Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Japanese Tiki Mugs

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Yo beee-atches, here be me and the husband at Tiki Tiki Yokohama. This is where we went to get our snack on just hours after we got married! They are the home of the famous tittie mug - I am curious, how many of you have this mug, and how rare is it? They don't sell it - i had to bargain and pay dearly to get 2 of them...

We went to both locations - one in Shinjuku and one in Yokohama. Yokohama is far superior, but if you can get to any one, you are still in for a treat!

O
ooga posted on Sat, Sep 7, 2002 11:14 AM

you are lucky then- I've only seen it once, and that was a picture!

Hey tikifish,
Sweet, I was just gonna ask you for the address to tiki tiki in yokohama, but I thought Id do a search first. Your site came up #1 with all the info.
Me and my fiance are going to japan this coming month for 3 weeks(business and meeting the parents). Will be in tokyo for a week and a half and was wanting to go there along with the aquarium in yokohama too.
Thanks for putting the info on your site.
Hopefully I can finagle my way out with some of those tittie mugs too.

-stuckie

T

Don't forget to go to TikiTiki Shinjuku as well and Trader Vic's in the New Otani Hotel. I don't have any of that info up on the site yet (been more than a little busy) but I will. Tiki Tiki Shinjuku is very near the Shinjuku station. If you haven't found their company website I will try to find it and post it... I also have more info on their luau parties still tucked away in my bag of souvenirs which I haven't unpacked!

You also may want to see if the Enchanted Tiki Room at Tokyo Disneyland is any fun, though I never went....

T

http://hawaii-tikitiki.sgn.ne.jp/shop/yokohama.html

Here's the site. "Momona" is the name of the Yokohama location.

If you ask nicely they will show you all the secret rooms not usually open to the pubic (party rooms, etc.)

I paid 1500 yen each for my mugs on top of the price of the drink. That was 2 years ago. I didn't even ask this time though. I figuired I had my 2 and was happy with them!

Thanks for all the info, I am sure to have a good trip. Ive got a good connection in ebisu whom probably knows all the tiki spots already but I want to be prepared.

Thanks again
-stuckie

Pages: 1 5 replies