Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How to keep your lawns and landscape looking great!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Quit your job and go back to school.

(man, my landscape has NEVER looked this good!)

Bong, I'm begining to notice a pattern here. You didn't quit your job and go back to school did you? I thought so. Here's what one our foremost philosophers and social commentators Matt Groening has to say on the subject of education:
"School is good. School is important. School prepares YOU for the future. By sitting quietly in neat little rows for long periods of time doing exactly what you are told in school, you are preparing to sit quietly in neat little rows for long periods of time doing exactly what you are told at work. And...if you stay in school for years and years, you'll delay your worst working fears."
Or...you could take that student loan money and go on one hell of a surfin' safari (starting out in Huntington Beach and island hopping all the way to Australia). Somethin' ta think about (don't tell Madam Bong it was my idea though).

[i]On 2004-09-23 19:50, Shipwreckjoey wrote

By sitting quietly in neat little rows for long periods of time doing exactly what you are told in school, you are preparing to sit quietly in neat little rows for long periods of time doing exactly what you are told at work.

It also makes you subservient knowing that you need the paycheck to pay off your huge student loans.

actually Bong is telling the truth, my lawn has never looked this good.

I think I'll go back to school and learn how to become a landscaper.

Oh brother I hear ya Unga. I think about it everyday!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Pages: 1 5 replies