Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

When you wanna torture your friends...

Pages: 1 11 replies

Shop here:

http://www.displayit-info.com/food/drinks1.html

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-09-30 15:38 ]

H

Good stuff here! I say stock up on the "wax" olives and serve them in martinis to unsuspecting guests.

oh my gawd!
I just wet myself.

I used to totally collect Fake Food! It was based upon my fascination, as a kid, of the only thing of interest when forced to tour model home after model home in So Cal with the parents: the fake food laid out so invitingly in each dining room and kitchen, sometimes the patio. Not just the loaf of bread on the counter, but the full place settings at the table, the drinks, the veggies....

reminds me of a Shel Silverstein poem:

The saddest thing I ever did see
Was a woodpecker peckin on a plastic tree
He looked at me and "Friend," said he
"Things aint as sweet as they used to be."

TM1

Hilarious!

reminds me of when during jr high art class, we wrapped fake hershey kisses made out of soft brown clay, and passed them out at halloween!

I got paid back though..my 9 year old next door neigbor, (smartass that he was) filled a box of chicklets up with Feenamints and gave them to me. I popped the whole thing in my mouth!

Can you say "constant and unrelenting diaharea?"

I loved sticking the knobs from folding chairs in the brown paper SEE'S came in, and leaving the last one.

Motor oil in a shampoo bottle keeps moochy house-mates in thier place as well.

once, in college, a large party of us dined at a sushi restaurant. after the green tea ice cream was consumed, we gathered all our extra wasabi and put it in the ice cream bowl. one guy finally took the bait, and said "hey, are you guys going to finish that last bit of ice cream?"

we all waited with breathless anticipation while it was passed down to our unsuspecting friend, and he started to go for it.

and then someone broke down, a Major Wuss, and said "don't do it! it's a trap!"

and then I had to punch the Major Wuss in the nuts.

this was also the time when, to save money, we decorated our christmas tree with stale popcorn threaded on a string and old candy canes. after the tree was down I put the string of popcorn in a bowl and left it on the counter for our mooching neighbors. time and again, they went for the string of old popcorn.

T

Yeah a long time ago (when I was a bit more gullible) my older brother had me take a bite out our neighbors waxed apple that she had sitting out on the table.

And when he least expects it I WILL be getting even for that incident!

For a pub quiz i used to run, i had an eating round where i'd challenge a member of the quiz teams to eat something weird like choc-ices covered in red hot sauce.
But this one time i excelled in my evil by creating "I can't belive its not Guinness" to the eye they looked like tall glassess of Guinness, black body and a white top, but they were in fact Liquidised baked beans with a heavy dose of black food colouring and whipped cream on top for the head.
i was fun to watch the contestants race to down three pints in four minutes, their little faces as they struggled to swallow the thick beaney sludge, and afterwards the high level of colouring made their poo's turquise.

On 2004-09-30 16:58, dangergirl299 wrote:
oh my gawd!
I just wet myself.

I used to totally collect Fake Food! It was based upon my fascination, as a kid, of the only thing of interest when forced to tour model home after model home in So Cal with the parents: the fake food laid out so invitingly in each dining room and kitchen, sometimes the patio. Not just the loaf of bread on the counter, but the full place settings at the table, the drinks, the veggies....

reminds me of a Shel Silverstein poem:

The saddest thing I ever did see
Was a woodpecker peckin on a plastic tree
He looked at me and "Friend," said he
"Things aint as sweet as they used to be."

I've always loved the fake Sushi in the front windows of Japaese restaurants in LA, it always had a happy, "the Future will be Wonderful" kind of gleam to it.

I had a suite mate in college that used to dip and brew sun tea.... i bet you can figure out what we did with a razor and a stapler.

He also had black lights in this dorm, we went in a wrote all over the walls with yellow highlighters. He had a rude awakening one night with secret incantations and spirals.

A co-worker once got back at her husband (who was a grump and always yelled about food & mess around the house) by taking a food prop that was a Very realistic spoon with melted ice cream puddle and placing it on top of their computer monitor.

He yelled at her and then yelled at each kid trying to find out who had left the mess. Finally, she said, "I'll clean it up" and walked over to the computer, picked up the one-piece spoon/plastic puddle, and walked away. After his whole family was done laughing at him, he finally smiled.

-Z

UT

Now that's just plain cruel. I'm all for a good practical joke, but a fake cocktail? If it's torture you want, why not something a little less severe like bamboo under the fingernails or 120 volts to the nuts?

SPeaking of which, the other night I was preparing a pu pu platter for guests and was trying to break a bamboo skewer in half, and a thin splinter went half way under the nail on my pointing finger. Talk about pain- the only soul around was my cat, but I told her every secret I ever had.

Pages: 1 11 replies