Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Show me your mugs & I'll show you mine...UPDATED 1/18/08 all new pics page 1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies

Welcome to my madness! All these pics of mugs are from my "office".

Oh my, how did that pic get in there? :)

[ Edited by: Atomicchick 2008-01-18 11:03 ]

Thats not a collection, it's a down payment on a house! Wow! Very impressive!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:27 ]

T

Wonderful collection AtomicChick, mahalo for sharing.

S

Here is my small collection. Basically collected in the last 10 months. I was going to be fancy and make a long panarama of the mantel shelf, but it didn't work, so, it overlaps...

Hukilau 2002 Shag #2,Moai,Blue Hawaii Surfer,Hawaiian Inn,Hula gal

Bosco (gift from TNTiki),Westwood,Otagari

Voodoo Grog;Hawaiina Inn,Orchids

Moai,Daga Kon Tiki Sheraton

Sneaky Tiki (gift of Al and Shelly),St. Thomas Cannibal mug,Tiki Bob New Orleans

TV bowl, Don the Beachbomber rum barrel (gift),Tiki farm decanter from Hukilau 2002

Orchids Headhunter,Sneaky Tiki, Hukilau 2001 Grimace barely visible,Hukilau 2004 Purple

Hawaiian Inn leilani,Aku Aku cocnut,TV Gun Club Punch

Aku Aku bowl,Tepco bowl,blue Hukilau 2004,Hawaiian Inn Leilani

The Mai Kai kiosk:Decanter,rum barrel,drum mug, Mara Amu mug

Working cabinette with various glassware for drinking and some mugs. Top is my daughters Tiki Farm monkey, Orchids Buddha, Disney brown, Hukilau 2003 Mara Amu, Hale Tiki, Orchids Surfer Girl, whatever, Disney clear;middle shelfglassware,daga Kon Tiki Molokai Mule,Hukilau 2004 purple,Accoutrements, bottom shelf more of the same

The back bar for curiosity. Three boxes hold all I use to make the various cocktails. Top shelf is liquor, middle is liqueurs, bottom is mixers. I could toss some that I never use. And of course the fridge is full of fruit nectars, juices and other mixers. It would all transfer to a reasably sized bar one day when I make one... Not really that much. A few other mugs are around the room.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: swanky on 2005-05-05 10:35 ]

[ Edited by: Swanky 2006-03-07 16:31 ]

D

Wonderful stuff,both of you! To me,one of the best things about tiki is the color-a real pupu platter for the eyes.And Swanky,I'm green over your Kahiki drink menu-would love one of those.

Wow! I'm so impressed!

Atomicchick, what are all those little skulls, they aren't mugs are they?

I wont show mine, since I only have 4, and one of those is broken. :(

I have a case of mug envy now. thanks for sharing.

T

On 2004-10-24 16:52, finkdaddy wrote:
Wow! I'm so impressed!

Yeah but that one will get replaced yet finkdaddy, I one to give you to replace it.

TM

Here's a lot of my collection, though there is a lot in boxes...just not enough room to show off everything!!!

Here's some S&P Shakers (and mugs)

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-10-24 20:54 ]

wow, what a great thread, i always like checkin out mug collections, i have mine spread all over my house, maybe one day, ill get them all (not many,about 100) together for a group shot to post on this thread.....hope more folks post their stuff here, already seen about 25 mugs i aint seen before, or want!!....mahalo for takin time to post these pics folks!!!

Finkdaddy,

The skulls are full size mugs, all Munktiki!

Where do you get those wonderful toys... that's a most impressive collection.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:27 ]

TM

On 2004-10-25 04:46, TNTiki wrote:
Tiki Matt, that is one fine collection. There are mugs there that I have never seen before. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks TNT. I love seeing other collections with stuff I have never seen / don't have. I get mug envy and it gives me something to go hunt for....

Great collections! I love these threads. I'd post mine but it's just like AC's only smaller, for now:-)

Hey AC where did the 2 rectangular 'trays' come from? Very cool. And nice Tiki Bob on the table.

On 2004-10-24 18:49, Tiki-Toa wrote:

On 2004-10-24 16:52, finkdaddy wrote:
Wow! I'm so impressed!

Yeah but that one will get replaced yet finkdaddy, I one to give you to replace it.

That would be very nice of you. Mahalo.

Don't believe Mcdougall, his collection is quite impressive, almost that of Atomic Chic's, it seems they are both really into Munktiki. I have yet to get any of Munktiki, I am more of a Tikifarm kind of guy. I have about 60-70 mugs so far including a few vintage must haves... Bob, Mainlander, Bali Hai, Westwoods, Sneaky Tiki, etc... Oh, and by the way because Tiki Matt and I made friends accross the country, he has the Hukilau mug, and I have the Pele mug. Now I am sending him the Emeril Tchoup Chop mug from Orlando, and he is sending me a Purple Orchid mug made by tikifarm for the Purple Orchid. See what us Tc'ers accross the country do for each other. I am in the middle of moving so when I get settled, and get a digi camera, I will post pics of my upcoming bar, and mug collection.

