Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My first Moai.

Pages: 1 6 replies

I finished this baby Moai today. It's my first moai but definitely not the last one. I really like the style what Rapa Nuis used.
This one I carved is very small, but I next I am trying bigger one. I used birch tree, and it was pretty hard.
I used two chisels and a hammer:)

http://www.freewebs.com/tiki-scandinavia/

B

Hey Tiki-Finland, Way to go for your first. Very goo and yet ANOTHER First carving that looks like a pro. How many is that now. You guys are showing some incredible First tikis and Tiki Fin, yours is right up there. AND you took pictures ,,Great job

Very cool, Tiki-Finland. I tried to post up your picture here with code – hope it works. Keep posting.

very nice!! in the frame, with that background, it looks so very danish modern. definitely very swank! smooth lines. i like that very much!

every one of you carvers amaze me. especially when the post starts "this is my first tiki"...

I'm very impressed, AA. I've only created one tiki so far, also a moai, and I recieved a similar welcome. Everyone here is very accepting. Welcome aboard!

Thanks, Finkdaddy. I'd be flattered, but these are Tiki-Finland's, not mine. I just took his link & added the code so they'd appear here at TC without going to the separate wesbite :)

On 2004-08-23 14:03, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Thanks, Finkdaddy. I'd be flattered, but these are Tiki-Finland's, not mine. I just took his link & added the code so they'd appear here at TC without going to the separate wesbite :)

Oops!! When I was looking for his name I just scrolled up till I saw one.

Nice work Tiki-Finland!
(and you too Aaron. I can't find AAC block anywhere in the midwest!)

Pages: 1 6 replies