Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Everyone's getting FREE iPods!

Pages: 1 2 77 replies

[This was merged with the iPod Photo topic]

I recently read an article on Wired.com about a website called freeipods.com. The article talked about how no one believes the website will actually work -- it sounds like a scam. And in fact I had seen and ignored freeipods.com banner ads on other websites.

Well anyway, the Wired.com article explained how the website works, and how big companies are finding that spending millions on free ipods is far more effective than spending millions on tv ads that no one watches. And they talked with many people who had gotten their free ipods from the site. The site is legit and used by a lot of A-list companies to get their offers out there. And wired.com is a pretty trusted news site.

Anyway, I figured I'd sign up for it. Turns out, you have to give them your mailing address, an email address, you have to sign up for a FREE offer for another company (I chose blockbuster video) and then you need to get five other people to sign up as well.

I know, it sounds like a pyramid scam. But read the Wired.com article if you're worried.

So, if you follow the link below to the free ipod website and sign up, you'll help me get my five people. Send me an email if you do, I thank you kindly ... once I've gotten my 5 people signed up I'll remove my link and others can post their reference links ... hopefully we'll get a bunch of free ipods for a bunch of Tiki Central members.

Okay, back to stuffing Shag prints into envelopes ....

Mahalo,

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-08-30 12:07 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-08-31 18:28 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-09-06 15:13 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-01-26 01:18 ]

T

I signed up using Hanford's referral. Here's my referral page, but don't use it until Hanford gets his 5 referrals first!

I got my 5 at last. Thanks to all who signed up with my referral!

[ Edited by: thejab on 2004-09-04 10:15 ]

B

[ Edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:16 ]

Here goes nothin'...

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8477825

BTW, I linked thru Hanford

-Z

[ Edited by: feelin' zombified on 2004-08-30 13:55 ]

Okay, against my better judgement :wink:

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8479263

once Hanford and those above have gotten theirs.

I linked to Hanford.

[ Edited by: LAWebChick on 2004-08-30 13:47 ]

S

Me too! Me too!

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8469859

please PM me when you sign up.

Thanks

What the hell is an ipod?
Sounds like a freakin' space alien.

Here's my link, please click on it after everyone else has a shot.

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8481973

-g-

Assuming that everyone here with a link listed has signed up, shouldn't new people count 5 and then go to the next person? I'm just saying that because it can take days or weeks to be completely verified and at the end of it, Hanford, for example might have 20 referrals, but only needs 5.

just my 2 pods

-Z

Let me know if any of you get free ipods. I just got a TON of spam from it. (I used a test yahoo account)

Like 28 pieces of junk email a day later, and about 5 pieces every day since.

It's a massive spamming scheme, so now that they got your home mailing address, you might have sold your privacy for a damn ipod (which I doubt you will get)

you were signing up for a CHANCE to get a free ipod.

I wish you well. May EdMcmahon show up at your door with the winning check!

In the interest of efficiency, maybe we should mention who we linked to so as not to duplicate efforts.

I linked to Hanford.

Also when we get a pm from a member who linked to us perhaps we should go back and use the edit function to add their name to our original post. That way we would know when each person reaches their 5 and we don't waste a subscription to one of the offers. Agreed?

[ Edited by: spy-tiki on 2004-08-30 11:07 ]

T

I used my yahoo.com email address so I don't get more spam in my regular mailbox (I already get 300-500 a day in that one!).

Hanford, did you get your 5 yet?

T

I checked the status of mine and I have one referral so far - thank you!.

The BMG music club is a pretty good deal. You get 7 free CDs when you sign up. They charge you about $20 shipping for the 7. Then you only have to buy one CD at the regular price ($15-17 plus shipping) and you get 4 more for free (plus shipping), at which time you can cancel. I figure you get 12 CDs for about $50 total.

Well, I think Handford got his 5 referals. I linked to The Jab: http://www.freeipods.com/[email protected]
I've been WANTING and ipod for SO LONG!!!!

S

I went for BMG as well. Pretty mainstream selection. Not one Martin Denny disc, but they did have Blue Hawaii! I think I'll just ebay whatever else I get.

OK,
I will try to keep track of the ipod referalls:

A = hanford_lemoore
Has all 5 Referals
Received his Ipod!

B = thejab
Has all 5 Referals

C = BaronV
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8473885

D = Feelin' Zombified
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8477825

1. Eno1
  2. Bodie

E = LAWebChick
Has all 5 Referals

F = spy-tiki
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8469859

G = liabungalo
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8481973

H = Tikibelle
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8490554
1.Benzart
2. Terri

I = Benzart
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8494105

J = Mano Tiki Tia
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8485939

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.·:* .·*·. :·.
.·:¨¨`:·.
·. .·* .·:´¨¨:·.
.·:* /. ·*· . *:·.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-08-30 14:16 ]

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-08-30 20:37 ]

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-08-31 07:56 ]

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-09-05 10:18 ]

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-09-06 10:13 ]

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-09-22 12:25 ]

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-11-01 11:35 ]

T

On 2004-08-30 13:51, spy-tiki wrote:
I went for BMG as well. Pretty mainstream selection. Not one Martin Denny disc, but they did have Blue Hawaii! I think I'll just ebay whatever else I get.

