Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond BeeeZar!

Pages: 1 4 replies

D

K, not that anyone else on the planet is going to care one bit about this, but to bad cuz, I still have to share. Here goes.

This morning at about 6:50 my husband decided its time to get up. When he gets up he ALWAYS wakes me up. As I laid in bed squeezing my eyes shut tight, trying to keep out that annoying Saturday morning sunlight. Kidding myself by saying...go back to sleep, go back to sleep...
My brain swithces on, strange, wacky, annoying (like this post), abstract thoughts start running thru my head. Which is not an uncommon thing for my brain to do :P
I immediately start thinking about my Uncle Bruce who lives on the south western coast of Oregon but is planning on moving to the eastern part of the state soon. Which is the part of the Great Basin Desert (from what I am told). Which leads me to think about the desert, trains, and train robbers, then (for some unknown reason) in pops my head...the story about when Atomic Cocktail was on some tv show where his character was robbed on a train. Then I thinks to myself, "self..what has ever become of that Tiki Centrals Atomic Cocktail"? Hmmm?

CRAP!
I am not going to get back to sleep, am I? Nope!
So I get up, walk into the living room where my husband is sitting on the couch and has just turned on the TV right as I walk into the room. Not an uncommon thing to do.
I look at the tv and I swear my jaw hit the ground, I couldn't believe what I was looking at!
Ask me what I saw on my tv screen! Go ahead, ask!
Yes! It was our very own Atomic Cocktail standing there with his arms up in the air being robbed at gun point on "Wild West Tech".
Now mind you, I practically all but stopped watching televison, quite a few months ago. At most, I might glance at it, as I walk by if it's on. I did watch the debates...Although, I don't know why.
Anyway, I just had to put this on the boards and get it out of my head. My husband was less than thrilled to hear about yet another one of my "isn't that wierd" Tiki Central stories.
I gotta say I really was kinda freaked out by this.
Beyond BeeeeZar!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5287&forum=6

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-10-30 18:04 ]

Great Basin...one of the most magnificent places on earth...you know...geologicaly.

I'm sure you know it wasn't that long ago that Western Nevada had Rhinos and Camels trotting around it floridian fern forrests.

Quickly (for Mtns) the Sierras have risen, and are moving away from the Rockies, as well as taking all the moisture that once went over them but can't now.

The ranges in between the Sierras and Rockies run North to South (except where the Uentas and Wastatch meet) and occur about every 40 miles. They often are described as looking like a ships convoy. On thier peaks where mositur does collect, there are small animals who are now trapped in the mountian tops because they can't survive in the arrid deserts below, and over the past few million years, they have evolved into different species, just like Darwin's in the Galapagos, and Alfred Russell Wallace's in Indonesia.

It's all rite there in the Great Basin...and whore houses are legal in Nevada!

Hey DawnTiki, Speaking of Wild West Tech, Charles is soon to be on yet another episode of that show (again with his friend Jake the Movie Cowboy). This time it's a show about massacres (he's in the segment about the Great Mountain Meadow Massacre of 1857). And there's also another segment where he plays a striking miner.

We don't have the info yet on when it's airing, but we'll let you know if we find out. (Or maybe it'll just appear on TV just when you happen to be thinking of miners and massacres of the 19th century.) :)

D

I always thought AC had that "striking miner" air about him. What about getting him his own cable channel? All Atomic all the time! Hey ~ if it's was good enough for Oprah.

Funny you should mention a show because in addition to his forthcoming appearance on the History Channel, Atomic Cocktail will be appearing in his own show. I am not at liberty to talk about it. But we'll post more info when it comes closer to the momentous event.

Pages: 1 4 replies