Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Arrrr! It be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Pages: 1 18 replies

And a Happy Talk Like a pirate day to ye all!

Give us yer favorite pirate line, or ye won't be fondling this buxom beauty ye filthy bung hole!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-09-19 13:57 ]

Happy Pirate Day Tikiwahine!

Pirates Life For Me

She's A Lively Lass

Pirate Auction

ARRRR!!!

With the appreciation of Walt Disney Studios!

Arr, Me lassy! Prerpare to be boarded!

Ahoy Me Bucko's, My little town has been letting everyone know of the special day for the last week, I am not sure who is behind all the signs, but they have done thier part to make "Talk Like a Pirate Day" known and celebrated.

And here is a site to help ya out with the lingo:
The Pirate Game: Pirate Glossary http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateTalk.html

Fair winds!

[ Edited by: HETO-TIKI on 2004-09-19 11:22 ]

i'll keelhaul yuh, ye scurvy dog!!!

i wants me dubloons!

"bones? billy bones? what ship did he sail on matey?"
"he was a pirate!
"har! har har har har!!!"

"Talk Like A Pirate Day" on a Sunday made it difficult for me to keep true to character. Especially in church when it came my time to pray:

"Arrrrrr, Dear Lord. With grovellin' and great abasement, Aaaar I beg of thee - Bouy us up on the briny depths of your deep love. And look after little Davey this week, arrrr, as he is havin' trrrouble in his P.E. class - Make him strong and salty and full o' vinegarrrr. And for dear Leslie this week - condescend to watch over her while she takes the Barrrrrr Exam, arrrr..."

You get the picture. Maybe it will be on weekday next year.

Saaarrrrbu.

Arrrrr, strike them colors and send up the jolly roger. Give another broadside. When we're done here today, thems that die 'll be the lucky ones. Arrrrr

On 2004-09-19 09:54, Tikiwahine wrote:
And a Happy Talk Like a pirate day to ye all!

Give us yer favorite pirate line, or ye won't be fondling this buxom beauty ye filthy bung hole!

Does anyone know from what the term bung hole refers? It refers to the old wooden kegs of beer/beverage whose corked hole was refered to as a bung hole. So there.

Yarrr! Good one Sabu!

Bong, we brew beer and wine from scratch, so know exactly what a bung really is, but it still sounds like an impressive insult! I giggle every time Jeff asks me for the bung.

Ya filthy bilge rat! :wink:

i can't speak now above a whisper due to serving customers in a pirate voice.

I'm a day late, but to quote "Yellow Beard" ...."Stagger Stagger...Crawl...Crawl..."

Grrr, in an attempt to work the craft of language at work on Monday...I did me best.. but it not a great show me buckos.

It must be said before I'm chained in the scullery or forced te walk the plank...that I don't belong in an office or courtroom...

The sea, she's my fickle mistress...

Hoist ye grog and shiver me timbers!
It be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

This bar is the perfect place to talk like a pirate:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16476&forum=16&vpost=260903

I be swabbing the deck with yer filthy innards, ye scabby bilge rat.

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day! Arrrrrr

Arrrrgh...I be a sippin from me Pepsi vessel an wishin it wer a kego o rum. Trapped on dry land widout so much as a view of da bay. Hapi tak lika pirate day to da rest of ya scalliwags!!!

MT

We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads.
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho!
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads.
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho!

“If it be the design of Providence to extirpate these savage [pirates] in order to make room for the cultivation of the earth, it seems not improbable that rum may be the appointed means."
-Ben Franklin

"Be gettin' the rum, wench! More rum!"
-Bongo Bungalow

Pages: 1 18 replies