Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Shag With a Twist

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

C

This is Cindy, director of Shag With a Twist. I would like to invite Tiki Central members to the show for $10 off, and a free drink at the tiki bar. Just call
888-515-SHAG and mention Tiki Central. If you haven't heard about us, please check us out at http://www.shagwithatwist.com I hope to see you there.

I chatted with Cindy earlier in an email and when she told me about the Tiki Central discount I asked her to post here. I want to thank her and the entire production for offering a discount to some of Shag's biggest fans. Mahalo!

also - check out the 1/2 off tickets offer on Lotta Living for specific dates...
http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3284

Your Ultra Style Guide for Modern Living!

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2005-04-12 01:39 ]

I live in Ft Lauderdale, but am considering flying out to CA sometime to see this show. How long is it running for? (Or was that posted already, and I missed it? sorry if that's the case! lol!)

I would like to book a flight out there and see it sometime! :D

It looks faboo!

On 2005-04-13 11:06, Tikilicious wrote:
I live in Ft Lauderdale, but am considering flying out to CA sometime to see this show. How long is it running for? (Or was that posted already, and I missed it? sorry if that's the case! lol!)

I would like to book a flight out there and see it sometime! :D

It looks faboo!

It is a great show! What a trip it would be: Tiki Ti, Bahooka, Sam's, Lucky Tiki, etc and the SWAT show. Last I checked it runs until June 11.

C

Shag is coming Friday April 15. We are making a dvd of the show. He was happy to let Tiki Central know.

Cindy

Dang! I wish I would have read this before I reserved my tix for the 23rd. Oh well, at least I get to see the show!

Wow! I loved this show! Loved the "operation" the Hullabaloo dancers and all the characters. Those who are familiar with Shag's paintings will recognize the characters immediately!

Tiki Matt & Ben, the bars were amazing! So much better in person than the photos show.

My friend wanted to go to Tiki Ti afterwards. I'd never been so I was anxious... bad idea. We opened the door to see sardines nicely packed in their own juices. The nice woman at the door told us we were number 1 & 2 in line. We stood outside (along with 20 other people who joined us) in the rain for 20 minutes before deciding we should just come back one afternoon. Too many happy campers in there!

I

The LA Weekly just came out with their review of 'Shag With a Twist.'

Thumbs up line - "His droll tableaux of jet-setting swingers and wolf-headed Lotharios don’t merely replicate the visual tropes of the early, pre-lysergic 1960s, they authentically reflect that period’s hedonistic hubris and embrace of the cool."

Thumbs down line - "..... even though retro has become such a given in the world of fashion and entertainment, it remains a sterile construct, an altar of imitation and mugging."

The full review can be seen here - http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/25/theater-mikulan.php (scroll down to mid-page)

Vern

[ Edited by: ikitnrev on 2005-05-13 19:30 ]

Shag with a Twist has extended its show dates. On Friday Nights you can catch a FREE Shuttle bus from Ports of Call (San Pedro) to/from the show. If you take the bus be ready for Mai Tai's and Muchies. Woo Hoo! :)

If you haven't seen it yet and still want to here are the dates:

June 17th and 18th Friday/Saturday 8:00 PM

June 24th and 25th Friday/Saturday 8:00 PM

Since we haven't seen it yet, and tomorrow is the last day, and it's half price tickets if you mention "tiki news" at the box office, Krustiki and I are planning on going to see it tomorrow. Anyone else going to be there?

S

I'll be there. Maybe with Mrs. Spy-tiki.

C
Cindy posted on Sun, Jun 26, 2005 9:31 PM

Shag With a Twist had its final LA show last night. The show will not be gone for long. I will keep you posted on the show's future. Thank you Tiki Central for your support. You were Great!

Pages: 1 2 61 replies