Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Is it wrong to not want a wife....

Pages: 1 35 replies

I mean, wouldn't it be cheaper to rent?

(or maybe lease and see what the residual's worth)

You could even sublease once in a while.

Subleasing is still too much of a commitment , thats why god created hotels by the hour :)

if i were y'all i'd brace for a terse rebuttal or two...

Bong... You f'n kill me every time. Just when I think it's safe to scan the forums POW you knock us off keel. Keep up the good work!

On 2004-11-18 11:13, Tiki_Bong wrote:

(or maybe lease and see what the residual's worth)

Some say that a wife, like a house, increases in value over time and that such happiness is invaluable . . . .

Of course others say, when you get tired of a wife, like a house, cash out and move on to the next.

DZ

On 2004-11-18 12:06, hula hula wrote:
Subleasing is still too much of a commitment , thats why god created hotels by the hour :)

It's intersting to see the threads that bring our beloved HulaHula out of hiding!

often it's a unanimous vox populai choice made by the perspective victims.

On 2004-11-18 20:02, Gigantalope wrote:

"Unanimous vox populai" just happens to be one of my biggest unsubstantiated fears. :wink:

On 2004-11-18 20:16, Bamboo Dude wrote:

On 2004-11-18 20:02, Gigantalope wrote:

"Unanimous vox populai" just happens to be one of my biggest unsubstantiated fears. :wink:

Oh come now Bamboo Dude, after all, vox populi, vox Dei!!! (Wait a minute... perhaps we should be scared after all...)

Oh, y'all are just a bunch of unrepentant romantic smooth talkers!

I think my dad used to drive a vox populai, no wait, it was a Ford popular, nevermind.

Vauxhaull?

I use to feel sorry for myself because I had no wife, until I met a man with no hands

I'm always on the lookout for a FORMER Mrs. Aquaorama.

Duh. That's what pre-nups are for.

I actually would LIKE to have a wife.

On 2004-11-19 17:28, Futura Girl wrote:

Me too! Someone to cook and clean and iron and plan the parties, while all I have to do is bring home the bacon. Then, when we decide the have kids and realize the budget is tight, send em off to work but they still have to cook and clean and such. Periodically pick up a hammer and bang something so you can say "I contribute to the household chores."

At least, that's how my parents did it, and they're still together...

Notice the "Help Wanted" sign in the window.

D

Being a gal, of COURSE I'd like a wife! Someone to do all the drudge work,someone who would leave a finished to-do list at the end of the day,so I could again become the naughty little vixen my husband married.We can both dream.

Here here, I whole-heartedly agree, however, with one modification; I think the thing we women need is a damn good man-wife.

(Drudge work with the fringe benefits!)

[ Edited by: Beatnikine on 2004-11-19 23:27 ]

I could use a wife to stand in line for me at the post office and the DMV, sit around the house waiting for the cable guy to show up, and have a healthy dinner waiting as soon as I get home from work, dammit!

They really exist! 8)

Are you looking for the convenience of having a WIFE without the commitment? Are you considering marriage but wish you could test it out first? Do you wish to be an experienced husband before actually finding the right woman? Then I'm the wife for you!

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/13028015.html

Hah! Cynner, that's great. Although I get the feeling a jilted husband wrote it and not an actual rent-a-wife.

D

Boy,the gal in that ad really has up the ante!Wonder how long she could keep all of that up?

At first I couldn't relate to the question, but then it slowly dawned on me. He was asking if it was wrong to not want "A" wife!

Purely a grammatical play on words endorsing polygamy!

I'm behind ya on that, it shouldn't be wrong to not want "A" wife, carry on my polygamist bretheren.

(Bong's plot tingles at the mental images that do flow from that thought...)

S

Are we talking about having one of our own or having someone else's?

On 2004-11-20 13:13, Tiki_Bong wrote:

(Bong's plot tingles at the mental images that do flow from that thought...)

Bong...getcher mind outta da gutter. Lenny Bruce said: "every man wants a wife that's part kindergarden teacher and part $500.00 a nite Las Vegas hooker". Robert Crumb related a conversation with his dad in the documentary "Crumb":"I told my dad that I wasn't getting married. He said "ah, you'll marry the first one that comes along" and he was right". I guess a happy marriage is what we make it. There's no free lunch.

On 2004-11-20 20:39, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
There's no free lunch.

My problem is that I always order the desert first.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bong on 2004-11-20 21:24 ]

I know it is goofy, BUT
I would not trade what I have for Nuttin, but
I like to look at what everybody else has but,
I got what I chose, I just hope she feels the same.
Nobody can rent this feeling, but
You can rent Bong, and
He is willing to be anybody's Bitch at any time.
It's kinda like what Carl says
If some men did not have women, they would starve ?

A relative of mine once said "A man's job is to impregnate every woman on the planet!"
Wife or no wife, beard or no beard.

JT - was his name Ol' Dirty Bastard?

No, but he was only able to impregnate one woman.....ever.

H

hey I will take Bong to be my bitch at any time

On 2004-11-21 09:40, thebaxdog wrote:
I know it is goofy, BUT
I would not trade what I have for Nuttin, but
I like to look at what everybody else has but,
I got what I chose, I just hope she feels the same.
Nobody can rent this feeling, but
You can rent Bong, and
He is willing to be anybody's Bitch at any time.
It's kinda like what Carl says
If some men did not have women, they would starve ?

Baxdog - This is beautiful*; though I don't know you, I think your wife found herself a damn good catch.

• the "I would not trade what I have for Nuttin" part as opposed to the bong bitch part :wink:

Hey Bong. I have a friend...a strange fellow, owns his own business, and is quite independent.

He decided long ago not to get married. He goes whoring about 3 times a year. (Quite the authority on the topic too) He travels to Bremen, or Warsaw, Thailand, where ever the whoring is said to be top notch. (Lot's of mini vacations to San Francisco where I guess there are tons of them too)

His choices have been calculated and he's just decided that's how he likes to live.
I find many of his choices quite disturbing, but I enjoy talking with him. He so bluntly honest, it's interesting.

I'm happy married...dull story...but to answer your question, lots of people go different directions.

Pages: 1 35 replies