Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tiki drawing/travel bar

Pages: 1 10 replies

K

Just thought I would show off my wife's old travel bar that her Grampa revived with a great little tiki drawing.

THANKS!

I have a thing for travel bars, and this is really the first one I've seen with a tiki theme. Nice going!

And what a nice grandpa!

hey -- if it's not too much trouble, can we have an interior shot ... ?

Mrs. Satan's Sin refuses even the kindest of cocktail suggestions.

[ Edited by: Satan's Sin on 2004-07-27 21:14 ]

Very cool.

I would think that it must be nice to have other artist in the family. No one in my family is artistic.

Here's a couple of travle bars I painted.

H

Nice! Westenhaver rides again! It's very interesting to see him do something in a completely different style than we're used to seeing, both in that it's an illustration, and a straight-up Ku. I've always loved the illustration of his in the BOT (p. 252). Cool bar! Does he have any more sketches lying around that he wouldn't mind if you put up here?

On 2004-07-28 07:40, FLOUNDERart wrote:

I wonder if the Bali Hai will do a Flaming Mr. Bali Hai? I'll have to ask...

Those are great, Flounder! How many tiki mugs can you fit in that thing?

On 2004-07-29 13:46, Aaron wrote:
Those are great, Flounder! How many tiki mugs can you fit in that thing?

They are not really made for holding mugs. Here's a pic of what most of them look like inside. They usually hold three bottles.

I picked up an old travel bar with the specific idea of either attempting to do something myself, or having Flounder paint a flaming mug on it, since the one's I've seen are just wayyy too cool. I was thinking of bringing some booze to the Hukilau in it.
Thanks for posting the pics!

K

Ss- the inside is about the same as the one flounder showed. My wife wants to redo it with leopard skin fabric. Flounder great stuff as usual. Humuhumu here is one of my favorites. Bill painted this one in 1969. It hangs in our living room. I like to see how many breasts I can count.

keigs20

My wife wants to redo it with leopard skin fabric.

An excellent idea! May I suggest --

PURPLE leopard skin?

Then you can call your case "the Purple Monkey."

And the rest of us shall bow down low!

I'm not big into cubist abstract Picasso kind of paintings but I must say that I really dig that painting of Bill's.

Pages: 1 10 replies