True, not much for me in rock or lounge either, but I found quite a few classic jazz albums I don't have.

T

I have 2 now, but I don't know who they are because all that shows on my Status page is their email address, and I don't want to post those here.

B

OK, Heres my link, goin for broke
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8494105
Thanks Hanford.

BTW, you can forward your own reference link on to your non-Tiki Central friends too if you don't want to wait until others have their five referrals. I recommend this actually ...

Hanford

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2004 4:52 PM

On 2004-08-30 14:03, thejab wrote:
I have 2 now, but I don't know who they are because all that shows on my Status page is their email address, and I don't want to post those here.

One of those might be me. My email's down below there if you want to check. I saw that at least five had replied that they linked to Hanford so I went to your referral link. I went through it and when it got to the part where you sign up for a trial service, everything I clicked on said "Service Unavailable." I was on my lunch break and had to go back to work. After reading about all the spam and plus what do I need an i-pod for? I decided not to confirm my email addy and not to follow through. So...make sure the jab gets six because I don't know if mine's gonna count.

I really don't have a use for an i-pod and don't need the hassle now that I think about it. Now if they were giving away free booze...

T

On 2004-08-30 16:52, Kono wrote:

One of those might be me. My email's down below there if you want to check.

Yep, one was yours (Tikibelle please remove the Unknown person from my list). Thanks for letting me know. I totally understand not wanting spam, but I already get so much I don't really care if I get some more.

Kono, please go to the Help/FAQ at iPod.com and you can find a link to contact them using a form, where you can cancel your account completely so it will free up one of my referrals. Mahalo.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2004 5:30 PM

On 2004-08-30 17:22, thejab wrote:
Kono, please go to the Help/FAQ at iPod.com and you can find a link to contact them using a form, where you can cancel your account completely so it will free up one of my referrals. Mahalo.

I'm not seeing the link. Where is it??

T

On 2004-08-30 17:30, Kono wrote:

I'm not seeing the link. Where is it??

http://www.freeipods.com/CustomerService.aspx

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2004 6:10 PM

Aaah, I'm just doing the damn thing. The BMG site is sure sloooowwww.

So far...Getz/Gilberto, Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters, Coltrane...

T

On 2004-08-30 18:10, Kono wrote:
Aaah, I'm just doing the damn thing. The BMG site is sure sloooowwww.

So far...Getz/Gilberto, Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters, Coltrane...

Shoot, I didn't see the Slack Key album! The Getz/Gilberto album is great. I ordered Cannonball Adderly, Art Blakey, Count Basie w/Joe Williams, Coltrane. I barely got through the letter "C" before I had picked 7.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2004 7:06 PM

...and "The Essential Cheap Trick" and "Johnny Cash - 16 Biggest Hits."

Done!

Here's where you wanna go to get Kono an i-pod after the others etc etc:

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8483116

Bookmark it and send it to your friends!

@thejab: the Hawaiian Slack Key CDs are under Various - World Music, there's two of them. You've still got to buy one and get four more freebies so there ya go.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 30, 2004 7:17 PM

On 2004-08-30 18:34, thejab wrote:

Shoot, I didn't see the Slack Key album! The Getz/Gilberto album is great. I ordered Cannonball Adderly, Art Blakey, Count Basie w/Joe Williams, Coltrane. I barely got through the letter "C" before I had picked 7.

I should've probably just stocked up on jazz but I wanted to get a mix. I was really hoping they'd have Adderley's Zodiac album (frickin' unreal!) and Coltrane's "Om" and Mingus' "Black Saint..." and some Sun Ra and/or Albert Ayler but twas not meant to be.

Still I got some great music and hopefully an i-pod?!

T

Man I will have to get in on this! I have been in drool mode over da ipods forever.

I am trying to keep track of the ipod thing, but I will have no idea whose referal you used unless you post it. So, please post whose referal link you clicked, so that we can get as many people ipods as possible.

Also, if you take Hanford's suggestion and send it to your other friends, please let me know if they sign up as one of your referals. Keep checking your own referal page.

I will update the list in this thread a few times a day to keep up on it. As soon as you have 5 referals I will change your list to say "Has all 5 referals"
Thanks again guys. I hope this works!

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.·:* .·*·. :·.
.·:¨¨`:·.
·. .·* .·:´¨¨:·.
.·:* /. ·*· . *:·.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-08-31 08:01 ]

T

On 2004-08-30 10:20, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
Assuming that everyone here with a link listed has signed up, shouldn't new people count 5 and then go to the next person? I'm just saying that because it can take days or weeks to be completely verified and at the end of it, Hanford, for example might have 20 referrals, but only needs 5.

just my 2 pods

-Z

That may very well be what happened, since I still only have 2 referrals.

