Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Central Valley Calif. Mini-Crawl October 30th 2004

Pages: 1 2 91 replies

Mr. S&M iley, you will meet Marcus at Whanga Rei and I will ask him to thrash you at your request per your instructions.

M
mig posted on Wed, Oct 13, 2004 1:24 AM

Dammit! I wish I could make it. But Gorilla X is making a public appearance that night and I have to be there to make sure he doesn't get out of hand.

Hi D-hat, Kleen, Larry & Mary Lava, Chongolio, etc... Looks like I will be missing a lot of people that I totally like! BOOHOO

mig

[ Edited by: mig on 2004-10-13 01:25 ]

On 2004-10-13 01:24, mig wrote:
Dammit! I wish I could make it. But Gorilla X is making a public appearance that night and I have to be there to make sure he doesn't get out of hand.

Hi D-hat, Kleen, Larry & Mary Lava, Chongolio, etc... Looks like I will be missing a lot of people that I totally like! BOOHOO

mig

Am I part of the "etc" category or am I a person you DON'T totally like???

mig- we totally would love to have you here at this thing! next year we'll try our best to not have it on halloween weekend.

S&M iley- your pretty sensitive for a guy with S&M in his name! i'm sure mig was thinking of you specifically when he wrote "etc".

On 2004-10-14 08:16, the drunken hat wrote:
next year we'll try our best to not have it on halloween weekend.

That's "Hulaween"
Would have been great to meet ya Mig.

I tentatively booked the Days Inn on McHenry for Wendy and me too.

Too bad we couldn't all end up at the same place...sigh. But I am not heartbroken if that isn't the Sha-lay. Even if they DO have FABulous "jacuzzi rooms."

Jab, the Days has plenty of beds..? sure sounded like it, anyway...

I think that, like Paso Robles for example, Modesto tries to bring in some bucks by hosting obscure and not-so-obscure conventions, festivals and such. Maybe one day Hooptylau will book up all the motels in town!! lol.

Kin we go to that neato-keen A&W with the car hops on roller skates Sunday maybe? yow.

anticipatory tikivixen

A&W that still has car hops on roller skates?!?! We're THERE!!

yep, pass by that a&w every morning to work. not as nice as the original a&w in lodi, but still fun to go to. they usually have some nice vintage cars out too (40's and 50's era).

one more week.... (and remember guys and girls, we GAIN an hour that night!)

info message coming out this weekend regarding the hooptylau. have a hoopty-erriffic day! :)

Was that info message going to be a post or an email? Cuz my email's been having issues, again!

see you all soon!!! tikivixen

M

Mr Smiley is putting his money where his mouth is and staying at The Chalet Motel!!

H

I still need a few more luxury hotel experiences to balance out the memory of the Budget Inn in Ft. Lauderdale before I'll be ready for the Tropics and Chalets of this world, so the Schmama Lama and I are going to be at the Days Inn.

Can't wait!

times a tickin' and we are prepping like mad! an email went out to everyone (with the exception of smiley since his messages are undeliverable, so we pm'ed you the message) with the info. mainly, we need to hear from everyone who is signed up to go to hooptylau where you are staying so we can haul your hoopty booty around all night.

so far i have this info from:
thejab
unga
martiki
limp
humuhumu
chongolio

if your name isnt there, that means we need to hear from you pronto! email one of us, respond to this thread, or pm one of us. we dont want to leave anybody behind.

and ALSO, we do happen to have two extra tickets for any last minute stragglers that want to attend the maddness. if you havent made it out here before you bay area folk, this is YOUR PRIME OPPORTUNITY!!! its gonna be a blast.

:drink:

I'll be at the Chalet...and if there happens to be some sort of trouble there in the middle of the night, I'll be calling on Mr. Smiley!

On 2004-10-26 23:53, Kalikiana wrote:
I'll be at the Chalet...and if there happens to be some sort of trouble there in the middle of the night, I'll be calling on Mr. Smiley!

Another brave soul!! :)

On 2004-10-26 22:27, tikicleen wrote:
times a tickin' and we are prepping like mad! an email went out to everyone (with the exception of smiley since his messages are undeliverable, so we pm'ed you the message) with the info.

Usually my messages are undeciperable not un deliverable!!

A

if you havent made it out here before you bay area folk, this is YOUR PRIME OPPORTUNITY!!!

We were hoping to catch some part of this event as we'll be en route from nor-cal to so-cal this weekend, but our timing works out wrong by one day (we're driving down Fri). So, one of these days we'll break our never-been-to-Minnie's curse, but I guess not this time. Have a hoopty-rific time everyone!

-Randy

Towards the end of the crawl, at the Dark Marq Room, when everybody is nice and sauced up, we'll have some of Chongolio's artwork on display and for sale. A few of Bosko's tikis will be on display and for sale at Minnie's and Whanga Rei along with Chongolio's infamous-one-of-a-kind surfboard behind the bar at Whanga Rei. Just a heads up if your interested in trading for a few frogskins.

What no tiki jumpy house?!?
Oh well it's gonna be a hoot anyway, I tell you what.
JT, thanks for the heads up on bringing up some art.

I need to reclaim some wall space so I am wheelin' and dealin' If you ever wanted an original Chongolio (or just felt sorry for me) This could be your chance.

I will also be bringing up the "official" Hooptylau decals to help remember something from this enchanted evening of hooptiness.
Thrills, chills and drunken........conversation.

Chongolio

"If your not careful your going to knock that tiki over and break that pencil neck of yours"

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

Edited by Chongolio to supress any drunken misbehavin']

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-28 19:57 ]

rule # 1: spills, whether they are water,alcohol or bodily fluids, are only acceptable if carried out at an establishment other than mine! all else is fair game.