Aloha Mr Hand
Aaron

Hey Tiki Matt, I've got a question about the mug in the center of the 9th photo down - brown w/the pirate-esque face - does it identify where it's from? The only place I know that used them was the Hawaiian Room at the Emerson Hotel...

TM

On 2004-10-26 12:40, johntiki wrote:
Hey Tiki Matt, I've got a question about the mug in the center of the 9th photo down - brown w/the pirate-esque face - does it identify where it's from? The only place I know that used them was the Hawaiian Room at the Emerson Hotel...

I'm pretty sure you're right....When I go home tonite I'll check and let you know. The pirate take is interesting...I always thought it looked like someone from Planet of the Apes (Heston version).

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-10-26 14:01 ]

[ Edited by: tiki matt on 2004-10-26 14:08 ]

On 2004-10-26 13:52, Tiki Matt wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're right....When I go home tonite I'll check and let you know. The pirate take is interesting...I always thought it looked like someone from Planet of the Apes (Heston version).

hehe, I thought it was the 'Abe' mug from the Politiki

J

On 2004-10-26 15:05, Tikiwahine wrote:

On 2004-10-26 13:52, Tiki Matt wrote:

hehe, I thought it was the 'Abe' mug from the Politiki

Holy crap - the resemblance is startling! I've only seen a pic of this mug, thanks to PolynesianPop who e-mailed me one when I started doing initial research on Baltimore's Hawaiian Room at the Emerson Hotel! Anyone have one they wanna trade??

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2004-10-26 17:02 ]

come on, i know theres more of you with pics of your collections, lets see them!!

On 2004-10-26 21:56, hala bullhiki wrote:
come on, i know theres more of you with pics of your collections, lets see them!!

I'm sure there's another thread with mug collections, but I agree - MORE POSTS! I love seeing other collections!

johntiki - you are correct sir...the mug is from the Emerson Hotel Hawaiian Room!

Here are a few pictures of some of our non-vintage mugs! If you see something you must have let me know I may part with it.

**Munktiki Munk-e's **

**More Mugs **

Seeking Tiki, That is one monster collection.

Where is the eyeball with Fez from?

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-11-09 09:33 ]

A

Everytime I see one of these "MONSTER" collections I want to cry! Someday I'll win the lottery and be that cool!! Kudos to ya!

N

Holy smokes! I thought I was going a little overboard, but these collections make mine look like nuthin'. I will have to try to get my collection up here someday.

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-11-09 11:21 ]

Hey Higi,

The glass tiki trays I made. You like the Tiki Bob on the table? It's pretty nice huh?! :wink:

Kon-Hemsby,

The eyeball with the fez hat is made by Munktiki. It was a very limited ed run they did with (I think) four different colored eyeballs. It was available at the SF art now show. I have one with a blue eyeball. Not sure if it's in my batch of pics, but if not, I'll post one later.

Cheers,
That is one nice set of mugs.

SeekingTiki,
That is a very beautiful collection.
If you want, why don't you sell me one of your Sheckys. :)

thanks for postin the pics seeking....great collection!!!!

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Nov 9, 2004 3:18 PM

The munktiki "bull-type" are cool. Where can you get the ones with the ruby eyes. Is that one that they use to carry and no longer.

M

Wow Atomicchick, quite a collection of Munktiki, Some stuff like this one I've never seen. What's the deal? Are you dating Stuckie? Let us in on your insider secret.

MauiTiki

[ Edited by: MauiTiki on 2004-11-09 21:45 ]

[ Edited by: MauiTiki on 2004-11-09 21:47 ]

N

Hey maui that is 90+ dollar mug from M1 gallery done by munktiki.

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-11-09 22:49 ]

MauiTiki,

If I was dating Stuckie, my husband probably wouldn't be fine with it....or Stuckie's wife! But if I was, I would might even have a better collection! :wink:

Atomicchick,
that is a impressive collection of Munktiki, I love seeing all the stuff that isn't available on the website. thanks for the pics!!

M

On 2004-11-09 22:47, net-tiki wrote:
Hey maui that is 90+ dollar mug from M1 gallery done by munktiki.

How do I get one? I've got $90+

T

Thanks for sharing...I became obsessed with mug collecting at one time, and here is what happened...http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf33b3127cce9b7017e7b56300000016108Qcsm7hozb-

Here ya go Tattiki.

awsome collection!!!

Lot's of spiderwebs from halloween, but here's what I collected so far.

Really nice, love the war god!!!

edited by me

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-02-23 10:25 ]

Hey Chip,

Sweet bar, and that bowl...whoa! Super Neato!

mike and chip...mahalo for the pics........great collections......

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies