Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

"Sam's Dinky Noggin" and "Sam's Shrunken Head" mugs from Tiki Farm coming soon (promo, pg.3)...

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

Just posting to say that Tiki Farm has been working on a mug based on my "Shrunken Tiki" painting.

Holden has sent me the early stage pics of the clay sculpt, and they have done a BEAUTIFUL job on it so far (even in the very early stages yet!) I will be able to post the clay pics tonight.

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-11-17 12:37 ]

HT

wooohoo!

V

Congratulation. I always loved that painting. You must be very proud of that new baby of yours.

Thanks, Hale Tiki and virani. Yes, I'm very proud. It feels great to have Tiki Farm work their magic on my artwork.

B

ongratulations Sam Way to go
Happy Happy Happy

HT

That's going to be one ugly mother f#$%in mug. In a good way, of course.

Thanks, Ben and Hale Tiki! Here are the first stage clay sculpt pics...

N

Hey Sam that is one kool lookin mug. Congrats! I cant wait to get on of these. Are they limited or a open mug?

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-11-10 17:28 ]

How cool is that? You know I want one.

V

Sweeet! gotta have it!

Nice going Sam and Tiki Farm, Awesome news! That is going to be a pretty unique mug! I like dig the blue, Are you are going to do it in other colors too?
Way to go!

Chongolio

oh dear god, thats a must have mug!!!1....when they plannin on releasin this sucker????

Instant classic! Is this a limited edition, Sam? That's a must have!

A-A

Thanks for all of your kind words.

Net-tiki and Aaron's Akua, I'm thinking it will be an open edition, but Holden has the last word on that.

Thanks, Raffertiki and VonTiki!

Thanks too, Chongo. I'm not really sure if it will be done in different colors, but the twine will be hand-painted in a different color than the rest of the mug.

Hala bullhiki, it's set to come out in Spring of 2005.

Thanks for all of your compliments. They made my day!

Cool mug Sam, can't wait to pick it up. My Sam Gambino painting "Consultation In Blue" is the pride of my tiki collection, your stuff is great.

Thanks McDougall - That moai of yours is sure a fine carving as well!

Awesome stuff! Put me on the list -- I want one!

That mug looks great. It really translated nicely into a fantastic piece.

Hey Sam the mug looks great. Love the stitching on the back. I will for sure want one for my collection. I bet it will be a big seller.

Thanks a bunch, Polynesian Pop, Aloha Station, and Swamp Fire. I really appreciate your kind words!

I don't thank you Sam, I curse you!

Another beautiful mug I cannot do without!

Looks like more of my hard earned bucks are heading stateside.

(well done to all concerned. Great design Sam, keep up the great artwork)

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-11-11 09:59 ]

Sweet! Now I understand why tropical drinks always come with straws!

Sam The Man comes through again!
I hope it comes out after Christmas because Tiki is killing my present $ funds.

Thanks, Kon-Hemsby, Tiki-bot and Unga Bunga. It is set to come out in the Spring, so it shouldn't interfere with any holiday "coin". :)

M

Excellent job Sam. This is one talented community we have here and you're one of the stars. Confratulations on your first mug. You know I'll buy one.

I really appreciate the compliment, MachTiki. I'm glad that you like the mug design too.

I was going to chime in with an "I want one too!" - but honestly - this is one of those rare mugs that makes me want to buy 8 of them and serve a special drink in it...

Wonderful wonderful design Sam!

Congrates Sam, looks awesome!

Thanks, Tikitronic and Flounder. The design was pretty simple to come up with - that's how I look when I've been inhaling too much 1-Shot enamel. :)

K

That is is one awesome looking mug, a great sculpt! I'll have to get in line for one of those too. Major props to Sam Gambino an Tiki Farm.

SAM!!!!

That mug is TOO COOL! A great shrunken head makes its debut as a mug! Can't wait to see it in the (rotten, shrunken) flesh!

Does Tiki Farm need anyone to sweep up around the place? At the rate good mugs are coming out I'm gonna need an employee discount.

Thanks, kauno, Polynesiac and Tiki Gardener. I agree that Tiki Farm has done a very fine job with the sculpting.

Here's our official promo for Sam's Shrunken Head AND Sam's Dinky Noggin...

The promo's for print, not designed for the web so the smaller text is kind of grainy (it reads "wax sculpt shown"). Sam's design is complete with a stiched-up/sutured reverse section on each of the shrunken heads.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-11-16 19:02 ]

Those are going to be awesome.Huge congrats to Sam and TikiFarm. I may have to try to get one.

Is that the final color? Will there be blue ones?

Thanks much, rodeotiki.
Raffertiki - That's just the wax sculpt in the pic. The color or colors have not been nailed as of yet.

Sam, I just received my Sam's Shrunken Head mug today via Fed Ex. I pre-ordered it at Oasis and live pretty close to Tiki Farm, so this must be the first batch to be sent out. I love this mug! Looking over the Tiki Farm inventory - this is a really unique offering. Love the blue glaze and the extra stitching on the back to keep the alcohol from leaking! Take some pride in this one Sam, you've definitely earned it!

Mahalo,

A-A

H

Hey Sam

I missed this thread back in the day. Awesome looking mug. Of course, they ahd a great design to work with. Love it. How about a hypnotiki mug too? Now you can ogle your Gambino art and drink it too.

FA

On 2005-09-17 21:41, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Love the blue glaze and the extra stitching on the back to keep the alcohol from leaking! Take some pride in this one Sam, you've definitely earned it!

Mahalo,A-A

Just ordered the green and purple from Tiki Farm. There is no blue on the farm site, but I did find it on the After5 website. I think I ordered two shots and not the blue mug by the way it looks.
http://www.after5catalog.com/product/098-05002.aspx

[ Edited by: Fez Ape 2005-09-18 01:46 ]

Thanks, for posting and for the comps, A-A. I hadn't received mine as of yet, but now, I'm even more anxious to get them. Thanks for the kind words, hewey and Fez Ape. I appreciate the After 5 link too!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2005-09-18 12:50 ]

Will these be available at the Hukilau?

I figure I could save the shipping and handling charges.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2005 6:10 PM

Oh man I cant wait.....heheheheh

Hey El Bastardo- I won't be at Hukilau, but Tiki Farm might. If they are there, then they may have some of these with them. Thanks, too kirby.

B

Sam, these guys are definitely awesome. They say Sam Gambino all ofer them. We are proud, Sir.

On 2005-09-19 11:05, Benzart wrote:
They say Sam Gambino all ofer them.

Thanks, Ben. That's true in more ways than one... it's exactly how I look first thing in the morning.... :wink:

K

On 2005-09-19 08:55, Sam Gambino wrote:
Hey El Bastardo- I won't be at Hukilau, but Tiki Farm might. If they are there, then they may have some of these with them. Thanks, too kirby.

sammy, It sounds here like your giving me credit for sumthin, but im not sure what,haha.You desirve all the success in the world,your a great artist, I hope I can reach your level sumday,hmmm... how bout today,are you ready to pass the torch...jk...

Hey kirby-

Thanks for the kind compliment! You've been turning out some really fine stuff lately with lots of your own style showing in it. Keep up the fine work!

Pages: 1 2 53 replies