Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

reef tiki bar - update november 2004

Pages: 1 3 replies

C

Aloha!

It's time for us to move forward with the operation, marketing, and promotion of The REEF, at the Caliente tropics Resort.

We currently have two, part-time staff members who "operate" the bar on Fridays, Saturdays, and some Sundays. Here's the direction we're heading:

Thursday evenings
Friday evenings
Saturday late morning, afternoon, evenings
Sunday late morning, afternoon, evenings
Monday evenings
Special Events
Meetings and Receptions

General responsibilities:
Open / Close
Staffing
Scheduling
Payroll
Ordering
Maintain Inventory Controls
Develop Standards and Training
Develop & Assist w/Promotion and Marketing
Financial Reporting

The REEF is a very sellable product at this point. Completely refurbished, new sound system, infamous local history, poolside, restaurant-adjacent. Indoor and outdoor seating.

It suffers from a lack of consistent attention, primarily because we are not food and beverage operators. I have some experience, but not the time to take-on a new-business learning curve as the hotel still requires virtually every hour of my day. This is not going to change until the business has and/or can afford a dedicated, PROFESSIONAL, assistant manager.

That said, if not a professional operator, a full-time assistant manager with some food and beverage management background could be ideal. He or she would work both sides of the operation (rooms and beverage).

A professional operator would probably take a percentage cut after acheiving a base monthly revenue figure.

On a very positive note, we have a tight relationship with a very goal-oriented Public Relations firm that currently works on retainer, and is always available.

We've tried this before on T.C. and got some decent responses. However, WE were not ready to jump into the pool.

Mahalo!

PLEASE CONTACT BY EMAIL:
Casey Jones, Island Manager
Caliente tropics Resort
411 East Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264-8805
[email protected]

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2004-08-12 17:56 ]

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2004-11-17 19:11 ]

B

Tiki-Toa, you reading this???

T

On 2004-08-12 19:27, Benzart wrote:
Tiki-Toa, you reading this???

I did mahalo Ben and others for thinking of me for this opportunity.

Casey I sent stuff for you to look at, hope you received it okay.

Aloha!

I wanted to give everyone concerned an update on The REEF. We have held back from moving forward because of La Casita Restaurant. They have indicated to us they want to change the terms of our agreement which has prevented us from making any committments relative to the operation of The REEF. For now, we remain in limbo...

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2004-11-17 19:12 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies