Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"The Lucky Tiki" (Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 140 replies

TB

Hello Tiki Central!
As promised, here are some sneak peek preview pictures of the Lucky Tiki, (The new Los Angeles Tiki Bar.)

Many talented Tiki artists have been hard at work creating an amazing Tiki environment for all of you to enjoy.

Please check it out!

Tiki's by Danny (Tiki Diablo)

Lamps by me

Crazy Al working on the fireplace

Tiki mug shelf by Lucky Burton

Me and shruken head

There's more great stuff being made right now by Tiki Tony, Crazy Al, Kevin Kidney and more. I'll post more pics as it developes.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bob on 2005-03-22 17:23 ]

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Removed some edited bys - 2013-05-29 11:40 ]

She's a beauty Tiki Bob. Thanks for the sneak peek. I might have missed your previous posts, but whereabouts in L.A. is the Lucky Tiki? I'd like to make the opening when it happens.

Looks great! Hope I can make it over to L.A. sometime when it's all finished.

On 2004-11-21 23:39, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
She's a beauty Tiki Bob. Thanks for the sneak peek. I might have missed your previous posts, but whereabouts in L.A. is the Lucky Tiki? I'd like to make the opening when it happens.

Joey, it's the bar from the "Name the Tiki Bar" contest:

This little gem is located in the San Fernando Valley, where the 405 and the 118 freeways meet. Formerly known as the "Wild Cherry," this bar, built in the '50s, is suspected of being a former tiki bar (unconfirmed as of yet due to its current dive bar appearance). It features a lava rock fagade and a large lava rock fireplace, perfect for a complete tiki restoration. The bar will feature full liquor with tropical drinks and authentic tiki dicor including carvings and paintings from some of the best contemporary tiki artists. We will have our very own custom tiki mug, DJ's, special events and island tunes to take you far, far away.

I haven't been up in that neighborhood in years, but I'm enjoying the pictures & I hope to see this in person when it's complete.

Hey Bob,
I will be down your way for the holidays.
Hope you will be open by then.
Have Fun!

Holy crap - this looks great! C'Al & Kevin have great taste - (don't know Tiki Tony's work - but I'm sure it's good) - this is looking to be an incredible bar...

When's the grand opening?

oddly, I've already had a dream about this place, this weekend.

the pics look great! can't wait to see the real thing next time I'm in So Cal.

Looks great! I can't wait!

What opening date are you shooting for?

I think I have a new favorite bar in the making.

TikiDiablo, CrazyAl and crew are making this world a better place, one tiki at a time!

H

finally a tiki bar close enough to walk to , yeah. Cant wait.

S

WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN!

Wow. Your place is looking sweet. Keep the pics coming.

I look forward to seeing this next time I'm in LA. Beautiful job so far!

TB

We are shooting for the 2nd weekend in Dec. to be open. I will host a private Tiki Central night around that time. I will let everybody know when I have an exact date.

Thanks. I'm doing a term paper that's kickin' my butt. I'ts due about then and I'll be needing some healing.

That place looks AWESOME!!!!!

Congrats on the nice work tony, chiki and al!

Can't wait to see it in person!

YES!

TB

I forgot to mention that Tiki carver Dawna will be carving our signature "Lucky Tiki"

Will the Lucky Tiki bring you luck when you rub its belly?

TB

Of Course!!

TB

well... we are getting close to opening, and will let everybody know in the next few days when the private opening is.

Check out the great logo done by my friend Kevin Kidney.

TB

Also,
The website is up. Check it out.
http://www.theluckytiki.com

Tres cool! I knew Kev would be the man for the job!

I bet if someone that knows Tiki but not this website drives by there and sees that sign they will think they discovered an unknown 60s hideaway, it looks so period.

T

Oh man - this looks soooooo good. And it's close to our house!

N

I cant wait to see this place in person. I am there when they have the grand opening.

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-12-03 13:28 ]

Hey if this is the place I think it is, I use to ride my bike past in when I was a menehune. I was kind of scared of it, but I was scared of many thing I now love. wink wink. I look forward to a Mai Tai over the holidays when I visit my parents. Let us know when you open.

