sew, well I can so there! This is a buddies car that I helped out with on the interior design and construction. He did everything else from scratch! Cool huh? Ivan used to work for Monster Garage for a few years, and now does cars full-time.

these two go together now.

I have her till next week.

gave this one to the folks at OA

these guys belong to the TikiPugs.

Can Miles paint or what? Thanks for letting me be a part of the Tiki Ti history.

Some early carvings. This one was my first palm-wood done with all powertools(chainsaw and grinder)

Pine tiki with tung oil finish, also powertools. This had a queen palm base and was done for The Brown Pelican in SB.

Hardwood moai and yes, powertools too.

First tiki I broke the new chisels out for. I think this heavy-ass 4ft tiki was eucalytus wood.

T.O. in the house! Bongo Fury time.

5ft of tiki "gumbo"
4ftmarq

casa de changito's tiki

me and Ben crossed paths on this job
Randy and Naomi's wedding Bob
6ft tiki. Making a mug from this design

marquesan drum coffee table

4ft tiki w/3D luau carving on the base. wasn't ready to sell this one.

Carved and hollowed out from a single huge palm. The World's Largest Tiki Mug. approx. 50 gallon capacity!

TikiBongsta's 4 footer

a few more hours put into detail after this photo. lives in SFO now.

some of my tiki/mod lamps

And for my masterpiece. A life-sized carving of joSH AGle! Notice the detail and use of color. Coors light can is also hand-carved.

this is an outdoor bar I make. Decorated with surfboard stringer-look top.

First played with the tropi/mod look for Oasis III. Orange stained birch and bamboo for that SHAG look. I emulated that effect that he does on the backgrond of his paintings on the front and sides of the bar.
Wangi bamboo was used to break up all that orange, and it looks SHAG-ish to me, so...

I've been vibing the tropical/modern look. This is what came out of the oven. I used a fine weave lauhala covering for the top.

"maori spiral" style bar

This bar back was made to hold that animated evil-looking tikiroom thing/art piece.

I'll stick to carving, but you have to at least try.

Restroom signs( wahine is from BOT)

Judd"your bud" aka "Weird Uncle Tiki" acquired this from his grandmother with questionable tactics.

Futura Girl owns this one. I raffled it off one night at the Lava Lounge, she told me she wanted it before the raffle, and as luck would have it, SHE WON! We kinda came up with the idea of doing a show together in the future since our paintings are inspired by matchbook art.

Thanks for looking TC peeps.

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-05-18 09:59 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-05-18 10:02 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2007-03-19 20:26 ]