Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Our Very Own King Kukulele On Tiki Farm!

Pages: 1 10 replies

V

I love this album. The king send it to me, it is really fantastic, funny, danceable, just the music I like.

The King rocks!
I bought a cd from him at Tiki Oasis. VERY well done! I still listen to it as much as anything else if not more. People must think I'm full of fish, fruits and nuts. I highly recomend it.

I'm dying to do a King Kukulele poster or stickers. Give me a call King!

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-28 10:13 ]

That is some pretty nifty stuff. The animation is way cool.

Chongolio

It's a toe tapper (as Professor Kelp would say). The King's lighthearted feel-good songs are always a breath of fresh air. Much like Ian Whitcomb, Vivian Stanshall (Bonzo Dog Band) and Dan Hicks were back in the '60's, King Kuk is the wandering minstral with the insight and talent to bring his songs off the street corner and into the tiki bar's, huts and hearts of all da peepo who love it da best. I think I'll just shut up now, buy the CD and fix myself another mai-tai.

Shipwreck...great to hear that someone
remembers...or even heard of bonzo dog...
if the king is even close to as cool as
the dogs i gotta get it. meanwhile..
i must go hunting tigers out in india!

Yeah but does it have the duet with Christina the Ballerina?

edited by me

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-02-23 10:24 ]

[i]On 2004-09-28 22:53, Shipwreckjoey wrote

The King's lighthearted feel-good songs are always a breath of fresh air.

King is appropriately represented in his grass skirt and HS. I love it!

On 2004-09-29 08:36, congatiki wrote:
Shipwreck...great to hear that someone
remembers...or even heard of bonzo dog...
if the king is even close to as cool as
the dogs i gotta get it. meanwhile..
i must go hunting tigers out in india!

Right you are conga. I'm still kickin' myself in the ass for sellin' most of my vintage Bonzo vinyl back in the mid '80's (probably for some dumbshit reason like payin' the rent or somthin'). I still have my Tadpoles & Gorilla albums & have started buying some CD's. I also used to have a solo LP by Neil Innes called "How Sweet To Be An Idiot" cool record and great title (wish i'd o' thought of it)

Hey gang, this is King Kukulele posting from Camp Bondsteel in Kosovo, maybe the first Tiki Central post from Kosovo.
Well WOW! Thank you all for all the kind posts. I couldn't be happier with your response, and I couldn't be happier with the work of SHAG on our CD cover which you saw at Tikifarm.com! Well if you go now you will see Crazy Al's latest invention the Ape Mug, its sold out! I think that maybe you can find the King Kukulele CD cartoon in the Tiki Theater at Tikifarm.com where they present previous animations from months past. Thank you to Charlie the animator and Holden the man and Frank...the sugardaddy. The link that Holden put up was to Jumpin Jim Beloffs website Fleamarket music. He called me while I was in Florida and said, "I don't know what you said at the Hukilau but we've been getting orders all day for your CD!" I had to set him straight. Thanks again Holden!

Pages: 1 10 replies