Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

to Red Sox fans

Pages: 1 18 replies

To all the Red Sox fans ...

Congratulations .... and the next time you are at the Kowloon, raise a Suffering Bastard in the air and celebrate!

Vern

That's a No Longer Suffering 'Bastid'!
Da Sox Win! In our lifetime! :)

Do Sox fans lose a certain something though. It seems like the curse of teh Bambino that the Sox were plagued with since 1919 has given Sox fans a Charlie Brown complex that they have so willingly accpeted. It was almost as if it was okay to fail becaues no matter how hard the Sox tried, they always failed in the end. Now the Sox have become just another team. The mysitique is dead.

if only my dad had lived to see it! he was a huge red sox fan. cheers pop they finally did it!

The Sox are so stoked... 86 years they've been "cursed" ... The Babe must have finally found it within himself to smile on his old team. Raise your Mai Tais and drink to the Babe - and here's to the Red Sox - cursed no more!

TTK

A round of applause went up at Tiki-Ti tonight... I don't think that the crowd was especially filled with sports fanatics, but I think it's something that most anyone can be happy for Boston about. Congrats. Please don't kill anyone tonight.

Finally the team with the second highest payroll in baseball keeps the Yankees from buying the series.

Sox Rule!
It was a great season.

Now that the Red Sox have finally won, all I can say is GO CUBS! 8)

On 2004-10-28 10:20, cynfulcynner wrote:
Now that the Red Sox have finally won, all I can say is GO CUBS! 8)

Hey now, the Babe may've forgiven the Sox for selling him to the Yankees to finance "No No Nanette," but the Goat still hasn't forgiven the Cubs...

D

Congrats to all you Red Sox fans! Living in Chicago,your great season gives us hope!Of course,hell can't freeze over until the Cubs win...

J
JTD posted on Thu, Oct 28, 2004 5:13 PM

On 2004-10-27 22:44, suicide_sam wrote:
Do Sox fans lose a certain something though.

Sam,
Whatever it was, good riddance. In my adult life, I've been happy enough to cry three times. The third was last night. The other two were when my kids were born. Hopefully, what we'll lose will be the Red Sox fashionistas who've been accumulating the last few years like celebs to a "cause". Look out Cubs fans, here they come.

JTD

p.s. Just found this clip from Bill Simmons:

"Following a Ramirez single, Fox shows Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore wearing Red Sox sweatshirts and clapping excitedly. I wish I was actually driving the Red Sox Bandwagon right now, just so I could screech to a halt, whirl around, point to them and scream, "Get off! RIGHT NOW! I mean it! Get off! Move it! Gather your things and GET OFF!"

edited to add post script

[ Edited by: JTD on 2004-10-28 18:06 ]

All the talk of leaving Yankee Stadium (the house that Ruth built) must've broke the curse. Then again, the RSox played with spirit. I'm a Mets fan, which means I usually end up rooting for the Yanks in October, but I raise a toast to the Red Sox.

J

Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore were actually shooting scenes for an upcoming movie where Fallon plays a crazed Red Sox fan and Barrymore is the woman that loves him. They've been shooting all season on location at Fenway Park... Wednesday night during the on-field celebration a co-worker of mine swore up and down that he saw Fox cut away to a shot of Jimmy Fallon making out with someone. Guess he wasn't seeing things...

MB

On 2004-10-27 22:55, the drunken hat wrote:
if only my dad had lived to see it! he was a huge red sox fan. cheers pop they finally did it!

3 cheers to your Dad! I know others who would have love to see this moment too.
CHEERS!!

Fox shows Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore wearing Red Sox sweatshirts and clapping excitedly. I wish I was actually driving the Red Sox Bandwagon right now, just so I could screech to a halt, whirl around, point to them and scream, "Get off! RIGHT NOW! I mean it! Get off! Move it! Gather your things and GET OFF!"

[ Edited by: JTD on 2004-10-28 18:06 ]

I thought Jimmy Fallon was originally form boston, thats how he came up with the recurring scetch that he does with taht one girl on SNL about the high school couple form Boston. "Oh my God, tell me you got that on video!!!".

J
JTD posted on Fri, Oct 29, 2004 8:26 AM

Sam,
Jimmy Fallon was born in Brooklyn and raised a little upstate. The gal in that recurring sketch went to school in Boston and came up with the idea, according to the SNL special I recently saw. Anyway, it wasn't meant to be a swipe at Jimmy Fallon in particular (Drew Barrymore...hmm, maybe).
I just look forward to the Sox being a regular old team with a $120 million payroll :).

JTD

Oh thats what itw as then, yeah I thought one of teh two was freom there, I thought it was Fallon though. ANyways I do agree with the whole trying about everyone jumping on board now. I think it happens with almost any team that make sit all the way each year. I have a friend who used to hate teh Lakers, he used to cal them the "Fakers". When they won the 1st of teh 3 championships recently, he called me up and started proclaiming his long standing devotion to the Lakers. Also it seems when the Superbowl comes around he has been a lifetime fan of whichever team ends up winning, and always has been.

J

Pages: 1 18 replies