Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Moai Candle - any takers?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey folks, would anyone have any interest in one of these candles I made? Now, they're not perfect, but they're kind of cool. . I hope that picture works!

Thanks!

[ Edited by: rocknrollgirl on 2004-10-01 22:35 ]

D

sorry, but no pic was able to be seen. Can you repost?

Hi RocknRollGirl,

Try this link:

http://www.tikicentral.com/faq.php#embed

It will explain how to diplay your photo here on TC, and it's really not to difficult. I'd really like to see your Moai candle!

Cheers,

Aaron

Huh. Musta burned out.

Hey guys and gals, Rocknrollgirl and I have several of the candles she made around our aparetment. She's just starting out as the Moai candle maker, so they aren't as good as the ones that you would pay 25 bucks for, but they're still pretty darn cool. I'll see if I can't get a photo of one and post it up.

Those are pretty nice, RnR Girl. Did you make the mold yourself, or is it off the shelf? I used to make sand candles with driftwood & shells when they were cool back in the 70's. Just melt some parafin, throw in some crayons, dig out a shape in the sand w/ legs, & you're in business. Ah, memories! :music: If you like pina coladas... :music: Gettin' caught in the rain...

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

[ Edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2004-10-01 23:02 ]

[ Edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2004-10-01 23:04 ]

[ Edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2004-10-01 23:04 ]

B

Ah-Ha! This is the first time I've seen them in wax. Good work! I bought a couple of the molds last year, but then realized how expensive bulk wax was, and figured most people would never burn them anyways, so I cast in Plaster. The real trick of making the candles must come from getting the seem smooth, huh? Plaster is waaaay more forgiving, as you can sand it smooth and cover with the base coat.

T

RocknRollGirl,

You've made candles, what music do you like?

Pages: 1 7 replies