Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Need Trader Vic's reviews for Tiki News!

Pages: 1 11 replies

While both drunk at a promo party over at the new Trader Vic's in SF, I finally persuaded Otto to finally put out a NEW issue of TIKI NEWS! He actually remembered his agreement the next day and is procuring my aid. I'm his Monkey Boy! He wanted me to post the following "want ad" - if you can help, please send directly to [email protected]. His deadline for the new issue is March 2005
(yes, long before Vander goes away to college)! More requests to come...

I am looking for reviews with pictures of overseas Trader Vic's
Pictures should be at least 2 in x 3 in 300 dpi or approx 1 MB
Need 3 - 10 images

I already have reviews of the following locations
Bangcock
Cuba
London
Munich
Osaka
Beruit
Mirabel, Spain
San Francisco

T

The Cuba location is not a Trader Vic's anymore but it was at one time. It was reviewed in an old issue of Tiki News.

The one in Spain is actually in Marbella.

I would be happy to provide a review of San Francisco after I get back from Europe.

M

Deducting the reviews Otto already has, it seems he needs reviews for only these locations;

Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.A.
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
Emeryville, California, U.S.A.
Palo Alto, California, U.S.A.
Manama, Bahrain
Cairo, Egypt
Berlin, Germany
Hamburg, Germany
Tokyo, Japan
Muscat, Oman
Taipei, Taiwan
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Al Ain, U.A.E.
Dubai, U.A.E.

I got SF and E'ville, Jab. Smiley's services are also being recruited for the new ish.

BTW, jab - have a swingin' time in London. And I didn't get any tix for the Spacey Darin gig at Bimbo's either - sold out in 10 minutes!

I send berlin now!

Well, I can nail down a Chicago review, natch. I'm a big fan of the Atlanta location, and wish I could have gushed more about it in TRT. I'll take this as a good excuse to do so, so count me in for some ink on tha Atlanta store too. I'll email them to Otto within a week or so (trying to get caught up from my trip!).

Uh oh, the Big Kahuna just told me this will be the INTERNATIONAL ISSUE so he won't need reviews of the stateside TV's after all, just those abroad. Like we're all a bunch of globe-trotting, jet-setting secret agents. Anyway, for you worldly travelers, check out Smiley's list above, pick the ones overseas, and send a QUERY first to Otto so he knows to "hold" that one for you.

I'm writing a brief thing on the SF TV's for a section on new tiki bars in general, if you have any local dives you wanna plug, I would send that in, too.

[ Edited by: AquaZombie on 2004-11-17 11:48 ]

Well if anybody is a globetrotting Tiki agent, it's Danny (Chiki), leaving his woodshavings from London to Berlin to Barcelona!
I'm supposed to review Berlin Tiki in general, so I also will mention TV Berlin, and I did Hamburg in a previous TN. Will there be a rating system?

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-11-17 12:42 ]

In case anything changes, or for a future issue, I'd be happy to donate my Bev Hills reveiw:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6957&forum=2&

T

I just put up my Trader Vic's Tokyo pics in locating Tiki... so I can help! I have more pics too.

I think I offered a review of the Hamburg TV a long time back, and Otto told me he already had featured one. If anybody cares to check that, but I’m pretty positive. The Hamburg Trader didn’t change, which is good thing.

KK

N

Just an update.

Just got back from Egypt; I planned to try and visit Trader Vic's. Schedule didn't permit, but I was able to speak to several people by phone at the Sheraton Royal Gardens Hotel, where TV's was located.

Seems both Trader Vic's Cairo and Senor Pico's closed 2-3 years ago. Bummer.

No other Tiki was observed.

Egypt, however, was absolutely amazing.

Peace.

Scott

Pages: 1 11 replies