Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Art Now show in S.F.

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

On 2004-09-19 20:49, aquarj wrote:
Munktiki's gold tiki bowl with fur.

This piece reminded me of Meret Oppenheim's Surrealist fur-covered teacup (1936).

V

So, did my friend Cyril of the ukulele club de Paris played somthing at the opening ??

I had a great, hot and sweaty time there. Did anyone get a photo of the guerilla art? --no, not something Mig did--i din't say GORILLA!! I expected to stay any hour at the max, but I was having so much fun chatting with every one that I stayed until just after 11 pm!!!

On 2004-09-18 12:20, martiki wrote:
KRON4 must be stopped!

They just had a bartender on at the Art Show to show people how to make tropical drinks. I mean this bartender has a published book for god's sake, and he comes out to make a Hurricane and a Mai Tai. To his credit, he was using some superb rums, but the Mai Tai was orange juice, grenadine, pineapple juice, Amaretto, and white and dark rum. ugh!

I mean Frank, C'Al and Otto were tight there: why didn't someone tackle the bartender and stop the madness. I'm sure it was out of their hands.

I love this: the host asks the bartender where he gets his paper umbrellas and he says "Sur La Table." Har! Sure- 20 bucks each.

rant over.

mr. pineapple tikibot is correct, we love cesar, but it's a tapas restaurant! They couldn't get a Vic's bartender out of bed on a Saturday morning? jeez, do some research, TV guy.

As for the TV hag, I wonder, and no offense to anyone, but do you think she has a guy nailed to a cross hanging anywhere in her house? Who would want THAT in their house...For a place as culturally diverse as the Bay Area, we sure do have some close minded people on TV at 8 am Saturday morning? We were watching with little Vander, and we thought, this kid has NEVER been in a house without 30 tiki mugs, he'd go over to her house and think it was odd...

Great job Otto and Doe, and the shooting Gallery (nicest gallery owner, EVER) and all the artists! We had a blast both days!

B
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.