Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Why are we still calling them stamps????

Pages: 1 14 replies

8T

I'm waiting in line at the post office and looking at the display case with all of the stamp designs you can select. Then I got to thinking that we are buying stamps and they are really giving us stickers. I don't mind not having to lick the darn things though. That always was a bit gross. Did you ever see someone in the post office lobby who decided not to lick a stamp but spit on it and rubbed it around with their finger?
That was me. By the way, did you get the letter I sent you?

Haaa, I thought I was the only one with such phobia about licking the backside of presidents.

I actually used either glue/water mix or Rubber cement if I was sending to friends so they could reuse the stamps.

On 2004-11-20 18:40, 8FT Tiki wrote:
I don't mind not having to lick the darn things though. That always was a bit gross.

Not to mention that a stamp is 1/2 a calorie. So a bride to be that's trying to lose weight (as every bride to be is) might send out 200 invites. that's 100 extra calories!

The creepy thing to me is, when you open a letter that has been licked closed, what if the person sending it has a cold? Germs. GERMS I TELL YOU. microscopic germs. all around me. I'm gonna take a shower now.

-Z

I was always more worried about a paper cut on my tongue when licking stamps.

(unintentionally that was/is/will be...).

Some guy in a bar was trying to convince me that the government was out to steal just his DNA, and that's why he never licks stamps or envelopes. The saddest part about that, is that must have been what he thought was his best line!

On 2004-11-20 20:38, ZebraTiki wrote:
Some guy in a bar was trying to convince me that the government was out to steal just his DNA, and that's why he never licks stamps or envelopes. The saddest part about that, is that must have been what he thought was his best line!

I hope you told him you worked for the government.

If the envelope or the stamp had a mouth,
They would be smiling when I get done.
If you don't believe that,
Just ask my next door Neighbor's Wife
(we plan parties together)
And that big all day sucker I had when I was 6

When this stops being fun
It's our fault
Have no brakes Cannot stop
Happydog (What can I do?)

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2004-11-21 09:59 ]

On 2004-11-20 18:40, 8FT Tiki wrote:
I'm waiting in line at the post office and looking at the display case with all of the stamp designs you can select. Then I got to thinking that we are buying stamps and they are really giving us stickers. I don't mind not having to lick the darn things though. That always was a bit gross. Did you ever see someone in the post office lobby who decided not to lick a stamp but spit on it and rubbed it around with their finger?
That was me. By the way, did you get the letter I sent you?

There are a very few stamps still released occasionally that are actually stamps (lick and stick), mainly coils.

Because they're so expensive they.....make me want to...stamp my foot?

MT

Sounds like you were drinkin' with the Zodiac Killer! And your profile lists you as being from the Bay Area, which is - oopsy - Zodiac territory! No worries though, I'm sure his best lines were saved for his victims, or letters to the Chronicle.

Yeah; if you're going to use stamps or envelopes in the commission of a crime, or to conspire about a crime with someone else, one might want to use a damp sponge to affix the stamps or seal the envelope, the way they do at some post offices (ever see those usually dried-out, filthy sponges in the little glass containers?).

Dr. Lechter, that is indeed a helpful tip.

Personally speaking, I have always thought the best way to commit a crime is just to "be yourself" and try to have a little fun whilst doing it. Try to be original. Leave a signature calling card. Something they wil remember for a long, long time.

You know what I am talking about, right?

On 2007-02-18 11:05, lucas vigor wrote:
Dr. Lechter, that is indeed a helpful tip.

Personally speaking, I have always thought the best way to commit a crime is just to "be yourself" and try to have a little fun whilst doing it. Try to be original. Leave a signature calling card. Something they wil remember for a long, long time.

You know what I am talking about, right?

Please alert the rest of us where the post by Dr. Lechter is so we can be clearer about what you're talking about.

TM

Dr. Lechter, make no mistakes: You are not one of "us".

MT

On 2007-02-18 10:33, Daniel C. Boyer wrote:
Yeah; if you're going to use stamps or envelopes in the commission of a crime, or to conspire about a crime with someone else, one might want to use a damp sponge to affix the stamps or seal the envelope, the way they do at some post offices (ever see those usually dried-out, filthy sponges in the little glass containers?).

Or make someone else lick the stamps instead. Such as your victims that are trapped down in the basement well.

Pages: 1 14 replies