Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How to Avoid Flu ;)

Pages: 1 5 replies

10 ways to Avoid Flu

1. Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
  2. Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin c.
  3. Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system.
  4. Walk for at least 1/2 an hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.
  5. Wash your hands often.
  6. Get lots of fresh air.
  7. Get plenty of rest.
  8. Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

And ...
10. Take the doctors office approach. Think about it, when you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol. Why? Because alcohol kills germs.

So ... I walk to the liquor store (exercise), I put lime juice in my Mai Tai (fruit + vitamin c), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh air), get drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest). The way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up, flu germs can't get you!

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.·:* .·*·. :·.
.·:¨¨`:·.
·. .·* .·:´¨¨:·.
.·:* /. ·*· . *:·.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."

[ Edited by: Tikibelle on 2004-11-21 03:57 ]

Echinacea and Goldenseal are each a recognized treatment for cold and flu symptoms and as leading cold fighters.

Echinacea increases the production of interferon, which helps the body ward off viral infections.

Goldenseal seems to affect the body’s mucous membranes by drying up secretions, reducing inflammation and fighting infection.

[i]On 2004-11-21 03:54, Tikibelle wrote:

.·:*  _.·*·._  *:·.  
   .·:*¨¨`*:·.*·.    .·* .·:*´¨¨*:·.  
         .·:*  /. ·*· .  *:·.  

Tikibelle,

Does Pixie dust also help fight colds?

H

I can wrap 10 in 1. Dont kiss anyone who has the flu.

With all the booze in my body, every microbe that reaches my blood stream dies on contact.

On 2004-11-21 21:44, Unga Bunga wrote:
With all the booze in my body, every microbe that reaches my blood stream dies on contact.

I'm inclined to agree on this one actually. When I feel a cold or something coming on (sore throat) I drink .5 to 1 bottles of red wine (it soothes the sore throat as well) and then get about 9 or 10 hours of sleep overdressed in pajamas, socks, sweatshirts, with extra blankets on and the heater on high. Between the alcohol in the blood and the sweating out of toxins all night, you wake up the next day feeling right as rain.

Earlier, in grad school, my method was to go for a hard jog (3 miles or so) - which also helped sweat out toxins and raise the metabolism to fight stuff off faster.

But the drinking and sleeping method is more fun.

You have to do this on the first day or its too late.

How i managed to not get sick after the trip to easter island, where everyone around me got sick with a cold, can only be attributed to the massive amounts of alcohol I consumed.

Pages: 1 5 replies