Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Cruz Island 11/13/04

Pages: 1 15 replies

OL

Anyone else planning on attending the Cruz Island show in Redondo Beach, CA on November 13, 2004? The flyer says it will be vintage surf, skate, and Hawaiiana. Here's the link:

http://www.aloha-cruz.com/

DZ

Well, the show they have over the summer is exclusively vintage - this November show was originally NEW products ONLY, but it looks like they've added vintage stuff to the line up now. I usually go to the summer show, even though I don't often buy much; I'm not sure about this one - I'm afraid it will be a whole lotta "Target/Kohls-type" new stuff.

But I'll probably go anyhow...

Ookoo Lady: What time are you & Krustiki going?

(BTW: folks coming in from out of town for this - be sure to stick around to see a rare appearance of Project Pimento at the Purple Orchid later that night!)

TM

I'll have a booth at the show. Stop by and say hi.

CA

most of the venders that were in long beach should be at this event too... me, tony... make a day of it and go the the PO to see Proj.Pimento!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11673&forum=4&0

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-11-07 11:36 ]

T

yup, I'll be right next to Al. I'll be carving, and set up at the adrift bamboo hut. Hope to see you all there so I can pay off this grarly school loan!!!

CA

oh' ya... go for the sympathy vote why dont'ca

M

I normally sell at da vintage show... but was not interested in De New Stuff!!
I'll sheck it out.

Gotta support the tiki peeps.
Anyone wanna hang???

MTK

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2004-11-10 16:39 ]

Hey guys!

"Mean Gene" aka "Gene of the Jungle" will be in the house....I mean the gym.
I'll be sharing a booth with "Tyger Jimmy" from Fins and Flames. He's the cat with the big swordfish with flames and a few other things.

Se ya there!

H

hey, since it is open till 5 or 6 pm, maybe I will drop in later mid day. See you all there. Sounds like fun.

MG

What's going on up there tonight? I'm cruising up by myself and setting up at 6 pm. Then I'll be ready to party! I don't get up to that area much. I'll either be staying on my friends boat in Long Beach or camping out in the big ol' van. Anyone else setting up tonight?

Thanks, Gene

MG

OH YA!
Don't forget to ask me for the TC DISCOUNT.

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-11-12 08:28 ]

On 2004-11-10 23:00, MEAN GENE wrote:
Hey guys!

"Mean Gene" aka "Gene of the Jungle" will be in the house....I mean the gym.

Wouldn't that make you "Gene of the Jungle Gym?" :wink:

I'm with you MTKahuna,

I'm not too much into the new tiki stuff but am going with madame Bong to see our friends (and those that hate me).

DZ

I'm thinking of gettin' there late morning - 11:30-ish. Anyone for a late brunch at King's Hawaiian afterwards?

Good tiki shopping and wonderful to see Crazy Al, SugarCaddyDaddy and TiKiTOny & the ADrift crew.

I need to move into a new place, I'm running out of room for any more tiki stuff.

H

I had the best time and was real lucky with some tiki finds. Nice meeting Vontiki I & II. and Mean Gene. Crazy Al and etc. etc. FUN.

Pages: 1 15 replies