Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NYC Pubcrawl 9/20/02

Pages: 1 45 replies

S

Aloha, New Yorkers!

Anyone up for a NYC Pubcrawl?

Manic Cat and I have been talking about meeting at Waikiki Wally's on Friday 9/20 at 8:00 PM. From there we can go to Marion's, Zombie Hut and anything else we can do in the New York area. I will be in town all that week, so if you have any other Tiki suggestions, let me know.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

You got to check out this new under-ground place called the Tiki-Taxidermy on 4th and Broadway!!

MC

Wow! What's tiki-taxidermy like? Is it a bar? shop?
Yeah, please come out for the NYC crawl! I haven't met any other tiki lovers in town yet--how about all you New Jersey folk? let's do something fun!

Tiki-taxidermy is a bad joke that Bamboo Ben and I keep going on about! We're gonna start a business in Beverly Hills, right Ben! :wink:

But Waikiki Wally's is real and we are on for 8:00 PM on Friday. So come out and support NYC Tiki!

Anyone else who can make it, please post.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

P.S. - Hey Cat, I'm currently in New York and I don't have access to my home email account but you can post a private message here for any details and I'll grab it from here.

Count me in! It will be great to meeet some of you!

MC

Hooray!!!

MC

Hooray!!!

S

Cool!

Looking forward to meeting you inkylouise!

I previewed Waikiki Wally's last night! They have a great bar and I was pleased to see the So Cal influences of Tiki Farm mugs and the Crazy Al Tiki greeting me at the front door!

They also play exotica music and the staff is very friendly.

Should be a great time on Friday. Can't wait!

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

Did you check to see if the Tiki was Stuffed?

MC

I checked out WW last night for dinner with my boyfriend. The food was so good! I had the lobster and it was worth every dollar that i had to spend to get it. yummy. His salmon was also tasty. We split a volcano bowl of "Rum Runner" (gold rum, light rum, and kurant liquor) which was strong, but once the ice melted a bit, very tasty! It was a fun atmosphere and i am very juiced up for Friday. Hey Jersey folks--cross those bridges and tunnels and join the tiki crawl! NYC tiki lovers--show your stuff!

[ Edited by: Lance Samason 2007-07-06 15:17 ]

MC

I'm a young, 26 year old female, brown hair, 5'61/2, 150 lbs---haha, it seems like a dating service (but, sorry boys, I already have a boyfriend). I'll probably be wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt with pink pants and pink shoes! And all the leis that I can handle!! we are going to a bunch a tiki drinking establishments--so please stop by. After WW, probably to Niagara on ave a and 7th, there's a small tiki bar downstairs.

S

I'll be wearing a Shag Aloha Shirt (blue/green) and small tiki amulet around my neck.

See you tonight.

Aloha,

Arty

I dunno what I am going to wear....but, at least I'll find you guys!

we are mid-crawl at inky's tiki bar and we are having a blast! aloha from everyone in nyc!!!!

Yo! Ayyy!! Ever been to Greenwoold Lake?

WEll it's 3am and the crawl is over but it was awesome! (stentiki to post photos!) so glad to meet my tiki friends and share the bit of tiki culture that nyc has to offer!

if i can wake up tommorow am i am booking the next flight to la for the tiki farm bash!!! xoxoxooxS

Aloha!

I'm stuck at the Denver airport at the moment but just wanted to say that it was great meeting you all -- Manic Cat, Inky, and La La! Big fun in the Big Apple!

Sorry I disappeared, but by the time we got to Marion's, I was gone, man!

I barely made it to the airport and I'm still tryin' to work off this buzz! Waikiki Wally's was awesome as was the tour of Inky and Cat's home bars!

Thanks again to all for your great hospitality! I will post pics when I get home and I hope to see you Inky at the Tiki Farm Bash! You better check the loop and email Holden right away. I'm sure he'll make an exception on the deadline if you're flying all the way from New York!

Aloha and Mahalo!

Arty

MC

So you are alive, Arty! I was expecting to step over your passed out tiki drunk self this morning on Ave A. Well, I'm so happy that you caught a plane safely out of this crazy estrogen taxi-filled adventure. I have to confess--I also picked up those tiki shot glasses at the Z. Hut. They are so cute! It was a great time. Inky Suzanne, I have Russel's lighter. I'll hold unto it for him until next time? or I can mail it. Thank god for that sock monkey--I don't think I ever would have made it home alive if he hadn't pulled us out of Brooklyn and drove that cab himself over the B. Bridge and danced on the bar at Niagara and then hooked us up with those cute Italian boys and... Oh wait, did those things really happpen or was I just drinking and smoking on a Friday night? Or maybe it was just NYC Pub Crawl!
Well, thank all tiki gods for Russell (and Linda).

MC

Lance, where was your impressive New Jersey presence last night. You missed alot of crazy fun.

Did Arty sing "Twist and Shout"!!!!????

135 lives!!!

We tried to get a reanactment but it was a bit of a slur-a-long! Those drinks at Zombie Hut were out of control!

Is it my imagination or was the bar on fire!!

Thank Tiki for Russell! He was the one flagged the cab and threw my drunk ass in the taxi!

When I arrived at the Hudson, I was passed out in the backseat and the doorman had to help me out of the cab! I'm sure I was just moments away from crashing out on Avenue A!

I don't remember anything about Niagra except that I was lost the moment I walked in!

Zombie Hut was fun and I have some great pics from there that I will post once I figure out how to do that.

"The bar, the bar, the bar was on fire..."

Did we sing that night?

