Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How about "Disneycaching?"

Pages: 1 0 replies

Aloha,

This Geocaching stuff sounds fascinating, kind of an update of an old passtime I love - Disneycaching.

I've been Disneycaching my whole life (almost), and the two are actually quite similar.

Disneycaching works one of two ways:

First, you place a coin or small something in a hiding place in Disneyland. Be sure it's personalized - your signature done with a Sharpie of a certain color, etc.

1. Hide the item somewhere the general public can go, then when you get home, tell other people who are going to Disneyland exactly where you put it and see if they can find it.

2. Next time you go to Disneyland, see if the item is still there.

I go at yearly intervals and use pennies and dimes that I have decorated in a way that I will know it's the right object if I find it.

Been doing it for about 30 years, and only twice have I returned the next year and found my dime. However, to raise the level of difficulty, I do not keep a written record any of the item locations, so for all I know, several items maye be forlornly awaiting my return.

I have not counted burying an item on Tom Sawyer Island and then digging it up as being fair, but whatever rules you use are fine.

This year, my son will be almost seven, so I will introduce it to him.

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-09-13 11:45 ]

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-09-13 11:53 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies