Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

some of my paintings (new London Luau painting Pg 2)

Pages: 1 29 replies

Hi guys, thought i would post a link to some of my tiki paintings, the site is pretty old and ive got some new work to go up, take a look and let me know what you think
http://www.designcherry.com/tikitiki
cheers
BoB

[ Edited by: Bobby Peru on 2005-03-15 00:24 ]

[ Edited by: Bobby Peru 2006-06-10 02:14 ]

T

Nice work. Great detail.

K

Nice stuff. Your username rules by the way.

That's really nice stuff BP.
do you consider going into other mediums? The unusual placement and great background depth would make for some splendid textiles.

Good on ya.

cheers guys
I havent really thought to much about textiles, although one of my friends is really into that side of things so I will have to talk to her & see how we go.
I have played around with some carving, catching up with a friend of mine Anj & jammie (cheekytiki) & reading through all of the posts on here has really got me inspired.
I have about 5 paintings on the go at the moment and another half dozen completed so I will post more pics soon.

cheers
BoB

B

Very cool work!!

really like your work! Definitely post some of your new work.

tj

here is one of my new pieces

[ Edited by: Bobby Peru on 2004-11-25 03:30 ]

Ok let me have it, good bad or ugly.
honest " i can take it"

cheers
BoB

I like it , keep them coming.

Hey BoB
Good to see you on here, we just got back into Sydney so maybe we can meet up and see them for real.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Nov 26, 2004 1:09 AM

Mate - I love the work.

Cool to see a fellow sydney-sider on here as well. Are there many of us? How does the tiki stuff go down with the Sydney public?

I'm already looking up the gallery so i can check them out in person.

BP, I like all your work, but the underwater ones really stand out for me. This new baracuda one kicks ass.

H

I love seeing the underwater detail, the way the lighting has been done.

I also love that a tiki has been used as an anchor - a subtle observation of society and how it views tiki culture?

here is one I have been working on, i'm not sure if it is finished or not.

B

Yo Bobby, your art is Really cool. I love the lighting and the coloring of the underwater scenes. Your tikis are also Very expressive. Noce Work. You could hang around my walls anytime!

Hey, BP, very nice work! It has a unique style too. Keep posting.

http://www.samgambino.com

VERY cool! I'm very, very impressed.

Good stuff Bob!

Loverly!

I really like the mixture of tiki and ocean. Makes me think of some lost surf gods.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2005 4:42 PM

Again, that piece is awesome. Loving your stuff.

I heard a quote that art is never finished. it is merely abandoned.

You dont do prints of your work do you?

guys
My artwork is now for sale in the UK through http://www.cheekytiki.com so if you are over that way check em out.

heres the piece I have been working on for the London Luau exhibition.
Its inspired by a recent trip to the Cook islands. ( check tiki travel for some pics.)

cheers
BoB

Ok how do I swap this to the "other crafts" section?

cheers
Bob

K

These underwater tikis are great. As one with an aversion to putting my head underwater, I can see I'm really missing out.

I've always been a huge fan of paintings that show the power of nature takingover. I'm thinking in particular of an artist (and I can't remember his name at this moment!) who went through ancient egypt in the late 1800's painting the ruins under gobs of sand with a few small people and camals milling about. That is the image that comes to mind when I see your underwater archealogy type paintings. The mystery of fallen civilizations. I absolutley love them. who ever is fortunate enough to purchase this piece is one lucky art hound indeed. Excellent work.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 8:50 PM

Thats awesome man! Great to see some new work - its been a long wait though!

Love it - great piece. Have you considered doing prints?

thanks for the great feedback guys.
Kc it really is a beautiful world down there, glad I can bring a little of it to you.

Polynesiac, I love art that makes you use your imagination so it is a huge compliment that you find that in my work.

Hewey, Its great to be painting again, glad you like it

cheers guys
Bob

About bloody time Bob - does this mean your website will be up to date too!!?? Great stuff! If you catch up with the cheekytiki crew can you pass on my regards - are they venturing up to QLD this time? I had the chance to meet them at my Luau a couple of years ago - it was pretty hectic - but managed to share a beer and have a quick yarn. Love to spend a bit more time with them without the "playing host to the hourds" stress. Back to the paint brush with ya!

Pages: 1 29 replies