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

MC

no.
new yorkers are too bad-ass hard-core to sing.
Manic
(hahaha--thanks tikis for taxis and DOORMEN!)

[ Edited by: Lance Samason 2007-07-06 15:17 ]

MC

well, i guess more out-of-towners need to get in touch with us and we can do it all again.
(when I got home, my pink plastic sandals were all ripped apart and I had to throw them away the next morning. That's how i know that I had a really good night!)

Uncle Arty-

batten the hatches I am on my way...just booked my flight and draggin my LA friends w/ me! See ya there...

Ps. Russell's still waiting for photos!

S

Excellent!

Should be a "Tiki-rrific" time! I'm flyin' in from Salt Lake City on that day and I'm heading down to San Clemente straight from the airport!

Hey Cat,

Did you burn your plastic shoes while you were dancing on the flaming bar?!?

And who are these "Italian Boys" you speak of???

I need to search the website for "how to post pictures 101, but I have them safe and sound, so tell Russell to stay cool.

By the way, is Russell coming? He saved my life, you know!

Aloha,

Arty

Hey -

of course Russell is coming, who else can I trust to get me out alive!

Inky

No Italian boys--i have Ben remember.

My alcoholic state tossed my brain into a delusional state where i began typing fiction on this thread. It was make-believe, wishful thinking, in order to fable-ize/glorify Russell's extraordinary abilities as drinking buddy and crazy sock monkey. I felt that he could do just about anything I wished!

and now about finding new shoes...does Tiki farm sell tiki flip-flops. fire proof ones?

S

You got that right! Russell, the amazing sock monkey can do just about anything and he saved my drunk ass for sure!

No shoes yet from Tiki Farm but maybe Bamboo Ben can make you a pair once he opens up Tiki Taxidermy!

Aloha,

Arty

maybe someone can make stuffed animal tikis made out of sock monkey material (or socks, shall we say?) Anybody know how to sew?

Hey Arty-

When I am down there on Sat, I would love to get a disc copy of the photos from our crawl. Is that do-able? Don't worry if not.

I am hyped up to do an album on photoshop and Russell can never get enought pictures of himself, Vain little monkey!!!!

XX-Inky

MC

I'll email you my couple of pics once I develop them.
MC

S

Aloha Inky and Manic!

I finally got around to uploading our NYC Pubcrawl photos to a link. All apologies for the delay but I've been a travelin' fool lately, and I'm just getting over my Tiki Farm Bash hangover! After seeing all those amazing pics from The Bash, I knew I had to get my ass in gear and get the photos up.

Great to see you again, Inky! We missed you Cat, but hopefully I'll see you all in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully, this was worth the wait. The pics bring back fond memories of our haunts(much of which I forgot!). Thanks again for a great time!

Enjoy and Aloha!

Arty

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stentiki/lst?&.dir=/NYC+Pubcrawl

I can't open it! It says fiel in accessible.

Anyone else having issues?

Arty + Tina,

It was great to see you guys this weekend. I was so happy to have you guys as my "introducers" to help me climatize to the west coast tiki world. We had a great time at the party!

Suzanne

MC

i'm having trouble too.

S

Hmmm. I can see the link but you can't. My technical skills suck!

I will email the file to each of you and try to post them a different way.

Sorry!

Aloha,

Arty

stentiki
Its not working in italy either... weezer
:drink: so drink up my friend :roll:

[ Edited by: weezer2222 on 2002-10-01 22:56 ]

[ Edited by: weezer2222 on 2002-10-01 22:57 ]

[ Edited by: weezer2222 on 2002-10-01 22:59 ]

S

Okay, kids!

Here's the deal. Manic and Inky, rather than struggle with these damn pics, I'm gonna make a CD for you both and bring it with me to the Zombie Hut in couple of weeks.

I will be in Greenwich on Sunday, October 13, and perhaps we can meet for dinner and a couple of drinks (nothing like the NYC Pubcrawl!). You name the time. Hopefully, we can hook up then, and if not, I can always send the CD to you. Any other New York area Centralites are also more than welcome!

I'm leaving for Boston this Sunday and will be in the Northeast for 2 weeks. Inky, do you have any Tiki suggestions for the Boston area? I also need your email address.

Weezer, I will see you in Italy! :wink:

Aloha,

Arty

MC

I would love to see Zombie Hut again. I have a real patchy memory of the place. I didn't remember the fire on the bar until you posted it! my co-worker stopped by the bar the another night and says that the Mai Tais were good.

S

Manic and Inky,

I think I figured out the link!

Try this one and let me know if it works.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stentiki/lst?.dir=/NYC+Pubcrawl

Aloha,

Arty

PS - Weezer, can you see this from Italy? :wink:

YOU DID IT! We are so proud of you!
A True Techno-Primative you are....

Thanks, Inky

Can somebody please give me a list of all of the great Tiki establishments in the NYC and Long Island areas??? I would really like to go to some of them. I would appreciate addresses, phone numbers, and (if available) websites too. Thank you very much!!

MC

The photos are too funny! i am so embaressed. gosh, i look like a big dork in my glasses. Gotta remember to put contacts in for the next crawl.
The last photo is hilarious. I can't tell if the Giant squid is eating Russell or getting it on with him.

Look back in archives for New York City TIKI. I tried posting all the info. there.

stentiki--
This is so you ... Looks like it was so tikish of a time ....Nice jugs of cocktail..

see yaa, italy weeze

:lol: :tiki: :drink:

[ Edited by: weezer2222 on 2002-10-03 16:19 ]

Pages: 1 45 replies