M

On 2004-10-28 17:08, the drunken hat wrote:
rule # 1: spills, whether they are water,alcohol or bodily fluids, are only acceptable if carried out at an establishment other than mine! all else is fair game.

oh, great....ruin my fun!!!!

M

Smiley always marks his territory with fluids.

M

On 2004-10-28 17:23, martiki wrote:
Smiley always marks his territory with fluids.

It is a habit of mine ever since someone asked for my two 'scents' worth!!!

ewwww!

Got lids? :P

Sounds like we might need foul weather gear if we dont keep an eye or two on Mr Smiley :o

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-28 20:03 ]

On 2004-10-28 20:00, Chongolio wrote:

Got lids? :P

Sounds like we might need foul weather gear if we dont keep an eye or two on Mr Smiley :o

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-28 20:03 ]

why don't we all just wear yellow rain coats and call the get together "the who-peed-lau!" granted the bulk of the festivities must end prior to reaching the dark marq.

M

Is the costume contest still on?

BTW, a round of applause for my beautiful wife for coming up with the name Hooptylau that drunken night before ITD at Minnie's.

One day til we get HOOPTY!

DID THE Bail Bond guy and Tattoo Shop sponsor this years Hooptylau? Where are our shirts???

On 2004-10-29 10:20, mrsmiley wrote:
Where are our shirts???

How about, "I survived the Chalet"

Addendum;
I'm sure the Chalet is not that bad.
I'm just havin fun.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-10-29 10:34 ]

On 2004-10-29 10:26, Unga Bunga wrote:

Where are our shirts???

How about, "I survived the Chalet"

Addendum;
I'm sure the Chalet is not that bad.
I'm just havin fun.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-10-29 10:34 ]

i Just sent Martiki a photo of the hallway in the Chalet--they were doing a deep cleaning so they moved the mattresses in the hallway!

DID THE Bail Bond guy and Tattoo Shop sponsor this years Hooptylau? Where are our shirts???

I heard they both backed out. Something about " a reputation to uphold"
I can't post your bail, but I can bring up a cigar box full of black permanent markers and make some shirts and tatoos on the spot :lol:

Chongolio

P.S.costumes too!

Insert picture of George Bush with a mustache and glasses drawn on him.

... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-29 11:07 ]

On 2004-10-29 09:54, martiki wrote:

you betcha! extra bonus points for utilizing spandex.

On 2004-10-29 10:48, Chongolio wrote:

C-Man, I don't know it is my computer being weird, but when I click on your "Vote for ME, enter here" hyperlink on you site, it doesn't work....

On 2004-10-29 11:40, tikicleen wrote:

On 2004-10-29 09:54, martiki wrote:

you betcha! extra bonus points for utilizing spandex.

just to clarify it is not a costume contest persay. it is a hooptiest/ugly/loudest hawaiian shirt/dress contest. it will be voted on by of the the attendee's. so if you've hade a shirt or dress that you were somewhat "affraid" to wear, tomorrow is the day to break that baby out! and if it happens to be spandex i guess it's fair to say you'll have at least one vote!

this sounds like such a fun event I'm bummed I can't go! I will be thinking of you guys when I'm overutilizing my brain at my firm retreat in palm springs and trying not to drink too much. :(

I did manage, however, to sneak off to Minnie's yesterday for a "cold one" when I was in Modesto for work!

Have fun and take/post lots of pics!

M

Here's a little preview of the things that happen to you at Minnie's:

No more for Smiley!

Givin' her "the sex eye"!
No more for Martiki!

The aforementioned Chalet hallway! Priceline said it would be great! Fuckers.

What you don't want to see at the mini mart next door to Minnie's

Mr. Smiley provides mattress quality assurance.

Now he's just plain wasted. No more for Mr. Smiley!

On 2004-10-29 12:48, martiki wrote:
Here's a little preview of the things that happen to you at Minnie's:

The aforementioned Chalet hallway! Priceline said it would be great! Fuckers.

The hallway beds are the cheapest at only $10 a night, but you have to sleep standing up!
ps- let me see if I can scare everyone away from the Chalet!!

On 2004-10-28 13:34, Chongolio wrote:
What no tiki jumpy house?!?

On 2004-10-29 12:48, martiki wrote:

Mr. Smiley provides mattress quality assurance.

Does this mean there is going to be some kind of after hours tiki jumpy house after all?

Chongolio

P.S Thanks Mr.S for pointing out that bad link on my site.

... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-29 13:28 ]

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-29 14:21 ]

Mr. Smiley gets stuck to the ceiling by some strange stickey substance, left by the prior guests.

OH...MY....GAWD....they're already at The Chalet.

M

Those are from August JT- don't panic. But we're coimng...soon...

You kiddin'? That room wasn't at the Chalet. It was CLEAN. :wink:

We didn't dare photograph the room at the Chalet for fear of damaging the camera lens.

xox,

tikivixen

M

On 2004-10-08 13:27, thejab wrote:
I just booked a room at the Best Western Town House Lodge. It's only 2 blocks from Minnie's and the Cracklet Motel.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=05063

Is this the one where Martiki stayed also? Is this the official Hooptylau motel--or is it the Blue Light Cemetary motel in Ripon!?!?! :wink:

T

On 2005-07-18 17:54, mrsmiley wrote:

On 2004-10-08 13:27, thejab wrote:
I just booked a room at the Best Western Town House Lodge.

Is this the one where Martiki stayed also? Is this the official Hooptylau motel--or is it the Blue Light Cemetary motel in Ripon!?!?! :wink:

Yes, this is the official motel for guests who take their showers in the bathroom. :wink:

Reminensal Bump

Can we get the pix back up? That was fun and funny. The good ole daze.

Pages: 1 2 91 replies