T

Awesome looking place. Who did the big tiki with the skulls? C'Al? Danny?

On 2004-12-03 15:01, Turbogod wrote:
Who did the big tiki with the skulls?

That one looks like a Crazy Al... I can't wait to see this place -- it looks killer from the pics!

Hi TB looking forward to the opening. WOW - great work by all artists involved.

TB

Yes,
Crazy Al did the 8 ft. Tiki with the skulls. It is 10 times more amazing in person.

Looking forward to seeing it all in person. When is the opening date? Need some entertainment for that opening night? I know a few haulaus and island groups that you might want to book or do you have room for this? Maybe just the opening night.

T

C'Al rules. Or have I said that before?

I second that!

H

I am SO thrilled about this! Great work all around, by many of my favorite artists... in particular, Kevin's logo is effing adorable. Excited to hear more details about when it'll open. Congratulations on the results of your hard work, all around!

B

SRO and you aren't even open yet. It has all the maikngs of a Dynamite tiki joint.

Hey Benzart so will you be coming to California for the opening? Or are you having great weather in Saint Lucie, FL?

WOW! the place looks outstanding! that tiki that C'Al did looks fabulous! Are you going to have a signature mug that us out-of-state-r's can have a chance at purchasing? you'll have to post some pics of opening night so that the unfortunate who can't attend can enjoy! thanks!

Great work, TikiBob!

I took a jaunt over there to check it out in progress a couple of days ago. Before the sign went up.

Looks GREAT. What a cool little joint.

I can't wait!

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY DOG OH MY DOG OH MY DOG OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY!

[ Edited by: tikitortured on 2004-12-04 10:08 ]

Awesome - now can you come over here and build one on Oahu? Nothin' like that over here at all. The stuff in town is too... too... commercial I guess would be the word for it. Your place would be a welcome addition over here. Next time I'm mainland-side, I'm coming to the Lucky Tiki for a Mai Tai or ten...

Aloha

MTM

TB

We are definitely going to have our own
Tiki mug or two. But unfortunately it takes so long to get them made that it probably won't be ready for another 6 months. I'll let everybody know as soon as they are done.

I love the logo...
I love the building...
I love the name...
I love the concept...
I love it...I love it...I love it...

By the way, The Monitors, is your name in any way an hommage to the 1981 art band "Monitor" who then became the legendary early "The Tikis"? (See Michael Uhlenkott bio in "TIKI ART NOW!")

Oh, and tikitortured, please edit your "OHMYGODOHMYGOD..." post by putting some spaces between the words, your continous word worm is why all other posts are running now in Cinemascope format, which makes them very hard to read!

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-12-03 21:38 ]

UB

On 2004-12-03 21:16, The Monitors wrote:
I love the logo...
I love the building...
I love the name...
I love the concept...
I love it...I love it...I love it...

It's the Love Monitor!!

UB

On 2004-12-03 21:32, bigbrotiki wrote:
By the way, The Monitors, is your name in any way an hommage to the 1981 art band "Monitor" who then became the legendary early "The Tikis"? (See Michael Uhlenkott bio in "TIKI ART NOW!")

Hey Sven!
How come you never asked me any cool questions like that?
Apparently, I'm not worthy?

Ooops, should I know? Sorry but, even it sometimes might seem that way, I am not always all-knowing, all-seeing Big Brother Tiki.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-12-04 09:36 ]

B

I dropped off some decor at the "Wild Cherry" on Thursday.........Lucky was gracious enough to stop work long enough to show me around.......Crazy Al's Tiki has to be seen in person. The whole place is amazing. Jaws will drop............ I think I will be back from Mexico in time for the opening......yeah!

Not to get off topic or anything but that was a good question Bigbrotiki asked about Monitor. I love them. They're so obscure. My band "the TIKI GODS" opened for them at Cal State Long Beach once upon a time. Anyhoo, back to THE LUCKY TIKI, when did you say the grand opening is, because I want to go there NOW!

Pages: 1 2 3 140 replies