Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele's big 40th w/ live performance by The Smokin' Menehunes!

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

Sorry to say a last minute glitch in my work schedule forces me to cancel. I was really looking forward to this party too. I'll have to wish da KING a happy hula birhday in absentia.

Called in right now and made my reservation, I'll see ya there.

DZ

Did I forget to RSVP?? Oooops! I made these reservations weeks ago, 'cause there's no way we'd miss this!

See all y'all tomorrow!

D

I'll be there plus my two dates.

*On 2004-11-06 22:55, Unga Bunga wrote:*Well hell, since you asked,
I'd like to see a mud-wrestling match between the King, and our beautiful Miss Cherry Capri!

While the Doo Dah Queen will be trying to make it down to wish her favorite King a Happy B-Day... (Doo Dah kick-off event is tonight which I am 'contractually' obligated to attend) Let's save the mud wrestling for the warmer months, please.

What a GREAT night!! Had so much fun, although I didn't get to meet half the Centralites I wanted to. Unfortunately, I was felled by one Mai Tai too many and had to book out of Sam's right after the show.

If my cell phone messages are any indication, the after-party was even more crazy!

Congrats to the King!

Happy Birthday King! I woke up Friday with the worst flu in years. We were really looking forward to this. Damn! At least we did not waste our deposit as TikiTony and his Wahine were able to go in our place. I'm sure everyone had a great time. Someone post some pix so we can see all the fun we missed.

Bongofury

D

We had a such nice time, what a great way to be introduced to Sam's! Although I didn't get a chance to visit with as many people as I'd like to have. Ce la vie! It was great getting to put a few new faces with the names/people I've come to know on TC. Meeting "The King" made my sons millenium. And watching Bill Tapia perform...well let's just say, I'm not worthy...a special night to be sure. Happy birthday King Kukulele :D Many thanks to everyone who put it together and let the TC crowd be apart of the festivities. Here's a couple of pictures I managed to take, not great but I'll share them anyway.

The Mighty King

Humuhumu & "Al"nshely

UtopianDream & TikiBIrd

Ookoo lady & Krustiki

Tikivixen & Bill

Even the Tiki's had a good time

King Kukulele

Smokin' Menehune's

Sabu's newest tiki thanks to Tiki Diablo (thechikitiki)

Bill & Bong

Bill Tapia

Bill Tapia

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-11-20 16:47 ]

Here's the only picture that I have for those of you that havn't seen it.

Happy Birthday King! and thanks Hilary for everything.

http://www.fallingcocos.com

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-11-21 12:39 ]

H

Mean Gene I lost mine..... can I get another, oops, sorry.

Congratulations, King Kukulele for making it all the way to adulthood! You are a real inspiration for all the young Tiki Centralites. Rebecca and I want to thank all who worked so hard to organize such a fun event to honor such a worthy King! The Smokin' Menehunes really were smokin' and the Sam's floor show was alot of fun. The good bartending in the backroom caused a late night excursion to the restaurant across the street for a sober-up burito. We didn't get to bed until about 3:30.

Plus, the King showed us all how to play an F-sharp on the ukelele!

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-11-22 02:18 ]

Wowza Yowza I can't believe the love in the room that night. It was the nicest party I've ever had...even better than my 9th birthday at Knott's when they got me a "bad guy" mustache at the Birdcage theater. (That's a local amusement park in my hometown.) It really was amazing to have so many of you help me celebrate my 40th, you made it a very precious memory for me.
I was really happy to be able to have my mom and dad, two of my four brothers and my two nephews there mixing it up with my new ohana from Tiki Central. I also had old childhood friends, old roommates, and members of the International Hawaiian Shirt Club present, as well a 96 year old masher who's been melting the hearts of women since WWI !! Bill Tapia playing his ukulele was an honor and I am really happy to have him as a friend. But lets face it, Tiki Central MADE that party. You guys brought the heart and soul to the Polynesian Spectacular that night and as happy as Sam's was, I was twice as happy. I hope you all had a great time.
A big big big thanks must go to the Smokin' Menehunes for making the afterparty happen. Nothing can make a luau official like live music and my hat is off to the Smokin' Menehunes for their kindness and graciousness. I'm glad to have you as friends.
I just realized that over the course of this weekend I saw Trader Pup bring to partys one SpongeBob pinata, two bamboo bicycles, and brownies decorated like cat poop! WOW! Thanks for the pinata! And thank you Sarah Alex (Mrs. Baxdog) for bringing and amazingly perfect pumpkin cheesecake. Is that how Baxter grew up big and strong? And also a big thanks goes out to Danny "The Chiki 'Tiki Diablo' Tiki" Gallardo (thats how you address a guy with three names) for his wonderful Tiki raffle...there were many who seemed to think that Sabu always wins.
To everone who came, thank you so much, and to all of you who brought gifts, I just want to say I am stunned at your kindness, overjoyed, and I feel like a 7 year old kid at Christmas on Easter Island. Yippeeee! Thanks!!
Of course the BIGGEST thanks goes to the person who had the idea of a 40th birthday party for me in the first place and that is my girlfriend Hilary. She did a wonderful job and she had a wonderful time and thank you all for making her feel part of the family. She had alot of help from some supercool TCer's like Tiki Diablo, Humuhumu, and Mean Gene. Thank you all. Sam's Seafood was really helpful to her and they were nice enough to bring up about four tikis from their basement storage to decorate the room with some "things unseen for many years."
Lastly, I want to thank all of you well wishers who couldn't be there with us on Friday. Pablus...you're too kind. Get well soon buddy.
ALOHA WAU IÂ `OE

We had a great time there hootin' and a hollerin" the night away. But oh boy was my back killing me that night. Kuke you one heavy mutha .....shut cho mouf! Thanks Hill!

K

DooDah kept me from posting these sooner.
Happy Birthday King. Sorry everbody else missed the Dawn Patrol at Bolsa Chica.

[ Edited by: Krustiki on 2004-11-23 19:57 ]

Pages: 1 2 61 replies