Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

swashbuckler pirate painting..new...thor

Pages: 1 10 replies

T
THOR's posted on Wed, Nov 3, 2004 3:13 PM

Hello again. I just finished "Swashbuckler Sunrise" for my publishers in Hawaii. Also, currently commissioned to do the main art for the rooms of the new Polynesian Resort in Walt Disney World.
Hope you like this painting..its a fantasy piece about the imagination of kids on the beach in Hawaii pretending they are Pirates and making forts and ships out of driftwood,crates and things from their garages...ther's a coconut launching "coco-pult" made of an old wagon, shovel and bike innertube. Kids "duel" with bamboo swords with chlorox bottle hand guards, toilet plungers for peglegs....and so on. I would love your feedback!! Things are selling great in Hawaii, but I am looking to start publishing on mainland. This painting and the others are currently being shown in Waikiki at the Tabora/Diamond Head galerie in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping plaza. View my new website at: http://www.tomthordarson.com
Aloha!!! ~~~THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-11-03 15:17 ]

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-11-03 16:57 ]

[ Edited by: THOR's on 2004-11-03 17:04 ]

Y

Can you say "awesome"?

[ Edited by: yumyumkid on 2004-11-03 15:41 ]

SF

Wow Thor, great piece. You're an amazing painter. Do you give lessons? Thanks for posting it.

T
THOR's posted on Wed, Nov 3, 2004 6:39 PM

Swamp!! You don't need lessons.. I re~~~y love your work!!! You will get a kick out of a series of pieces I have on the board that are more Tiki/cocktail oriented....I will look forward to your feedback! Keep painting..seriously I like your style. I taught painting at the Pasadena Art Center College of Design part time when I was at Disney for eight years. I promise..you have the skills..now paint the visions!~~
!!Mahalo ~~ THOR

F

Man, I would give anything for just the tiniest little fraction of that talent. That is really good stuff. Amazing.

On 2004-11-03 17:35, Swamp Fire wrote:
Do you give lessons? Thanks for posting it.

Swamp, what the hell are you talkin about?
I own two of your prints with pride.

Thor, Your work is truly beautiful.
You definitely have that gift of an Imagineer. Glad to see you got out of there (Disney)and went on your own.
I hope to own one of your prints some day.
Keep it up!

T

Thanks again for the apreciation! feedback is always what artists need more than anything.. It's funny.. I see that so many view my paintings here..but a fraction actu~~~y write a comment!! I am told so often when I do shows in Hawaii about this site by tourists..and that I should post here because the work will be well recieved. I know this work is expensive as "fine-art" The Publishers are aiming this work at a "collectors" market I am told. I am working on getting some prints other than the mini-prints available at Diamod Head Glry. Anyway..I thank those that give me feedback greatly..it guides me to what I paint next.
Magic Wishes!!~~~ ~~THOR

That is truly beautiful , please share more as I now cant wait to see the more tiki/ cocktail stuff you mentioned .

Thor,
I just visited your website and I am completely blown away. You're artwork is AMAZING. How long does it take to paint each of your originals? The use of light and the detail is incredible!

Thor,
I just visited your website and I am completely blown away. You're artwork is AMAZING. How long does it take to paint each of your originals? The use of light and the detail is incredible!

Thor, this is a picture that takes you back to a distant, half-remembered fantasy place. I am so impressed when an artist is able to reach deep inside and recapture the imagination of a child. You're truly talented to be able put into your paintings those feelings and impressions that elude us as adults.

A-A

Pages: 1 10 replies