Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's Returns to San Francisco

Pages: 1 2 3 107 replies

K
Kono posted on Mon, Jan 17, 2005 7:02 PM

On 2005-01-17 18:02, Tiki-bot wrote:
I, too, liked your rebuttal, Kono. We obviously have different perceptions of what constitutes acceptable food and service, and that's fine. :wink:

Yes, I am obviously a neandertal. :wink:

I never said they were rude. I'm sure there is a difference in the level of attentive service accorded regulars. But we always got what we wanted and felt like their attitudes were generally good, if not attentive enough for the swankiness of the place. They never time the courses well, and don't come around frequently enough for more water or drinks.

You guys must be spoiled in SF, seriously no offense. $20 entrees are just a little bit more than The Outback Restaurant. $50 entrees I expect a little something extra but for $20 entrees I don't need Heaven and Earth to shake.

At the E-ville location, I feel like we are somehow inconviencing the waitstaff when we order appetizers. I mean, they have an appetizer bar menu and every time we order something they are flustered and confused, like we're not supposed to order food from them. Perhaps it's just a language barrier.

Yikes! I don't even want to explore that.

You good folk in San Franciso come to Orlando and dine at Wai Tiki and I guarantee you'll be begging to go back to Trader Vics. Guaranteed.

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.