Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

hukilau dvd

Pages: 1 1 replies

P

Aloha.

I've been working for a few months with Swanky and Kiliki and a couple of others here on a documentary about the Hukilau.

My crew of 3 and I will be there with 2 large cameras at the event.

The reason for this letter is that I know that some of you do NOT want to be on anyone's video in ANY regard whatsoever and we're extremely cool with that and will make sure that everyone is happy.

All you need to do is walk up to me and tell me and I'll make sure that your wishes are followed through on.
You'll be on the cover instead.

jesskiddin.

BUT - it's going to be a pretty cool documentary, I believe. First - the Hukilau is a terrific and colorful event that will write itself.

Also, I've interviewed Otto, Martiki, Swanky, Kiliki, and several others of the ohana here.

(I've done interviews with many foreign heads of state and American politicians and presidential candidates and collected incredible footage of all kinds -well - not THAT kind - in over 40 countries and though my style is quite unorthodox, it's very effective. I even got Otto to admit he hates rum... nah - not really... his interview was great and will really set things up nicely from a recent historical perspective.)

And - the Mai Kai is going to allow me to videotape their dancers. Oh my.

We'd like for the soundtrack to be mostly the ohana here on TC - with a few specials thrown in from the older days.

The premise of the DVD is pretty cool, too. The Call of The Tiki (the name of this year's Hukilau) comes from the Mai Kai dancers and performers and reaches backwards through time to call the spirit of Tiki from Polynesia to America.

There will be a very brief historical segment interspersed with some interviews and then the Hukilau happens and wraps up at the Mai Kai with the very dance that starts it off.

That's the plan anyway.

We're not sponsored in any way - just doing it as we're able to finance it and will basically give it to the ohana here at cost (roughly 2 conch shells, 4 sand dollars and some dried fish) when it is finished sometime next year.

If nothing else - it will be a nicely done remembrance of one killer party.

PM me if you have any more questions or some ideas you think we might like or any rum you'd like to donate to the endless editing sessions.

Mahalo

M

Pablus, I thought you were going to call the DVD "Tikis gone wild"!!

Pages: 1 1 replies