Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

R.I.P Rodney Dangerfield

Pages: 1 17 replies

R

Rodney Dangerfield, the bug-eyed comic whose self-deprecating one-liners brought him stardom in clubs, television and movies and made his lament "I don't get no respect" a catchphrase, died Tuesday. He was 82.

T

Awww, man, that's sad. After seeing Caddyshack about 800 times, I have a huge love for Rodney's performance. I liked his general attitude about life, too. He was troubled but positive til the end.
Rest in peace, Rodney.

"Looks good on YOU, though!"

UJ

may be get his respect that he was never given

T

Man he was great. Remember his "Triple Lindy" in "Back to School". I about pissed my pants laughing at that. And let us not forget the loving father he played in the movie "Natural Born Killers". With the whole studio audience laughter in the background you just had to laugh along, then again, I have a bizarre sense of humor.

D

One of my favorite one-liners from Rodney was

"I knew this guy, he went to the doctor. The doctor told him he had sugar in his urine. So he went home and took a leak on his corn flakes"

Another great one was "my wife's cooking is so bad, the roaches hang themselves in the kitchen"

God rest your soul, Rodney.

Dangerfield was one of the greatest, and will be very missed. A toast and drink to a legend.

One of his best...

"The other night my wife told me she wanted to have sex in the backseat of our car...she asked me to drive!"

Dude could make the grim reaper laugh...

H

Very sad! A few years ago I made a trip out to Vegas specifically to catch his performance. His act was the greatest. I was laughing so hard my sides hurt.

Rest in peace Rodney, We miss you.

Here's a few more one liners from Rodney:

" I tell ya, the whole thing goes back to my childhood.
When I was born the doctor smacked my mother."

"Until I was six years old
I thought Alpo was baby food."

"My ole man told me never
to take candy from a stranger...
unless he offered me a ride."

"What a childhood I had.
When I was kidnapped, they sent
back a piece of my finger...
My ole man said he wanted more proof."

"I tell ya, with my wife,
life isn't easy. Last night she
told me to take out the garbage.
I told her, "You cooked it, you take it out."

"During sex, my wife likes to talk to me...
The other night she called me from a motel."

"I asked a cab driver, 'Where can I get some action?'
He took me to my house."

[ Edited by: Hakalugi on 2004-10-06 01:18 ]

I'll miss Rodney. After reading an interview with him in Esquire (I think) about four months ago I'm not surprised. He came off in the artical like he never left his apartment, was depressed & in constant pain and his daily routine consisted of sitting around in a bathrobe, smoking pot & watching TV. It was so depressing I almost started doing the same thing myself! Fave Rodney line from Caddy Shack: "Hey, your boat scratched my anchor". ARRRRRR...it's a seafarin' thing.

I remeber seeing Rodney in concert with my grandma when I was in Jr High School. We went to the Jackie Gleason theatre down in Miami. He was so awsome in concert. I am happy that I got to see him in person. My favorite 1 liner

My wife is so fat, when she wears high heels she strikes oil!

I was only watching Little Nicky on TV the other night

On 2004-10-05 19:12, Tiki-bot wrote:
Awww, man, that's sad. After seeing Caddyshack about 800 times, I have a huge love for Rodney's performance.

Oh yeah! What's already a hilarious movie flips into another gear as soon as he appears on screen! Classic performance. Didn't he have his own club?

Trader Woody

UB

"Remember, behind every great man there's a woman.......with a great behind." RD

Thanks for the laughs Rodney!

UT

On 2004-10-06 10:42, Trader Woody wrote:

On 2004-10-05 19:12, Tiki-bot wrote:
Awww, man, that's sad. After seeing Caddyshack about 800 times, I have a huge love for Rodney's performance.

Oh yeah! What's already a hilarious movie flips into another gear as soon as he appears on screen! Classic performance. Didn't he have his own club?

Trader Woody

Yeah, it was here in NYC- I was there a few times but, unfortunatley, never saw him there. He was an absolute genious.

My favorite Rodney one-liners:

"When I was a kid I was so ugly that whenever I played in the sandbox, my cat kept trying to bury me."

"I got lost once and went to a police officer for help. I Asked him how long it would take to find my parents and he said, "I don't know kid, there's so many places to hide."

The world will be a little less joyful without him.

Rest in Peace Rodney...

Some of my favorites:
"My uncle's dying wish: He wanted to die with me in his lap...He died in the electric chair!"
"Yesterday I went to the proctologist, and he stuck his finger in my mouth..."

We'll miss ya buddy!

K
Kono posted on Wed, Oct 6, 2004 5:48 PM

Just caught a piece of an interview with the late Mr Dangerfield (Access Hollywood for you West Coasters who might still catch it - and no I don't usually watch that show) and Rodney was wearing a shirt with Mr Bali Hai and other classic tiki mugs!

RIP

a couple more Rodney Jokes

"I tell ya, I get no respect, my twin brother forgot my birthday!"

and the scene in Caddyshack when he returned his steak to the chef saying, "it still has the whip marks where the jockey kept hitting it."

or the "Regular Guy" clothing line in Easy Money.

One in a million, the king of comedy.

my favorite one liner was in caddyshack when he aske d an old rich lady:

"How would you like to make $36 the hard way?"

Pages: 1 17 replies