Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

dui (of kava)

Pages: 1 1 replies

I

All you cal-ee-for-nee-ya kava kava men had better watch out!

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California prosecutors are cracking down on kava-drinking motorists who are driving under the intoxicating influence of the herbal tea. . .

Following their first successful conviction in June, San Mateo County prosecutors have filed three other cases, after about a dozen motorists had been pulled over in recent years, said San Mateo Deputy District Attorney Chris Feasel on Monday. . .

Kava, while not considered as a drug by federal health officials, is classified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (news - web sites) as a nutritional supplement that can be used to relieve anxiety. . .

Motorists under the influence of Kava had a "thousand-yard stare", Feasel said. "They're drooling on themselves sometimes, their motor function is so bad," he added. . .

He said that police had pulled over kava-addled motorists who were swerving, veering into other lanes and drifting onto the road's shoulder. . .

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=857&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20041025/od_uk_nm/oukoe_odd_kava

They must have taken some strong roots, I could dj fine with three mugs of kava tea in my belly, the drooling ruined some Arthur Lyman sleeves :wink:
No, but seriously I felt some motor-related effects going to places afterwards. I didn’t feel like moving any faster (and didn’t have to luckily) - though my mind was convinient and pretty clear.

KK

Pages: 1 1 replies