I got a free iPod already, mr. pineapple got me one for christmas. he liked it so damn much, he went and got a mini, and now that the 40's are cheap, he's thinking he'll get one of those.

I have to say, it's the coolest piece of technology I have, and I love it so much. I have over 4000 songs on it, and I make new playlists all the time, it's like when I was a punkrock dj and made mix tapes for all my friends, only it's WAY easier. When we went on vacation, we took them, and giggled at the guy across the aisle, fumbling around with his books of cds. OHHHH, if you like music, and have a computer, the ipod is SO your gig, hee hee, get it. gig

we also have it hooked up to our stereo in the living room, and we're packing away all the cds one of these days...

did I mention I love my iPod?

"You're the mayor of shark city, people think you want the beaches open."

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-08-31 20:00 ]

Having done some research, it seems that some of the offers take up to two weeks to confirm. I am not officially confirmed yet (I went with Columbia House - I'll take flicks over tunes any day), and may not be for a couple more days. So I can't even tell if anyone has used me as a referral or not, since I "have not completed" my requirements. I have posted my link on my site so I'm hoping that once I'm official, I'll have plenty of referrals and can bow out of the conga line in favor of those after me.

On the plus side - I do already have an iPod, so I'm torn between the mini and the music. $250 in iTunes - that's a lot of songs! Ideal for downloading songs stuck in your head that you don't own...

Tikibelle - Thanks for keeping track of everyone's stuff! Very nice of you :) I've seen other conga lines with an additional area of their lists called "Pending" for those who have referrals who signed up but have not "completed" yet. I don't know if that's worth the effort or not though.

B

I linked to Tikibelle .

T

On 2004-08-31 21:03, LAWebChick wrote:
Having done some research, it seems that some of the offers take up to two weeks to confirm. I am not officially confirmed yet (I went with Columbia House - I'll take flicks over tunes any day), and may not be for a couple more days. So I can't even tell if anyone has used me as a referral or not, since I "have not completed" my requirements. I have posted my link on my site so I'm hoping that once I'm official, I'll have plenty of referrals and can bow out of the conga line in favor of those after me.

The "Check Status" page shows all your referrals who have signed up, whether or not they've completed the requirements (for example, mine shows one who has completed, and one who is signed up but has not finished). The BMG music club takes 1-2 weeks to show that the offer was completed after you sign up.

I still have Tikibelle and Kono on my list.

I'm finally confirmed - either no one who has visited my site took the bait, or you can't accrue referrals till you've been confirmed.

Hanford - do you have 5 completed signups? Or are some still pending? Can't wait to see pictures of your 'pod!

T
thejab posted on Thu, Sep 2, 2004 3:06 PM

Update: I have 4 referrals now. Only one left to go!

2 of mine are confirmed (you're one of them WebChick).

Once I get my free iPod I will for-sure let everyone here know about it! :wink:

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-09-02 15:23 ]

PS, some of the offers get completed faster than others. The "Video Professor" offer apparently counts as completed right away ...

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-09-02 15:25 ]

B

C'mon TC, I need some links to get my I-pod. I really want one and I need links. This will work..

Kind of off-topic but this thread reminded me of it:

I did a minor update to the Rio's MP3 user-interface (Rio was the world's first portable MP3 player). Apparently they are still using most of what I did. Here's a new player they've released with my design. This is about the same size as an iPod mini but it holds more and also records:

http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=267

Shoot I worked on it, you'd think I have one.

~Hanford

T

I got 5 at last - one is completed. Thanks everyone who signed up with my referral.

Hanford, please change your post to provide a link to BaronV's page.

Tikibelle, please edit you post as well so folks stop using my link.

Come on you guys, It's a FREE IPOD!!!!!!

T

Update: I just completed my offer requirements. It takes over a week for the BMG music club to complete after you sign up. I still have one completed referral and 4 uncompleted.

S
SES posted on Fri, Sep 10, 2004 2:08 PM

So has anyone received their spampod yet?
:wink:

I'm happy with my Archos Jukebox Multimedia
http://www.archos.com/

I know it seems that we've run out of TC folks willing to give this a shot, but just in case...

Referrals are picking up on mine through my site so I'm going to step out of the queue - I've got 7 so far, at least a few of those will confirm (she says, confidently) and I can leave the banner up until I get enough. Anyway, TikiBelle, you can go ahead and mark me as having all my referrals, thanks!

T

It's been 2 weeks now and I still have only one referral who's completed their offer. Are the other 4 planning on completing theirs? It's OK if you're not but please let me know so I can ask some more people to sign up.

I won't post your email addresses for obvious reasons but the first part of the addresses are: jmoefu, jerome_paris03, bartleyc, and kevchat.

Pages: 1 2 77 replies