Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Massacred Tiki at Trader vics, Beverly Hills?

Pages: 1 22 replies

Aloha

I had a guy email me asking about a rumor that he heard. Apparently, one of the Tikis at Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills had a huge erection, that was later removed, probably after complaints from the more prudish clientele. Anyone have dirt on this?

Heavens! Not castratiki!

hmmm, well every time one gets castrated....I'll carve another. I'm considering carving one huge erection....forget the tiki. We could "erect" it over in Beverly Hills somewhere.

"Erectiki"

S

Trader Dick's

(I'm ashamed of myself.)

HT

It's in one of the many Tiki books you can get from B&N or Amazon. I've read it in one of them, and I'm not sure which one. I'll try to look tonight.
mahalo!
lucky

The Trader Vic's in Vancouver B.C. almost didn't open due to the Tiki's erections.

"An hour before the restaurant was due to open, the Liquor Control Board refused to issue a license because half a dozen of the Tiki poles boasted fertility figures with erect penises. The problem was solved with a hacksaw and the restaurant opened on schedule."

http://www.vancourier.com/issues03/012203/news/012203nn8.html

M

On 2004-10-20 17:31, Tikiwahine wrote:
The Trader Vic's in Vancouver B.C. almost didn't open due to the Tiki's erections.

"An hour before the restaurant was due to open, the Liquor Control Board refused to issue a license because half a dozen of the Tiki poles boasted fertility figures with erect penises. The problem was solved with a hacksaw and the restaurant opened on schedule."

http://www.vancourier.com/issues03/012203/news/012203nn8.html

But did they throw those "woodies" out the car window onto the street when they were done? "Bobbit-tiki"!!!

I thought we were past the fig leaf days. After all, Trader Vic's is not the Vatican.

S

I understand that Trade Vic's has tiki's with schlongs taller than they are. Lots of penises. Erect, I don't know. The ones in the Mai Kai garden simply rotted off.

T

On 2004-10-20 19:20, Swanky wrote:
I understand that Trade Vic's has tiki's with schlongs taller than they are. Lots of penises. Erect, I don't know. The ones in the Mai Kai garden simply rotted off.

They must have been married tikis. :wink:

The penis problem ads a whole nother dimension to my thoughts about American Purism.
The Tiki-with-schlong was part of the "daring" rumpus room humor among adults in the 50s and 60s, and thus integral to the Tiki allure, sort of a white collar rebellious/subversive behaviour.

But I have never seen Tikis with erect ones, maybe with unrealistically long ones. New Guinea carvings might have used them to portray the penis sheeths common in some tribes, but the "erect" part in these reports is either due to urban legend or to journalistic sensationalism.

And yes Tikis ARE phallic symbols. As my motto goes, "Less virtual reality, more ritual virility!"

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-10-20 23:29 ]

Waitaminnit, what does that remind me off currently....

"Tiki-Schlong...rebellious/subversive behaviour...integral to Tiki..."

:wink:

H

tikiless tiki

R

Many of the tradtional carvings in Banuae, Ifugoa, Philippines sport Tiki pee-pees. Usually they are found on the tall, slender marker poles that are used to mark off property lines. They are quite big at 6'+ and can be had for around $25-30 if you wanted to carry one back with you :wink:

i recall a childhood friend from the phillipines who had a carved male figure in a carved barrel. you could lift the barrel off, and a carved penis would spring out, by virtue of a piece of springy metal, and would stick out and wobble a bit. it's pretty hilarious when you're 9 years old :)

On 2004-10-21 10:37, Johnny Dollar wrote:
i recall a childhood friend from the phillipines who had a carved male figure in a carved barrel.

Mrsmiley has lots of these. :D

On 2004-10-20 13:36, Jungle Trader wrote:
hmmm, well every time one gets castrated....I'll carve another. I'm considering carving one huge erection....

On 2004-10-21 11:02, cynfulcynner wrote:

On 2004-10-21 10:37, Johnny Dollar wrote:
i recall a childhood friend from the phillipines who had a carved male figure in a carved barrel.

Mrsmiley has lots of these. :D

AND Mr Smiley has a female version or two...

S

not erect. Definitely.

W

Jungle Trader wrote:
"...I'm considering carving one huge erection....forget the tiki."

There really is a biz op here for the unscrupulous carver. Get the rumour of the sawed bone TV's Tikis circulating then show up on eBay with what "could be" the missing members.

There seems to be a great, uh, cocktail name in all this too...

M

drink names;
The Missing Member
The Missionaries Machete (i know, not really accurate)
Oops, I severed it again
No sex on the beach(or ever!)
Bobbit-tiki

Pages: 1 22 replies