Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tikicentral Yearbook/Trading cards

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

UJ

And all Grand Members, of course. :D

no. those cards should be holographic or foil plated. at least that was the fad a decade ago.

M

Let me know if you do find a better quote. These guys specialize in novelty trading cards from companies and organizations, so their prinitng costs are pretty low, especially for low run, glossy, and full color on two sides. They told me I'd play hell finding cheaper because of the specialization, but they would say that, wouldn't they.

Because of the cost, I'd say the only way to be on a card is to commit to buying a whole set. We'll see how many really want it that badly. Right now I'd say about 15 people are into this, and that's not really worth the effort.

I've been thinking.
In stead of trading cards.... how about Gaming cards?
I already have mine

"Gotta Drink them all!"
What a wonderful way to introduce children to the world of tiki?

And here's one for our very own sweet little tikifish:

Hope you like it!

Grand Member Card V.1

T

Nice! I like! I guess the paaaanties thing will never die now! ahhaha

at the risk of derailing this topic even more, the next go round could be tiki central 'wacky packages'

B

I'm soooo glad I was able to pick up the one word that will now haunt you as long as you live! Great work Unk!

On 2004-10-07 06:58, Johnny Dollar wrote:
at the risk of derailing this topic even more, the next go round could be tiki central 'wacky packages'

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking of that...

-Z

MG

OK people, sorry I didn't jump in here sooner!

This is the kind of stuff I do for my real job. I personally specialize in screen printed stickers, serigraphs and signs, but I deal with offset printers all the time. I have a great company that does cards that's very reasonable and does great quality work.

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-07 09:27 ]

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-07 14:24 ]

thanks guys

kick-ass kool cards btw, unk :)

On 2004-10-06 14:03, tikibars wrote:
Perhaps: anyone who has been on TC for over one year, and who has attended at least one national Tiki event is eligible.

cough I assume that wouldn't mean just Tiki events in the USA?

Trader Woody

MG

I'm waiting for a few quotes on cards.

I'd also like to say that I could print stickers that could be put in with the card packs. TC stickers of course, but also people that are in the "Tiki" business (Tiki Farm, Bamboo Ben, Lotta Livin, etc.) or that have a band with a cool logo (King Kukulele, Smokin M's, Mai Kai Gents, etc.) may want to do stickers that would also be a good marketing tool for thier business. "It'll be fun to see which sticker will come in your pack".

If anyone is interested in doing stickers, let me know. I can do a multi colored gang run of different logos and even different sizes which would help keep the cost down.

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-07 13:53 ]

MG

Total! TC WACKY PACK!!!!!

We all know there's a lot of wacky characters in this group. I can see it now!

Anyone willing to participate and pitch in for their personal cards could maybe get a portion of their cards to pass out at events like a business card.

I think this all sounds cool. I know I can help with this project.

"TC Wacky Pack" thread anyone?

Is anyone else excited about this or am I getting too wacky? Damn, I have to get to work!

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-07 14:10 ]

T

How would it work exactly - would you be spoofing a product? A tiki mug? A person? Wacky Packs work on the concept of taking a well known product (like Chiclets) and turning them into something wacky like Czechlets. I'm an unclear on what would be spoofed in a TIki Central Wacky Pack.

MG

On 2004-10-07 06:58, Johnny Dollar wrote:
the next go round could be tiki central 'wacky packages'

I just thought "Tiki Central Wacky Pack" sounded like a cool name since we're probably all a little wacky in our own special way. If you had to spoof on anything, it would be the classic Wacky Packs them selves. It might sound better than "Tiki Central Trading Cards". It was just an idea.

Other than the name does anyone think this has potential?

Gene

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-07 16:03 ]

The CynfulCynner Action Figure is now available!
:D

http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html

C

I still think this is a pretty nifty idea and would like to contribute and be a part of it.
Chongolio

On 2004-10-07 16:05, cynfulcynner wrote:

The CynfulCynner Action Figure is now available!
:D

http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html

Is the Bong action figure still available too?

I thought this trading card idea sounded familiar. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8980&forum=4&vpost=92052
I guess timing is everything.
I liked it then (5-20-04) and still like it now. Count me in for a pack.

[ Edited by: Tiki Rider on 2004-10-07 23:05 ]

not to lend credibility to tiki_bong :) but having worked on a group project before, i.e. highschool yearbook, in order for a group product to be produced there has to be one person who decides that they basically will nurse the project along once everyone else loses their initial interest. i think if someone decides to step up and officially say they will do it, we're on. i personally like the idea of folks photoshopping things and emailing them to the "producer" as it were, kind of like the earlier documents produced by toa. sorry i'm not volunteering to steer the ship, i already did that yearbook in 1987 :)

M

I said I'd head it up and I will if there's enough interest.

Stickers would be great. Gene, let us know what kind of quotes you get.

I'm up for it. What would we need to do? Agree to buy a certain number of packs? Provide photos? It's a great idea and I'm sure people would get into it if they knew what was involved.

Trader Woody

T

"Oh captain my captain"!!! Is there any room left on the boat. I'd be happy to help out in anyway possible. Sign me up for a set or a pack or two or however it is going to work. I'd be more than happy to pay in advance to get things moving. The cards are really not that hard of a product to do. Heck, every little league baseball team has a set made. Whoever takes the wheel should start sending emails to interested individuals; find out who can do what.

good on ya martiki, we will await info regarding format, etc and probably go nuts :) thanks for heading it up, sorry i didn't pick up on yer offer pages back...

Pages: 1 2 71 replies