Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

What is a Scorpion and why amI buzzed?

Pages: 1 2 replies

J

I am very heavy and normaly 2 drinks doesn't effect me at all.

Today I went to a bar that used to be Tiki Themed until it was remodled a few years ago. Now they have Sushi and Thai food along with Chinese classics, but they drinks are still as Tiki as there were back in the day. They even still have the Vocano bowls for Scorpions.

My wife and I went before work for a Snack she had a Mai Tai and I had a Scorpion (not the Bowl just a normal one) we ate some Sushi and she had another Mai Tai, than when she had her third I had my 2nd (Scorpion).

I went to Dunkin Donuts and got a Large Iced Latte with and Extra shot of Espresso, and layed down for an hour before work. It's been over 4 hours, I'm at work and and still feel a little buzzed, WHY???????

Looked like 2 kinds of Rum and some fruit juice, I'm sure I could have had that much Rum strait without feeling this buzzed.

I'm going to have to get a BAC tester, and see if it's the booze or maybe I'm just tired.

P

Since you asked.

From the Trader Vic book of Food and Drink (paraphrased):

1.5 bottles of amber rum
half bottle white wine
8 oz orange juice
16 oz lemon juice (yes - fresh)
2 oz gin
2 oz brandy
8 oz orgeat
fresh mint

float a gardenia blossom in it

Enjoy - it's my personal favorite of all tropical drinks.

Well - there is the Demerara Dry Float.... and ummm Navy Grog.... and well, Beachbum's Own is pretty good - and oh yeah the Test Pilot.

Grog Log has a pretty good version of a Scorpion in it but the TV one is by far the most tart and delicious.

Dear Jay,

I often pass through New Hampshire and am wondering where the restaurant in question is located? Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 replies