Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Bartering Club

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hey folks I think something fun to do on Tiki Central is TRADE OUR STUFF! Mugs, tikis, rattan furniture, stuffed parrots (?!) - absolutely any and everything Tiki... We could do it on this thread or Hanford could start up a new section of the site (preferable) - I see it working like this: Inside this forum, a member posts something they want to part with... its details and picture(s) and solicits offers for trade.. then take their pick from the people who replied to their thread... the person could also of course specify something they are looking for in particular in return... A goal of "Tiki Central Trading Market" would be for no money to change hands, just a continual flow of TIKI STUFF and the GOOD VIBES that go along with it... traveling across the country and across the world to make new owners happy....

K

Well let me go ahead and start what I'm trying to get started... I don't have any pictures of any objects I'd like to trade with me, but I do have something I can adequately describe: a shorty sexy domain name. I had been planning to create a directory and call it tiki.info but I doubt I'll ever get around to it (and there's already the pretty good konakai.com), maybe one of you guys could better use this snazzy address? A principle behind "Tiki Central Traders" is that everything tiki should be appreciated and is seeking the right home for its proper worship. Whether as "real and present" as a big ole carved tiki god or as ephemeral as the rights to tiki.info - everything has a place. I'll trade the name for some nifty tiki STUFF. So, if you want the internet address "tiki.info" to do with as you please, let's barter! You can post here or email me at [email protected]

If you want to make a solicitation to barter like this please go ahead and post in this thread until Hanford sets us up a top level forum!

"Trader Hanford's Marketplace".

Well heyyy, my electric tiki torches haven't exaclty been selling like hot cakes, but maybe they'd be good barter fodder! Have a look at

http://www.geocities.com/maxton1/Torch_Home.html

and let me know what you think might be worth a trade. I'll make you up a special torch for the right cool tiki thing...

F

a big part of that is probably because your website is all messed up- the layers are overlapping each other and making a big mess

S

Looks fine in my browser...

:tiki:

scroll down to the bottom and try to enter.

S

That's what I did. Looks fine on both my home and work PC. What browser are you using?

Looks fine on my browser too.

Pages: 1 8 replies